Notary Rotary
Uh oh. iPhone = deadZone. It won't take a charge. Not from
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to June, 2011 Index

Posted by Susan Fischer on 6/12/11 11:35pm
Msg #386032

the desk charging dock, not from the USB -> wall plug charger, or the car dock.

These old paws have a heckava time with those teensy tiny, itty bitty dots they call keyboards, so I don't text, tweet, or facebook, but the camera/recorder I do use - and I'm big on documenting events, and in the olden days, I was called the Mad Flasher - photographically speaking.

So, I'm looking at a Jitterbug. One of the reasons I got it for Dad was the live operator feature. But - no convenient camera.

More options than "Carter has pills" as we used to say.

I'm Googling "Modern Technology For Old Phartz," and meanwhile, hoping for your sage observations and pearls of wisdom in this zoomzoomy world of technocology.

If HisHughness could care to give us another ditty... Aw, Man, I Got The Dead Battery But My Stamp Still Inks Blues ...

Googling now, 10 4.

Reply by Notarysigner on 6/13/11 2:18am
Msg #386034

Charging switch MUST be on "red" , 4 lights on bottom must flash. If that still doesn't work, re-booth your IPhone, hold the buttom and the and the one at the top at the same tie about 15 sec and Iphone will shut down and restart.

If that doesn't work, when is the last time you "sync" your IPhone with your computer?

Reply by Susan Fischer on 6/13/11 3:37am
Msg #386035

What's a "charging switch", and where is it, James?

4 lights? Oh dear. Haven't seen them.

Reboot. Turn off for a while? That's where I am right now. What's really "turned off?"

Reply by Notarysigner on 6/13/11 7:54am
Msg #386036

Re: What's a "charging switch", and where is it, James?

Sorry for the confusion, I assumed you had a "extended" battery which comes with the phone as an attachment, same for the 4 light, please disregard.
The only thing I can think of (which has happen to me) is the reboot part and syncing your phone to your computer for upgrades to your phone. You must have an apple store account (It is free). When you hook it up to your computer and hit the "sync button" it will tell you what upgrades are avail (usually free) and if anything is work with the iphone. That happened to me after I had it for about two months and my daughter clued me in.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.