Notary Rotary
I got "the call" from Fed Ex this past Monday
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to January, 2012 Index

Posted by Eva75Eva on 1/18/12 10:13am
Msg #409321

Couldn't even enjoy a mini vacation away for the MLK holiday!

I was driving at the time the call came in and didn't recognize the number so I let it go to voicemail. Later on I listened to the message, which was nearly a five minute spout from a woman with a firm tone of voice sounding as if she were the police or the FBI. She practically was demanding to know what I was doing with their supplies (yeah the envelopes I have been ordering from them for over 2 years without incident) and that I had exceeded the quota allowed for a 90 day period. First of all I always order the minimum amount and the lowest you can order is 50. I'd actually prefer to order less-like UPS in batches of 25.

She threatened to close out my account and gave me only 3 hours to respond, explaining that I had only generated eight shipments and she needed to account for all the envelopes that I was ordering. I have never had this problem before. I even read Message 381976 and it appears as though this rarely happens. Despite her threats my account has not been closed yet but in the future I will only use it to generate labels for title/signing companies and will resort to picking up my monthly supply of envelopes at my local fedex store where they know me and won't freak out about it. Has anyone else had this experience or am I the lucky one this year?

Reply by Alz on 1/18/12 10:22am
Msg #409323

Sounds like you ar the lucky one this year. I order a case

of sturdy paks a couple of months ago or so without incident. In fact, during the order process I received a message stating I would receive an email or phone call prior to the shipment because of the size; however, no one contacted me.

Reply by CopperheadVA on 1/18/12 10:39am
Msg #409330

Yes I get a call every time I order supplies and I received a call on Tuesday asking about my pending order of legal envelopes and pouches. I explained why I need the supplies and they said OK no problem, they will note it on my account. They are always pleasant when they call - that's too bad they were so rude with you. No need for that.

Reply by Buddy Young on 1/18/12 11:22pm
Msg #409426

I never have to deal with them.

There is a drop off store here in town called Overland Express. They have mail boxes, drop off for Fed Ex and UPS.

The lady there gives me all the supplies I need. Lucky me. I even asked one time if they charged her for them I would reemburse her. She said they don't charge her so I get everything I need for free.

Reply by Yowheelz on 1/23/12 2:45pm
Msg #409677

They only let me get 50 at a time, HUB doesn't have legals

The minimum you can order on the internet is 50 yet I keep geting a message that is more than I am authorized to get. Then I get a call from FedEx wanting to know what account numbers I am using. I told the guy he could come go through my files and pull numbers but I was not going to do it for him as each package is a different number. I tried to pick them up at the Hub but they don't keep Legal size in stock, go figure. Local pack and ship isn't very agreeable to order for me even though I used to own the store.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.