Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Notary WorkJust Politics
Discussion involving leisure activities: books, travel, hobbies, sports, Internet fun and more. Please read Msg #1 before posting.

"You have a fractured hip" .. huh..?
Posted by Bear900/CA of CA on 2/15/19 3:20pm Msg #30989
The ortho surgeon's urgent call on a Saturday morning one month ago was a jaw dropper. The look on my face was being mirrored by the look on my wife's face as she tuned in. We were in for a shock.

"The x-rays show you have a stress fracture in your hip. Get off your legs, use only crutches. Just sit and catch up on football or something. Get an MRI done on Monday and I'll see you on Tuesday."

Just shoot me through the heart doc! I have no idea what any of that meant for me. It took a long while to catch my breath, and days before I could relax enough to do any research.

So when exactly was this? About two weeks after posting this on 12/28/18: Msg #30761

"The slip-and-slide fall game! Ha! Man, do I ache! Just as I was starting to walk perfectly, a big little set-back. Such is life as some like to say. Get out the walker, locate the pain meds and start over. Just about there." not even close.....

During the close to 4 weeks of trying to figure out what was hurting me, I had been up and down ladders, carrying heavy sacks over my shoulder, planting garden beds, pruning fruit trees...

When I finally focused the pain at my hip I called the surgeon.

After reviewing the MRI the surgeon said I had good blood flow to the area and the repair process had already started or else he preferred to put three long screws in from the side of the hip. He gave me a month to see what I could do on my own and to see if the bone would slip apart.

So for the last month I have been researching, sitting, more researching, supplementing with minerals and nutrients like crazy.

I found out some crazy things, like one out of four people with hip fractures die. WHAT?? (From complications) Still shocks me. Initial non-surgical repair time 90 to 120 days, and up to 1 to 2 years for full repair.

So today is the day of reckoning. Stay tuned....
PrevNextReturn to Leisure

Messages in this Thread
 "You have a fractured hip" .. huh..? - Bear900/CA on 2/15/19 3:20pm
 My God Bear....hope all went well!! Prayers to you n/m - Linda_H/FL on 2/15/19 4:23pm
 Thank You .... and some Good News! - Bear900/CA on 2/15/19 6:34pm
 Re: Thank You .... and some Good News! -  Cheryl Elliott on 2/16/19 9:14am
 Major tell-tale sign of a stress fracture - wish I knew - Bear900/CA on 2/16/19 9:47am
 Re: "You have a fractured hip" .. huh..? - MikeC/TX on 2/16/19 10:58pm
 Re: "You have a fractured hip" .. huh..? -  Cheryl Elliott on 2/20/19 7:34am
 Up and at it! - Bear900/CA on 2/22/19 3:20pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.