Notary Rotary
5 star rating...what does that mean---be on your game NSA's
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to January, 2012 Index

Posted by bygrace/PA on 1/31/12 7:11am
Msg #410331

So far, i've had no problem looking at the rating and going with the majority to reduce the risk of non payments....however, don't get it twisted ppl, there's a few companies listed who have great ratings but will test your knowledge, I know because a recent 5star company tried to pull a doozy on the Borrower....a 5K doozy....if I didn't challenge this company about the date on the doc and refuse to accept the orig date (day before the closing in which the Irritated but Yappy Borrower explained to me that they had to have the 5k removed due to an error---this is why I was out on the following day)....did I mention that this 5star company wanted me to have borrower sign with the orig closing date instead of the current date....wait, is that backdating?.....>>>nonetheless, after receiving the updated docs (same amount of docs)from signing service, I noticed...that the 2 page addendum that Borrower would have had to sign(if I didn't pay attention to the dates) is no longer in package and the Hud 303 line miraculously showed the Borrower getting the 5K increase back at closing...(did i mentioned that if you take 2 documents out of a group then the docs would be 2 docs short----but what if I told you that the 5 star agent added two sample docs or aka fillers---so that the loan docs would have the orig amount of docs----slick right?)...5 star my butt...we are in the truth business!....so I'm saying all of this to say....it's not always about the ratings....its about you the NSA being on your game...btw, don't forget to hire a collection agency to collect for you or get an attorney on retainer to handle your collections....i've been successful with reminding the 1 client that tried not to pay me....that as a Notary, I am a pulbic official of the state and therefore report to the "State Attorney General" 30day past due reminder letter....since then, I have had no trouble collecting...(now, I'm not saying use this as your primary way of collecting but it is effective).

Reply by ikando on 1/31/12 7:43am
Msg #410334

And I thought I was the queen of the run-on sentence.

Reply by Les_CO on 1/31/12 8:15am
Msg #410335

I think you are mistaken about the 5 star ratings. Sounds to me like you must be dealing with at least a 7 star company. Most SS I know of don’t prepare the documents, let alone make changes on the HUD, And get the borrower’s closing costs reduced by $5000. Could you tell us the name of this magical company? I’d sure like to work for them.

Reply by bygrace/PA on 1/31/12 2:31pm
Msg #410393

5 Star Company response in forum

maybe that's why they pay well and on time...and in this case, become SS. I wonder if they are hiring

Reply by Eve/VA on 1/31/12 8:30am
Msg #410337

I've been burned badly by a 5 star company listed on NR.

Do we know for certain that the reviews came from NSAs who have actually done the work for the company? Or can anyone post to beef up their own ratings? How does that work?

Reply by bygrace/PA on 1/31/12 2:17pm
Msg #410384

Re: I've been burned badly by a 5 star company listed on NR.

your right....i've been looking at the reviews/forums for over a few years and don't post much for that same reason(they) are looking at them....and Good for them...not afraid of that!!....so it's (normal behavior) for these companies to act in this matter....got that long time ago too....however, the cases, newletters and more still show how many NSA's (well experiened -so -called-smart-ones) are still getting caught in the game. Interestingly, as I read the reviews/forums and will continue to review them......how many NSA's are still bickering with one another over if a post is real or not...(well, that's what happens with smoke & mirrors)....again, I'm in the truth business!!....and for the few who are looking to keep the beef up btwn the NSA's ...your doing a good job....BRAVO!!!!Innocent as my post may have been about making sure that a 5 star company is really a 5 star company and (why) we NSA's need to keep our CEU's up & not get caught up in the ratings.....was the real core of the post.....Eve, their is no beefing up ratings with a NSA....only the other groups(but I do understand your and other NSA paranoia).....this is not an attack on real NSA's as they would know that

Reply by MW/VA on 1/31/12 9:17am
Msg #410342

We don't have a rating system for LO's, tc's, lenders.

That's another matter entirely.
I think we've all experienced requests for back-dating, and how to handle those. More often than not, I expect it's because the LO wants the paycheck for that mo. Again, that would be a completely different discussion--too broad to cover here.
You might also want to consider that cos. read this forum, too. While I respect your rant, complete sentences & paragraphs help us all to be able to read it. IMO you might want to improve your game!
LOL :-)

Reply by bygrace/PA on 1/31/12 1:55pm
Msg #410380

Re: We don't have a rating system for LO's, tc's, lenders.

who's we?

Reply by bygrace/PA on 1/31/12 2:27pm
Msg #410392

Re: Thanks MW/VA from 1 NSA to Another

That's exactly what i'm talking about....you've proved my point

Reply by SharonMN on 1/31/12 3:17pm
Msg #410408

I wish the ratings had several categories as on some online shopping sites (e.g. fits true to size, arrived timely, customer service). The 3 things I really care about are:

Pays as agreed.*
Organized/Docs delivered timely.
Staff is knowledgeable and provides appropriate level of support (neither babysitting calls every ten minutes nor radio silence for 2 days when you have a question.)

* Note that I don't think either the amount of pay nor the timing should affect the star rating given, as these are negotiated at the time of assignment. I just want them to do what they said they would. If I accept $50 with payment in 60 days (which I likely wouldn't), and $50 shows up in my mailbox on day 60 without me having to call about it, I'd call that "pays as agreed."

I think it really makes it hard to use the ratings when people are using different criteria.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.