Notary Rotary
Got a call from Global Notary tonight for a noon closing for
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to January, 2012 Index

Posted by NJDiva on 1/24/12 10:55pm
Msg #409806

tomorrow as I was returning home from a closing. She said they were in Anaheim.

Told her my fee of $XXX, she said she'd get that approved and would call back. She called back. It was approved. As we were talking, I was on NotRot checking them out. Their listing on here says their from Tustin. I said,"are you in Tustin, because there's a Global Notary in Tustin", she said "no, we're in Anaheim. She said we're actually a part of Nations Direct."

Then she told me there were faxbacks. I told her the $XXX did not cover faxes. that was an additionally $XX. Right away she said, no problem (meanwhile, the $XXX had to be approved...hmmmmm??) I took the closing thinking something was a little fishy and I was going to investigate further. Sure enough, I compared the phone number from my phone to here in SC and surprise, surprise, surprise, it was one and the same.

I called back and turned the closing back over to them. She asked me why and I told her I came on here and they have a 2 star rating. I apologized and told her it was just too risky.

I feel bad, but we "gotsta do, what we gotsta do!" Gotta let em go out of business.

Reply by CJ on 1/25/12 12:19am
Msg #409809

I have had to tell Global and Nations Direct to please remove me from their list.

Reply by C. Rivera Chicago Notary Services on 1/25/12 2:20am
Msg #409812

don't just hate it when they make you feel its YOUR fault

they have a bad rap on SC? Or that you'd have some nerve to investigate the SS here and/or elsewhere?

What's sort of tiring (for me anyway) are the "fake surprise reactions" some of these SS give, after you've kindly refused the closing (or they refused to pay in advance) based on the company's bad ratings listed here on SC.

Not only that, but am so tired of their taking a defensive reaction, then start arguing, as if somehow they're going to make you change your mind?

One SS called me yesterday 8:30am, asked what my fee was for a spanish speaking refi for 6pm that day. I said $XXX because these take a bit longer than normal refi's. Was finally told, "I have to get that approved, as we are not even paid that much". I then said "how do you all stay in business" and laughed at my rhetorical question. She didn't answer and hung up saying I'd have to get that approved. (yeah okay.)

Get 2nd call, 3:00pm, same company different gal. After I explained my fee, and why, she starts asking me "how far was I from the closing". I said I didn't know exactly as "you've given me only a zip code." Then she says, "well, you're ONLY 5-7 miles away?". Then I stated that my fee, this time, had nothing to do with the distance and reiterated my reason for the fee. She finally replied, knowing full well she wasn't going to get me to lower my already lowered price, that my fee is what they pay "lawyers". I laughed so hard, (APMP) to which I blurted, "holy cow, I feel so soory for the lawyers!"

Same day, after asking for prepayment due to the SS poor ratings, not only was I first congratulated for doing my "due diligence" in checking the SS out on SC. But then quoted, "empty tin cans make lots of noise" . I laughed so hard again when I read this, and thought wow, ignorance must be so bliss!

What is up with these ignorant lowballer SS lately?

Reply by Jodith/WA on 1/26/12 1:54pm
Msg #409932

Re: don't just hate it when they make you feel its YOUR fault

I've had several lately asking me to lower my fee because the site is so close to my home. My response is always that my fee is based on my average mileage within my maximum range formy normal fee, so unless that are going to start paying me more for going to the max of my range, then, no, I won't discount my fee. *rolls eyes*

Reply by CopperheadVA on 1/25/12 4:52am
Msg #409813

Tustin and Anaheim are very near each other - the SS probably moved to a new apartment and set up shop.

Reply by MW/VA on 1/25/12 8:50am
Msg #409821

That's why SC is so great--it helps us to avoid the

low-pay, slow-pay, & no-pay scum. Isn't it great to be on that inside track with a co's. rep BEFORE you get burned by them. :-)

Reply by dutchcloser on 1/25/12 10:55am
Msg #409828

Re: That's why SC is so great--it helps us to avoid the

They have been calling me non stop the last couple of weeks. I don't answer their call at all! They almost got me last week when they called from an unknown number and I asked the name of the company when she told me I said no thank you.

Reply by PegiT_MN on 1/25/12 12:02pm
Msg #409833

I Love Notary Rotary . n/m

Reply by C. Rivera Chicago Notary Services on 1/25/12 1:00pm
Msg #409838

would be EVEN GREATER if NSA's remembered to rate these

companies, or add new ones, after each and every closing!

Reply by Yowheelz on 1/26/12 9:26am
Msg #409909

I havn't had a problem with Global meeting my fee

and I have been paid in a timely manner. Didn't know they were associated with Nations Direct who never meets my fee. Odd couple.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.