Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Notary WorkJust Politics
Discussion involving leisure activities: books, travel, hobbies, sports, Internet fun and more. Please read Msg #1 before posting.

how I spent my 4th of July.....
Posted by notarydi/CA of CA on 7/6/18 4:50pm Msg #30422
so, several months ago we got an offer from a credit card company offering free tickets to see Toby Keith in concert at Mandalay Bay, Las Vegas on July 4. Well, I'm more of a Dixie Chicks girl, but, free was the operative word. He is one hell of an entertainer. Anyway, it was a great concert despite the fact he was really sick. Was pretty much hoarse with some voice challenges. But, man, he got an A+ for effort. Just belted out hit after hit.....hangin' on to that Red Solo cup for dear life! Closed with American Soldier. Just an awesome concert...….

Now, the negative about Vegas.....ordered a drink from the cocktail waitress at the poker table. (MGM). She brings my diet coke, give her a tip, and turn back to focus on my poker hand. Go to take a sip of my drink.....HUH??? NO STRAW. The pit boss politely informs me....we no longer give out straws with drinks unless you ask for one. REALLY???? Thank goodness for Starbucks...promptly walked across the floor and grabbed a supply of straws. Hoarding straws in my purse now…….Smile
PrevNextReturn to Leisure

Messages in this Thread
 Happy Fouth of July! - Luckydog on 7/3/18 7:09pm
 Winter weather and Pirates under the Big Top - Bear900/CA on 7/3/18 7:22pm
 how I spent my 4th of July..... - notarydi/CA on 7/6/18 4:50pm
 Re: how I spent my 4th of July..... -  Cheryl Elliott on 7/7/18 10:12am

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.