Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Notary WorkJust Politics
Discussion involving leisure activities: books, travel, hobbies, sports, Internet fun and more. Please read Msg #1 before posting.

Low impact video workout recommendation? New Year Challenge?
Posted by JanetK_CA of CA on 12/6/17 4:01pm Msg #29798
I finally wore out the DVD I've been using (not as often as I should, but enough to improve fitness), and I'm looking for something to replace it, with maybe something that will bring some new challenges without overdoing it. Has anyone found any free online videos (e.g. on YouTube) they like? (If I go that route, hopefully I can find some variety.)

I've been using the Leslie Sansone "Walk Away the Pounds" DVD, which offers 4 workouts: the equivalent of a 1-mi, 2-mi, 3-mi or 4-mi "walking" workout you can do in your living room (or wherever). I was going to just reorder it, but I'm thinking it would be good to try something different that challenges muscles a little bit differently without risking injury. (I have lower back challenges and some limitations on upper body strength.) Unfortunately, lots of the stuff I've seen look like they're for someone a lot younger than me. Wink For most just starting a workout routine, though, the Sansone DVD is a great option, regardless of your current fitness level. (I gradually worked my way up to the 3-mi workout, but never did the 4-mi.)

When I started in this business, I wasn't aware of just how much more of my time I spent sitting: in front of my pc, in the car, at someone's kitchen table, etc. But over the years, that difference showed up around my waist, in spite of my best efforts. This year, with business slowing a bit, I decided it was time to prioritize my health and fitness!

Last January(?), there was a challenge here among several who wanted to lose some weight. I got pretty close to my goal, but still have those last few difficult pounds to go, which I plan to work on again this coming January. Anyone else care to join me? I know I need to keep moving if I'm going to get rid of the rest and keep off what I lost. [Plus, I have a family history of various stuff that indicates a need for heart-healthy actions! Smile] I've only lost about 10% of my body weight (so far), but I can't tell you how much better I feel!! (It took more than exercise, BTW... Wink)

The weather here has been nice enough to go outside for a walk, but if I get a short-notice call in the middle of a video-type workout, I can just shut it down and jump into the shower. If I go to a gym or out for a walk, it could take a lot more time just to get back home. (And today, we've had warnings to stay inside, if possible, because of smoke blowing this way from another fire in Riverside...)

I appreciate any workout recommendations - and challenge anyone else interested to renew those goals to get healthy(ier) in the new year! Any takers?
PrevNextReturn to Leisure

Messages in this Thread
 Low impact video workout recommendation? New Year Challenge? - JanetK_CA on 12/6/17 4:01pm
 I immediately thought of my little 45 record "Chicken Fat" -  Cheryl Elliott on 12/6/17 6:14pm
 Re: Low impact video workout recommendation? New Year Challenge? - NVLSlady/VA on 12/6/17 10:31pm
 New Year Challenge? - Bear900/CA on 12/7/17 1:17am
 Re: New Year Challenge? -  JanetK_CA on 12/7/17 2:03pm
 Re: Low impact video workout recommendation? New Year Challenge? -  Cheryl Elliott on 12/7/17 6:55am
 Re: New Year Challenge (12-week?) - NVLSlady/VA on 12/7/17 12:03pm
 Re: New Year Challenge (12-week?) -  JanetK_CA on 12/7/17 2:21pm
 Your program sounds good - NVLSlady/VA on 12/7/17 3:50pm
 Re: Your program sounds good -  Claudine Osborne on 12/18/17 1:20pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.