Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Notary WorkJust Politics
Discussion involving leisure activities: books, travel, hobbies, sports, Internet fun and more. Please read Msg #1 before posting.

We are all out off condition/training for what to do in the
Posted by  Cheryl Elliott of CA on 3/2/17 9:56am Msg #28400
event of danger, air attacks. On September 11, 2001, I was sitting on the 55th floor of the Arco tower having breakfast in the cafeteria of the Capital Group. I watched in disbelief of what I saw on the television screen televising the planes flying into the Twin Towers and later, the Pentagon, and so on.

During the ensuing hours, all elevators and escalators were shut down, and we were systematically emptied from the building into the plaza.

Of course, all departures at all airports were ceased. No doubt in my mind there were terrorists poised in every major city to carry out a national attack. Paralyzing.

It's good to know that corporations are proactive for ill-intentioned gun packing characters. I'm not a big shopper any more...I have my little network of places to go...hardware, costco, grocery, eateries, not located in malls.

Of course, the Flir Corporation is making zillions in cameras now being installed in every public place possible...parking structures, parking lots, regional shopping centers/malls...they made the cameras that were mounted on the helicopter that detected the Boston bomber hiding in a boat at a private residence. How often do they keep someone from carrying out their attack mission? Hard to know.
PrevNextReturn to Leisure

Messages in this Thread
 shortest shopping trip ever..... - notarydi/CA on 3/1/17 10:38pm
 A long way from our duck and cover cold war drills - Bear900/CA on 3/2/17 12:39am
 Most of us are not trained to look over our shoulder at all -  Cheryl Elliott on 3/2/17 7:33am
 That's interesting & a bit unnerving, but we live in a -  MW/VA on 3/2/17 8:07am
 I read an interesting article on this years ago... -  JanetK_CA on 3/2/17 9:10pm
 We are all out off condition/training for what to do in the -  Cheryl Elliott on 3/2/17 9:56am
 Re: shortest shopping trip ever..... - MikeC/TX on 3/2/17 5:47pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.