Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Notary WorkJust Politics
Discussion involving leisure activities: books, travel, hobbies, sports, Internet fun and more. Please read Msg #1 before posting.

Re: 10 things not to compost
Posted by Bear900/CA of CA on 1/8/19 11:54am Msg #30844
Most of that is true. I wouldn't worry about citrus and onions killing worms. In a good aerobic compost pile the heat will. They come back. I've watched this cycle time and again.

If a coffee or tea filter is toxic to the compost pile, maybe we shouldn't be drinking that coffee or tea? Wink I add coffee and their filters.

On the other hand...and this is just my personal preference....I try to stay away from this:

"Horse, cow, chicken and rabbit droppings are great additions to your compost pile. They will add nutrients and organic matter that will benefit your soil."

Yes...and steer and chicken manure may also add bad bacteria and other bad stuff. If it's pre-composted, I may add some chicken manure (hard to keep out of raised bed materials), or I may compost it more to kill the bacteria. Best nitrogen source is worm castings, and most natural.

Who thought this would turn to gardening... Smile
PrevNextReturn to Leisure

Messages in this Thread
 Katrina Spade's Composting idea -  Christine/OK on 1/8/19 7:09am
 Re: Katrina Spade - Luckydog on 1/8/19 10:29am
 Understanding "Aerobic vs Anaerobic" in Soil biology - Bear900/CA on 1/8/19 11:22am
 Re: Understanding "Aerobic vs Anaerobic" in Soil biology - Luckydog on 1/8/19 11:41am
 try this or this is the whole link - Luckydog on 1/8/19 11:42am
 Re: 10 things not to compost - Bear900/CA on 1/8/19 11:54am
 Re: 10 things not to compost - Luckydog on 1/8/19 12:06pm
 Re: 10 things not to compost - Bear900/CA on 1/8/19 12:22pm
 Re: 10 things not to compost - Luckydog on 1/8/19 2:08pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.