Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Notary WorkJust Politics
Discussion involving leisure activities: books, travel, hobbies, sports, Internet fun and more. Please read Msg #1 before posting.

"Black Betty" mystery
Posted by BearPaw/CO of CO on 12/4/17 9:17pm Msg #29787
Even tho this is definitely work related, I'm posting in Leisure in case some might think this too raunchy for the Forum. So, I go to this signing, and they have this darling 4-week old all-black kitty. I ask the little girl, about 8 years old, 9 at the most, what kitty's name is. "Betty." Oh, cute, how'd you decide on that name, I ask? Well, you know the song "Black Betty," she answers. No, I didn't know the song , but I am now somewhat of an expert, having done a lot of research on "Black Betty." For an entertaining version, see You Tube Tom Jones' video of "Black Betty." There are other videos of the Lead Belly song, whose lyrics go beyond highly suggestive to leaving little to the imagination. Now, my question to my husband is how can a little girl know about this song? Should I report her parents to CPS? Just kidding. My husband says little kids these have seen it all, anyway. BTW: I searched for a Black Betty nursery rhyme, thinking maybe it was a spinoff of "Ba Ba Black Sheep." Nope. Just one Black Betty, born in Birmingham, way down in Alabam ...

Just don't know what to think about this.
PrevNextReturn to Leisure

Messages in this Thread
 "Black Betty" mystery - BearPaw/CO on 12/4/17 9:17pm
 Re: "Black Betty" mystery - MikeC/TX on 12/4/17 11:31pm
 On another note, bababababarbara ann -  Cheryl Elliott on 12/5/17 9:40am
 Re: "Black Betty" mystery - Luckydog on 12/5/17 7:28pm
 Re: "Black Betty" mystery - BearPaw/CO on 12/5/17 9:21pm
 Re: "Black Betty" mystery - Lee/AR on 12/6/17 2:36pm
 Re: "Black Betty" mystery - Luckydog on 12/7/17 10:36am
 Re: "Black Betty" mystery -  BrendaTx on 12/18/17 12:20pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.