Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Notary WorkJust Politics
Discussion involving leisure activities: books, travel, hobbies, sports, Internet fun and more. Please read Msg #1 before posting.

Re: 10 things not to compost
Posted by Luckydog of FL on 1/8/19 12:06pm Msg #30845
I agree, I always heard coffee grounds were great for the garden! I actually thought all was okay except for meat and anything like dog and cat poop...I buried dead fish or fish guts when living up north after cleaning them in the flower bed with great looking flowers. I never composted, however, and probably back then would have tossed them in because they decompose fast.
I just don't think to bury people for organic uses is needed unless maybe in the desert where all you have is sand, and then I bet you mummify for lack of moisture. I have seen funerals where they shovel that dirt on top, but all the ones I have been to I believe are sealed in a concrete vault that is supposed to be waterproof.
Can you imagine all the bones after hundreds of people are composted in that article? Bones stay bones...

Interesting find Christine Smile
PrevNextReturn to Leisure

Messages in this Thread
 Katrina Spade's Composting idea -  Christine/OK on 1/8/19 7:09am
 Re: Katrina Spade - Luckydog on 1/8/19 10:29am
 Understanding "Aerobic vs Anaerobic" in Soil biology - Bear900/CA on 1/8/19 11:22am
 Re: Understanding "Aerobic vs Anaerobic" in Soil biology - Luckydog on 1/8/19 11:41am
 try this or this is the whole link - Luckydog on 1/8/19 11:42am
 Re: 10 things not to compost - Bear900/CA on 1/8/19 11:54am
 Re: 10 things not to compost - Luckydog on 1/8/19 12:06pm
 Re: 10 things not to compost - Bear900/CA on 1/8/19 12:22pm
 Re: 10 things not to compost - Luckydog on 1/8/19 2:08pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.