Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Notary WorkJust Politics
Discussion involving leisure activities: books, travel, hobbies, sports, Internet fun and more. Please read Msg #1 before posting.

Gardening small or no space
Posted by Bear900/CA of CA on 3/5/17 10:02am Msg #28418
Sorry man. I can see your space now. A small BBQ and folding chairs right? Picture this: stepping out into a keyhole garden with just enough room to stand, plant, cultivate and harvest the best heirloom veggies you can find. Would be unique and we'll worth it.

I can't copy the link on my pad but Google keyhole gardens.

We did see the haurloom lady at the farmers market yesterday and I broke the bank on heirloom greens. We're talking about seeds that are 50 to 150 years old and passed down. So when I collect seeds, next year's garden will be free, plus I plan on donating some to our local seed bank to keep the genetics going. Let me know if you're interested.

There's a guy in Canada who calls himself The Urban Gardener. He grows in his neighbor's backyards either keeping them stocked or leasing the yard. Does this all over his city neighborhood. Meant for a younger guy but the idea is a good one.

I'm hoping this will take me somewhere. Maybe someday opening an organic garden supply shop. Plan on getting my Master Gardener certification next year which is part of the state University extension program. I would like to focus on helping peogle with limited space set up instant organic gardens. Get out of the mortgage business except for part time.

I've learned a lot and even the lady yesterday commented on that. Now I have all these plants and it's raining outside. Always some hurdle to overcome.
PrevNextReturn to Leisure

Messages in this Thread
 Organic gardening - are you getting ready for Spring!? - Bear900/CA on 3/3/17 6:46pm
 I can't think of a better thing to do than to grow your -  MW/VA on 3/3/17 8:40pm
 You're killing me, man... - MikeC/TX on 3/4/17 10:32pm
 Apartment-dweller Gardening Tips/Tricks -  Christine/OK on 3/5/17 7:46am
 Re: Apartment-dweller Gardening Tips/Tricks - Bear900/CA on 3/5/17 9:22am
 Gardening small or no space - Bear900/CA on 3/5/17 10:02am
 lots of cities have "community" gardens..... - notarydi/CA on 3/5/17 2:02pm
 Re: lots of cities have "community" gardens..... - Bear900/CA on 3/5/17 6:23pm
 Re: Gardening small or no space - MikeC/TX on 3/5/17 4:01pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.