Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Notary WorkJust Politics
Discussion involving leisure activities: books, travel, hobbies, sports, Internet fun and more. Please read Msg #1 before posting.

Ask Me How I Grow My Garden
Posted by Bear900/CA of CA on 4/17/17 2:04pm Msg #28563
(Re-post from another channel)

This is actually the title of a video I am posting a link to below.

Spoiler Alert:

This may get confusing for some beginners (but a good place to start) or pretty basic for advanced gardeners. But if you feel stuck somewhere in the middle and find you are building a passion to get better at it, then watching this video will take you from A-Z with some very good tips. Few videos do that. I watch a LOT!

Caution, it's an hour long so have some free time or just give up that 1 hr program you usually watch, and be patient as you watch. People want everything fast!

I'm about at the same level of the person being interviewed so I was able to relate beyond what they had time to say. Look for words you are not used to such as bio-char, rock dust (Azomite), single stem growing, square foot method, carbon-based composting, and so much more that is recognizable for the more experienced.

http://www.dailynews.com/lifestyle/20170214/how-an-enthusiasm-for-gardening-grows-on-others

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3RzNDq3sgM

About John Kohler (the interviewer) of "Growing Your Greens" YouTube channel:

People love him or tolerate him. He's wordy, but also fast and hyper. My wife hated him as she listened in the background. (I watch YouTube on TV through my Roku ). Then two weeks ago I heard her laughing in the backdrop as she tuned-in to his quirky humor. Now she sits in on occasion.

He has over 1200 gardening videos and has become a guru of sorts for many other 'experienced' gardeners. He travels and interviews a lot, and is a raw vegan for over 20 years. I started watching him and others he interviewed starting late last autumn and give a lot of credit for notching my gardening skills up higher than I would have expected to these videos.

It's raining off and on, but I'm out to hang trellises for 11 heirloom 'indeterminate' (fun to find out what that means) tomato plants that I planted in one square foot each, and am training into single stems.

I made and planted five 4x8 raised garden beds using the square-foot method with woodchip pathways. I'm growing squash and cucumbers vertically and use compost tea and Neem oil for pest control. I use the same brand water filters you will see in the video. I also believe in 'no-till'' (Charles Dowding ) gardening. I'm just getting started.

If this fits you, I hope you enjoy!
PrevNextReturn to Leisure

Messages in this Thread
 Ask Me How I Grow My Garden - Bear900/CA on 4/17/17 2:04pm
 Re: Ask Me How I Grow My Garden -  Cheryl Elliott on 4/18/17 10:15pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.