Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Anyone else having to beg for their hard-earned $$???
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to June, 2011 Index

Posted by HrdwrkrVA on 6/6/11 7:05pm
Msg #385328

this SS pays avg fees & just ok - timewise. Lately, I've noticed 4-6 wks is now 8+ & you have to make several requests! Finally got pd frm SS after 2 mths. Went to bank to deposit & teller handed both checks back - they were postdated for 6/8/11!! Today is 6/6/11 & they were mailed frm CA!!!! Grrrr!!!

Reply by SheilaSJCA on 6/6/11 7:18pm
Msg #385331

not not really

NO- I am not having to beg for money due me, because I choose to work with clients that treat me with respect, meaning they pay in 30 days or less pay above average fees with no hand-holding, and minimum fuss. Not all SS are worth the time or money involved. Good luck!

Reply by HrdwrkrVA on 6/6/11 7:34pm
Msg #385333

I agree w/ u. This one USED to be ok, but lately... n/m

Reply by SouthernOK on 6/6/11 8:17pm
Msg #385335

I love having only 2 other NSA's in the area. n/m

Reply by Calnotary on 6/6/11 10:00pm
Msg #385339

your bank atm will take all your postdated checks with gusto n/m

Reply by Bob_Chicago on 6/7/11 10:21am
Msg #385353

Maybe, you would prefer to be paid like this.. ..

http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_upshot/20110606/od_yblog_upshot/penny-offense-man-fined-for-paying-fee-in-pennies

Reply by HrdwrkrVA on 6/7/11 1:13pm
Msg #385358

Sure, as long as they don't mind paying $50 in postage!

I could wrap them in my down time btwn closings! Then I wouldn't have time to wring my hands b/c of a slow week! Just pay me!

Reply by MaryAnn Cole on 6/7/11 2:45pm
Msg #385372

Yep! Beg, get down right ugly. Why don't we get together and run the deadbeats out of business? We (NSAs) are in the catbird seat/ Without us - no mobile closings - no disbursements - no bad SS. Let's talk.

Reply by jnew on 6/7/11 3:30pm
Msg #385389

I think this operates under the same theory that title companies will not accept cash at closings. They will send you and your cash to a bank and you need to come back with certified funds. I don't think that any business is required to accept any specific form of payment and can reject any currency as it chooses.

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 6/7/11 3:33pm
Msg #385390

"Without us - no mobile closings - no disbursements "

Maybe back during the boom years...all due respect but you overestimate yourself MaryAnn - without us they WILL get those loans closed - borrowers may have to take time off during the day to get the loans closed but they WILL close - we are not as essential a cog in the wheel as you seem to think. How about simply overnight packages to borrowers and tell them "find a notary" - that takes them to Kinkos, AAA, pack-n-ship stores, etc etc....

We are a HUGE convenience to the borrowers but we are not ESSENTIAL to the closing process. Want to put a crimp in bad companies? Don't work for them....and don't brag on forums that you happily work for peanuts.

Reply by jnew on 6/7/11 3:48pm
Msg #385395

What Linda is describing is what was the common way to do at-home closings: mailaways. The reason they use NSA's now is expertise. Mailaways are not used any more because of a lack of control and expertise in the signing process. It is the reason why lowball offers are unacceptable. They want this done for x number of dollars without regard to the quality of completing the assignment correctly the first time. It is far worse for a highly regarded NSA to accept a lowball offer than for a newbie to do the same. The former is donating her/his expertise to the client in exchange for an order. The latter is offering the client a wager on whether the job will be done correctly. The client really does not want that gamble. That is why the better agents are correct in holding the line.

Reply by SheilaSJCA on 6/7/11 3:37pm
Msg #385392

The only solution in my opinion, is not to take a chance working with questionable companies in the first place (and expecting that they will treat you better than the last notary).
Always research a company before you accept and confirm that signing.
Just say no, AND don't enable them by taking payment in advance, you are just allowing them to continue in their business as usual. (ripping off other notaries in the process) The only way to shut them down, is if they cannot find notaries AND clients willing to work with them. Be sure to let their appropriate title company client know about any legitimate unpaid past due account you have with a signing service they hired. They need to know if they are not paying the notary. That is how AA-Mobile Notary was shut down. They got too may complaints and lost their client(s).

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.