Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Notary WorkJust Politics
Discussion involving leisure activities: books, travel, hobbies, sports, Internet fun and more. Please read Msg #1 before posting.

Supermoon tonight at 5:26pm. I can't wait! Got superscope!
Posted by  Cheryl Elliott of CA on 12/3/17 8:45am Msg #29780
Kicking off a Supermoon trilogy, a big moon is coming to your neighborhood Sunday, the first in a two-month series of celestial shows.

A full moon Sunday will hit the point in its elliptical orbit where it’s closest to Earth. At that point, known as the perigee, it will appear brighter and bigger than usual.

A good time to catch the Supermoon is shortly after the moon rises at 5:26 p.m. Sunday, when it can be seen in the context of buildings and other earthly objects — and thus will appear larger than when it’s higher in the sky.

Get out the popcorn, get a ring side seat somewhere away from city lights and take it all in!
PrevNextReturn to Leisure

Messages in this Thread
 Supermoon tonight at 5:26pm. I can't wait! Got superscope! -  Cheryl Elliott on 12/3/17 8:45am
 Re: Supermoon tonight at 5:26pm. I can - Luckydog on 12/3/17 2:06pm
 Already looked pretty awesome last night! n/m -  JanetK_CA on 12/3/17 3:41pm
 It was SUPERB. All wrapped in white gold, waxing poetically- n/m - NVLSlady/VA on 12/4/17 10:33am
 Two Super Blue Moons in January 2018 -  Cheryl Elliott on 12/5/17 10:03am

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.