Notary Rotary
If you have a Website these questions are for you
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to January, 2012 Index

Posted by MonicaFL on 1/24/12 9:06pm
Msg #409778

I am in the process of putting together a website. I took the liberty of looking at several of them here just to get a starting point. I see some of you have links to "advertisements" on them, do you get paid for that? And if so, how do you get paid? How did you go about getting or letting them link to your website? By the way, all of your websites were very impressive. Think I am going to have to do some really creative thinking. Thank goodness my sister, who is setting it up for me, and has a very creative mind. Thanks for any info you may provide.

Reply by FlaNotary2 on 1/24/12 9:22pm
Msg #409782

I have been asked by advertising firms if they could put

ads on my website... I told them get lost. I don't want my website's layout tarnished with some tacky ad.

Reply by CopperheadVA on 1/25/12 4:56am
Msg #409814

I agree - I don't have or want any ads on my website n/m

Reply by Shelly_FL on 1/25/12 6:58am
Msg #409819

Ditto, there goes the integrity of the site! n/m

Reply by C. Rivera Chicago Notary Services on 1/25/12 10:08am
Msg #409825

I get paid by Google for the ads on my websites...

You have to sign up with Google, and that's a whole other ball of wax for the newbie to google and its analytics...I'm still learning, 4 years later!

But its nice to a get check every now and again for the ads I choose to have on my sites.

I use Yahoo web hosting, where I have total control over the creation of my websites. The only site where I use the host is Webs.com. They have FREE websites, but you will see their xxxx.webs.com after your domain name.

Good luck!

Reply by Jessica Ward on 1/25/12 2:34pm
Msg #409855

A bit more on ads

I operate a variety of web sites for a variety of purposes. Some I carry ads, some, I do not, but I have VERY high standards and must approve all artwork, etc. I use Google and Commission Junction. I never use adsense because I can't control the content of the ad. (I really don't want one of those annoying "belly fat" ads running on my site, ya know?

Perhaps my favorite, and the easiest ads to use is Amazon. You can find items and list those exact items that your readers are already likely to be buying (legal paper, toner cartridges?) and then you get a commission off of purchases, even if it isn't the Amazon item you listed.

For instance, someone clicked through and read a book review on one of my pages, but the next week they did their Christmas shopping--the cookie was still in their browser, so I got $54 commission off of the toys they bought for grandkids for Christmas. (COOL!)

Reply by MonicaFL on 1/25/12 8:52pm
Msg #409883

Thanks. You guys are the greatest. Now I just have to figure all of this out.

Reply by Jodith/WA on 1/26/12 2:14pm
Msg #409935

If you are looking to monetize a website, I highly recommend problogger.net. While the content is specifically targeted toward bloggers, the information there is useful in monetizing any kind of website. I'm fairly knowledgeable about the topic, if you want to pm me with specific questions.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.