Notary Rotary
3 closings tomorrow & still no docs yet. First closing at
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to January, 2012 Index

Posted by snowflake/PA on 1/23/12 6:24pm
Msg #409686

10:00 AM. Docs supposed to arrive tonight. One vendor now can't get docs till 11:00 EST tomorrow for my mid afternoon closing. I need to be on the road by 8:30 AM. Too far to go back home to print and meet with borrower. May have to find another notary. Rural area here.

Reply by Luckydog on 1/23/12 6:49pm
Msg #409689

Unfortunately that's the way it goes. You call your first closing tonight and try to work it in later in the day around your other closings. If not possible, you just have to call title to find someone else. Living rural hurts, but you have to allow for to and from travel time between closings.
Good luck!

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 1/23/12 6:49pm
Msg #409690

Used to hate it when that happened!
Maybe you need to invest in portable printer and an inverter (?) or whatever it is called. I know there are some notaries that print documents from their vehicle.

Reply by PegiT_MN on 1/23/12 7:24pm
Msg #409697

I heard about a guy in Illinois who does ten closings per day and he prints from his car. I am lucky in the fact that most of my closings are 8 to 15 minutes from my home in any direction and it is very easy for me to come home and print and head out for the next one. Good luck to you tomorrow.

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 1/23/12 7:46pm
Msg #409699

10 closings a day - I'm amazed that anyone is

getting that kind of volume in real estate closings any more...

Reply by Julie/MI on 1/23/12 8:01pm
Msg #409700

Re: 10 closings a day - I'm amazed that anyone is

My brother has very regular days with 4 to 10 closings.

When you've been in this business for over 7 years and have clients all over the country and many local title companies, this DOES happen. I get days like this too, but only toward month end as I have a kidlets to take care of Wink

If gets in over his head, I will help him out and he does have printing on the road capabilities.

Reply by Susan Fischer on 1/23/12 9:32pm
Msg #409708

Julie's post is one of those precious gems to take to heart

and reflect upon.

Over 7 years, they carved out a profitable business. It wasn't by accident: rather the hard work of targeted marketing; carefully weathered budgets; adaptability; and all of the rest of the long list of successful planning to grow a small business in a growing, ever-changing working world.

Applause, Julie/MI

Reply by Roger_OH on 1/23/12 8:24pm
Msg #409701

Take control...

I'd give the company a deadline for your early appt. If you don't have docs by xx:a.m., then you can't be on time for the scheduled appointment. You can reschedule later in the day when it's mutually convenient, but don't compromise your other appts by being held hostage by late docs.

Certainly advise the BO of the situation, and ask if they have some later flexibility.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.