Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Notary WorkJust Politics
Discussion involving leisure activities: books, travel, hobbies, sports, Internet fun and more. Please read Msg #1 before posting.

Best new lunch recipe today
Posted by Bear900/CA of CA on 4/9/18 12:51am Msg #30184
Here's the ingredients followed by a dumb-funny story.

- Ak-Mak, Armenian cracker bread you can find in most stores in a box
- top it with some arugula leaves. This is going to be like an open-face sandwich, except on Ak-Mak cracker bread
- Mixed tuna salad, just a dab of mayo or vegan mayo if you have it. Ingredients: Tuna, shredded carrots, chopped green onions, chopped orange pepper, and chopped celery. A chopped mild jalapeno would be good. I have those growing. I also had the celery from the garden.
- Spread the salad on top of the Arugula on top of the cracker bread, and voila! Wow!

Takes 30 seconds of fixin' if you have the salad pre-made. Can also be done as a wrap but try to use arugula with it's spicy-sweet and nutty flavor instead of lettuce. Ak-Mak also makes a big difference.

During the Winter, one of the beds where I planted a cover crop had an unknown green almost weed-looking thing growing. I left it alone. We now have the bed planted, and I still left the weed thing alone out of curiosity. We asked each other what it could possibly be. "I dunno."

So today I did a taste test as this thing was growing big and fast. It had a sweet nutty flavor. I heralded my wife to come and taste this wonderful green that I now proclaimed as my favorite tasting green thing in the garden. "Oh, that's arugula. How did it get there?" "I don't know..."

One of the benefits of a no-till garden is sometimes seeds will plant themselves and that's what happened. We had arugula planted nearby early last season but used it very little. It's starting to bolt (flower) so I am going to let it go to seed again and replant itself. No work and free plants! This garden is starting to pay-off! I have other strange things growing so wonder what they are. The beds are planted but there's room for everybody.
PrevNextReturn to Leisure

Messages in this Thread
 Best new lunch recipe today - Bear900/CA on 4/9/18 12:51am
 Re: Best new lunch recipe today -  Cheryl Elliott on 4/12/18 8:51am
 Time to get a juicer! n/m - Bear900/CA on 4/12/18 12:38pm
 Re: Time to get a juicer! -  Cheryl Elliott on 4/13/18 8:42pm
 Re: Time to get a juicer! -  Cheryl Elliott on 4/20/18 6:48pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.