Notary Rotary
Venting - ever notice how some SS act as if this is a
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to June, 2011 Index

Posted by HrdwrkrVA on 6/10/11 8:24pm
Msg #385858

business for them, but a hobby for us????

Friday eve & TC cxls less than 1 hr before appt. I only called 3 times , leaving vmail, but no response. Even updated SS's website, who sent email to title & got no response. Called SS twice who, then called or emailed TC again. 45 min before closing, signing rescheduled for next wk. Only turned down two closings - GRRRR!!! SS always says ..."well you know how this business is...", yet when if BO needs time chng that's not possible, SS will come up w/ 100 reasons why & how I could adj my sched to accomodate (screw my other appts & clients).

Once, I had BO who wanted location chngd 10-15 miles in the opposite direction. It wasn't possible due to my next appt, which was 5 blks around the corner AND during rush hr traffic. Yes - I actually accept my appts based on time & proximity - 'scuse me for trying to run my bus. efficiently! SS lectured me about being flexible! If it's not one thing - its the direction the wind was blowing.

I must say, even in this bus., there's no one like Susan of First Preference. She is a notary & lays it on the line ot title. She is sooooo supportive of her notaries!! While not backing down from TC, she still maintains a good business rapport (& standards) w/TC, so they don't act like her co is some dog you can just throw table scraps at. You know how everyon's always posting to respect yourself if you want others to respect you? Sometimes , I have the same TCs thru different SSs & sure enough, the TCs act accordingly!

Just had to vent - what could have been a decent week , turned out to be barely so-so. GRRRR!!!! & goodnite! :-/

Reply by jba/fl on 6/10/11 8:30pm
Msg #385859

You ever notice that when you call plumber, cable company, phone company, electrician, etc., that they always say either between 8am-noon or 1pm -and 5?

Wiggle room is always given to favor them - we really should be having the same options as well I agree - wiggle room!

Breathe deeply, Hardwrkr, exhale s-l-o-w-l-y....

Reply by Yoli/CA on 6/10/11 8:33pm
Msg #385861

Thanks for venting!

You just voiced the gripe of at least 100 other notaries out there. Sorry it took one to screw with your well thought out schedule.

Sleep tight. Next week will be better.

Reply by HrdwrkrVA on 6/10/11 9:15pm
Msg #385864

Thks for ur understanding comments! Hv a gud wknd - n/m

Reply by JimAZ on 6/10/11 9:28pm
Msg #385867

I love working for First Preference and will accept all I can get. Pays in less than 30 days,,,no hand holding,,,pays a reasonable fee,,,,and treats us like pros.

Reply by ikando on 6/10/11 9:46pm
Msg #385870

I really like working with First Preference, too. They appreciate a good notary.

On the flexibility scale, I've noticed that sometimes the BO will say, "They told me it had to be xx o'clock." Don't know if it's the TC, LO or who is doing the scheduling, but it always fascinates me that it's not the two parties most involved in the actual signing activity.

Hrdwrkr, hope you're resting well.

Reply by HisHughness on 6/10/11 10:24pm
Msg #385877

***I must say, even in this bus., there's no one like Susan of First Preference. She is a notary & lays it on the line ot title. She is sooooo supportive of her notaries!! While not backing down from TC, she still maintains a good business rapport (& standards) w/TC***

What a nice thing to say about a signing service. You just earned yourself a spot for life atop the call list of that service. Way to go.

Reply by Les_CO on 6/11/11 9:05am
Msg #385902

I agree with Hugh, a nice thing to say. I also agree that Susan knows this business from both ends (Title and NSA) and will go to the wall for her notaries. We need more like her.

Reply by Susan/CO on 6/11/11 1:30pm
Msg #385939

Thank you for the kind words. I have personally done many signings and I know of the problems that can be involved. Having a Signing Company I must on a daily basis deal with all the problems that can arise, from the lender, the title company and the notary’s point of view. I would like all of you that have worked with me over the years to know that I consider you an integral part of my business, and I thank you every one for your professional work, and for working with me.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.