Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Notary WorkJust Politics
Discussion involving leisure activities: books, travel, hobbies, sports, Internet fun and more. Please read Msg #1 before posting.

Thanksgiving Holiday weekend has deadly statistics
Posted by  Cheryl Elliott of CA on 11/28/17 7:14am Msg #29758

CHP: DUI arrests up over Thanksgiving holiday
Posted: Nov 28, 2017 3:30 AM PST
Updated: Nov 28, 2017 3:30 AM PST
By KSBY Staff
Connect

California Highway Patrol released the number of DUI incidents over the Thanksgiving weekend. They show that more people drove under the influence this year than last year.

Officers across the state made 1,057 DUI arrests between Wednesday evening and Sunday night, during CHP's maximum enforcement period.

That number up 17% from last year.

The agency reports that 76 were killed in traffic collisions across the state (CA alone) in that same time frame.

More than half (55%) of those killed in crashes weren't wearing seat belts.

I'm glad I didn't have to be out late on Friday or Saturday while was signing 14 files total. I tried to get home before dark, but both days it was after 6pm.

We had several fatalities right here in on the Central Coast over the holiday.
PrevNextReturn to Leisure

Messages in this Thread
 Thanksgiving Holiday weekend has deadly statistics -  Cheryl Elliott on 11/28/17 7:14am

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.