Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Blackberry technical quest. Think I ruined my phone!? HELP!
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to June, 2011 Index

Posted by JanetK_CA on 6/24/11 11:42pm
Msg #387645

After a typical EOM busy, 12-hour day, I walk into my office and absentmindedly plugged my BB into the power cord for my Plantronics headset. It is now d e a d and I can't turn it back on. Can anyone tell me if I'm SOL with this phone? (Naturally, I have an 8:45 am appt. tomorrow...) Thank goodness, I just recently signed up with mylockout.com which provides a backup of phone data. (I just hope I did it right and that it works!!)

I plan to make a trip to where I bought the phone right after my morning signing, but I'm praying that I won't be having to buy a new one! Any ideas out there?

Reply by LKT/CA on 6/25/11 12:49am
Msg #387650

Try a soft reset.....remove battery and replace it.

Reply by JanetK_CA on 6/25/11 12:58am
Msg #387651

Thank you, Lisa!!! It worked & I'll sleep tonight!!! ;>) n/m

Reply by LKT/CA on 6/25/11 1:04am
Msg #387654

Sweet dreams !! ;-) n/m

Reply by JanetK_CA on 6/25/11 2:22am
Msg #387656

Thanks, again! BTW, to correct info in OP...

...for those of you who might be interested, I found out that the app from mylockout.com will "only" back-up pictures and contacts (on BB - varies by type of phone). But it also has a feature where if you lose your phone, you can go online and have it set off an alarm (or some tone) so that you can find it. You can also have it locked out remotely so no one else can use it.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.