Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Notary WorkJust Politics
Discussion involving leisure activities: books, travel, hobbies, sports, Internet fun and more. Please read Msg #1 before posting.

Re: I know you said you wanted a new d/l photo, but in VA
Posted by  JanetK_CA of CA on 2/23/19 1:25am Msg #31032
I could have renewed online, but only for the current version of a CA DL, which isn't compliant with Real ID. I wanted to get that, so I had to go in person and present ID credentials - including 'original' birth certificate, and Social Security Card. (BTW, my car registration was due last month and that I was able to easily do online.)

Also, a heads up for anyone planning to apply for a CA Real ID before the 2020 deadline... In 1999, I applied for a Passport and couldn't find the ancient 'original' of my birth certificate, so I applied for and received a "Certification of Vital Record" and was able to get a Passport. Later, I did find it and fortunately decided to toss it all into the same folder, which I had with me at the DMV. Turns out they wouldn't accept the Certification of Vital Record issued by the county where I was born!
PrevNextReturn to Leisure

Messages in this Thread
 Follow-up on DMV discussion - JanetK_CA on 2/21/19 8:00pm
 I know you said you wanted a new d/l photo, but in VA -  MW/VA on 2/22/19 2:49pm
 We have the same thing here in TX - MikeC/TX on 2/22/19 5:42pm
 Re: I know you said you wanted a new d/l photo, but in VA -  JanetK_CA on 2/23/19 1:25am
 Re: I know you said you wanted a new d/l photo, but in VA - MikeC/TX on 2/24/19 11:11pm
 Re: I know you said you wanted a new d/l photo, but in VA -  VT_Syrup on 4/4/19 6:28am

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.