Notary Rotary
Having trouble with my mouse. The arrow jumps all over the
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to January, 2012 Index

Posted by Linda Juenger on 1/6/12 8:41pm
Msg #408410

place. It is a wireless mouse. It works fine on another computer and a different wireless mouse does the same thing on mine which tells me it is not the mouse. It has to be something in the computer. I haven't changed any settings etc. How can I fix this? Its driving me crazy jumping all over the place. Even using the pad on the laptop does the same thing. Thanks

Reply by JulieD/KS on 1/6/12 9:00pm
Msg #408411

Is it possible that something is resting on the keyboard? When I have issues like that, I usually find that something is partly sitting on my keyboard and pushing down on the keys.

Reply by Linda Juenger on 1/6/12 9:10pm
Msg #408414

Nope Julie, nothing on keyboard that I can see. I even blew

it out with a can of that spray cleaner stuff.

Reply by JanetK_CA on 1/6/12 10:23pm
Msg #408419

Try restarting your pc. Had that happen to me - it worked. n/m

Reply by Lee/AR on 1/6/12 10:24pm
Msg #408420

Ditto Janet n/m

Reply by Jessica Ward on 1/7/12 12:09am
Msg #408426

Batteries? Clean optical sensor?

I used one for a few years, and about every 18 months it required new batteries. Also, you might try cleaning the optical sensor on the bottom of the mouse.

Finally, try cleaning the USB connection, shut down the computer, unplug, clean the plug, re-plug and reboot.

In my experience, the most common hassles I had with the optical mouse was either A: something stuck in or under the keyboard, or B: bad batteries in the mouse or C: Lint on the optical sensor.

Good luck!

Reply by Linda Juenger on 1/7/12 8:21am
Msg #408428

Shut down, cleaned everything and its working much better

this morning. Thanks everyone.

Reply by Frank/NC on 1/7/12 9:29am
Msg #408429

There is also a setting somewhere on the computer where you can set the movement and speed of the mouse as well as a couple of other adjustments. If you go into the "start" box in the lower left corner and the type in mouse, there will be a setting that comes up that you can click on and then adjust various movements for the mouse.

Reply by Eileen McRorey on 1/7/12 11:38am
Msg #408438

I had that happen once.... but only on even numbered days. Turned out I had a virus that caused this phenomenon. Had to change the date on the computer on even numbered days until I could get rid of the virus. Very strange!!!

Reply by BrotherOwner on 1/7/12 2:55pm
Msg #408441

Eileen beat me to it. I have heard of a virus that can cause the jumping problem. Run your scans. Or, if it was just a battery/cleaning issue, maybe it was just a cold, and not a virus!

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.