Notary Rotary
Another One Bites the Dust. R.E.T.S.
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to June, 2011 Index

Posted by Michael Dooley on 6/20/11 1:40pm
Msg #386938

Real Estate Title Services in Louisville Ky no longer handles scheduling of their own files. They went to the infamous Nations Direct and Notary247. The latter I dont know anything about. However the former....... I wont be taking any 45.00 Edoc calls.

Just thought id pass the info along if it hasnt been passed along already.

Reply by MW/VA on 6/20/11 2:40pm
Msg #386947

Ughhhh! Another co. turns to the low-ballers & slow-payers.

You can check out 24-7 in SC.

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 6/20/11 2:44pm
Msg #386948

Yeah..what a shame...you'd think..and wish...that the

least a title company would do, if they want to outsource their scheduling (and I'm surprised they're THAT busy, but good for them if they are) is research the company they're giving their work to and see how it's going to be handled.

Again...what a shame.

Reply by HisHughness on 6/20/11 3:40pm
Msg #386953

This is a chance for NotRottweilers to make an impact

If all those who post to this board would email RETS to tell the company to remove them from their database, and <cite as the reason> the company's decision to use Nations Direct, I think the company would get the message. Doesn't matter whether RETS uses you now or ever has used you; the object is to let RETS know that Nations Direct is a pariah in the real estate closing business.

Anybody on board with that?

Reply by S Peterson on 6/20/11 4:01pm
Msg #386958

What's their email address? n/m

Reply by NJDiva on 6/20/11 4:45pm
Msg #386967

Pass along the info...

but first can we please verify that this is true and not just a one time thing? You know how sometimes we react and it's not entirely set in stone?

Why isn't Michael linked? I'd like to make sure that I'm dealing with a real person. With all due respect, I like to know the legitimacy of what is posted.

I don't question the validity of anyone's information, forgive me if it seems that way, but I don't want to hastily react without getting all the facts. We all have our interpretations (ugh) of things and I, for one, don't want to make the mistakes of the past. Wink

Sorry Michael, I hope this doesn't offend you. None meant at all. Nothing to do with YOUR integrity, just being a bit cautious, that's all.

Reply by HisHughness on 6/20/11 4:52pm
Msg #386972

Re: Pass along the info...

Excellent points; I'm holding off for some verification, and this others should do the same.

Reply by Alz on 6/21/11 12:25am
Msg #387046

It is true. The change happened early March of this year. n/m

Reply by MW/VA on 6/20/11 7:33pm
Msg #387010

Great suggestion, Hugh. n/m

Reply by HisHughness on 6/21/11 12:15am
Msg #387045

Sent the following email to RETS tonight

I do not know if I am in your database.

I do not know if I have ever asked to be included in your database.

I do not know if you have ever invited me into your database.

But, if any of those three eventualities obtain, please take note: Remove me from your database posthaste, destroy any correspondence from me seeking a place in your database, and excise my name and any contact information from your contact list. I do not wish any association with any company which chooses to use the services of a scurrilous outfit such as Nations Direct, as I understand you have done.

You can take some comfort in your action, as scabrous as it is, because you will know hereafter that whatever you do, your company will simply never fall any lower.

Reply by NJDiva on 6/21/11 10:49am
Msg #387072

roflmao!!!

OMG...lmao...HUGH? You are out of your mind (with all due respect!) LMAO...Yikes...that's probably no way for them to have any idea what the hell you are talking about.

The only reason I knew you didn't mean it toward them (RETS) PERSONALLY is because of this post.

If I had rec'd that message I'd think you were some lunatic committed to a loony bin, that finally got a hold of a computer. lmao

Your secrets out, sorry Hugh! But how many people do you think will end up using your message?

Reply by Lee/AR on 6/20/11 4:29pm
Msg #386963

Hmmm... get an error message instead of their website.

Reply by Michael Dooley on 6/20/11 4:44pm
Msg #386966

They were bought out by another bank. They used to be a lender here in KY. Then they were bought out by Lending Tree. Then about a a month later bought out by Discover. I called 24/7 notary just to see what they had to say. 75.00 for Edoc files. I actually live in Louisville and did a lot of RETS closings. They were quite the pain. Usually monstrous FHA files and they want you to initial every page. Not worth 75.00 that is for sure.

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 6/20/11 4:47pm
Msg #386968

RETS? A lender? Real Estate Title Services?? n/m

Reply by Michael Dooley on 6/20/11 4:51pm
Msg #386970

Re: RETS? A lender? Real Estate Title Services??

RETS was an in house title for Surepoint Lending who was bought out by Lending Tree then bought out by Discover.

Reply by Michael Dooley on 6/20/11 4:49pm
Msg #386969

just to add, who in the hell does closings for 45.00? that is such a ridiculous offer it is absurd. Not to mention the hand holding, constant calls, schedulers who know nothing about the business. i do not see how anyone can work for Nations Direct. They used to bug the living piss out of me until finally I accepted one of their files and butchered it on purpose. If you all ever want to get out of their call list that worked for me like a charm.

Reply by Michael Dooley on 6/20/11 4:55pm
Msg #386973

You all go ahead and verify all you want. I know 3 loan officers there and just got off the phone with RETS themselves. I called to update my TPL and they said they no longer schedule their files and corporate policy is to run it through those 2 companies respectively. If you all want to be ninny-hammers and search around on the net be my guest.

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 6/20/11 4:55pm
Msg #386974

"They used to bug the living piss out of me until finally I accepted one of their files and butchered it on purpose"

If this is true, you should be ashamed of yourself.

Reply by Michael Dooley on 6/20/11 4:58pm
Msg #386976

Oh its very true. 45.00 you pay for what you get.

Reply by NJDiva on 6/20/11 5:01pm
Msg #386977

How about getting linked Michael? n/m

Reply by Michael Dooley on 6/20/11 5:05pm
Msg #386980

Re: How about getting linked Michael?

I highly doubt there is a RETS link anywhere stating they intend to run all of their closings through those 2 companies. A lot of people even in Louisville never even know who or what RETS was. They thought it was a technical school. I am sure something could be found on the net about Surepoint being bought out by Lending Tree or Discover. I am about to leave the office for the day so I am not going to find it.

Either way like i said i just wanted to relay the info. Choose to believe it if you want. Why am i going to get on here and make up stories? RETS was a damn good company too. It is a shame.

Reply by Dwight/KY on 6/20/11 5:34pm
Msg #386983

RETS

I have worked for RETS many times and they were an excellant compant to work for.

Reply by Saul Leibowitz on 6/20/11 5:39pm
Msg #386985

Michael-- I think she means you getting linked on NotRot, not the lender.

Reply by NJDiva on 6/21/11 10:36am
Msg #387071

Saul is right!!

That is what I meant by linking. I sent a PM.

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 6/20/11 6:37pm
Msg #386999

Someone has linked it for you Michael - Linked just means linking the message to the company in Signing Central

Reply by Mike_D on 6/20/11 11:45pm
Msg #387042

ahhh, sorry. ive been a long time lurker and not much poster. when they told me nations direct i was thinking you have got to be F'N kidding me so i had to tell someone.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.