Notary Rotary
Social media...its the BEST way of getting OUR message out
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to January, 2012 Index

Posted by C. Rivera Chicago Notary Services on 1/17/12 1:37pm
Msg #409255

...to lenders, title/escrow agencies/companies, signing services and the like that hire nsa's, that we will NOT stand for LOW BALL FEES anymore, we deserve respect and better pay for the vital services we provide!

NSA'S, GET PAID WHAT YOU'RE WORTH! And if it IS on $45 bucks a closing, well.......STOP READING THIS POST AND GET BACK TO THE SALT MINES U FOOLISH SLAVE!

NSA's provide a service like no other, and should get paid what WE ask for, not what THEY want to pay us?!

"FAIR PAY ALL THE WAY"...that covers our expenses in doig this job, like gas, paper, etc., and for the time it takes in preparing for each and every closing including the occasional "closing from hell" - signing/notarizing docs on dirty (or no) tables, in the rain/snow, car, on cement stoops, in the dark but thanking the good Lord for a clean window with bright street lamps, with at times, very rude, pissed off at the world, or with loan officer or lender so BO will take it out on the nsa, in eye tearing (damn I need a f**king gas mask) smelly disgustingly dirty homes, with 1001 disobedient dogs/cats, and their creepy crawling buddies, critters lingering on tables, and/or dropping out of no where, landing in our coffee, hair, clothes, closing docs, and for the absolute risk we take, at times,driving through, very unsafe neighborhoods!

If I left out some stuff...just add with a post! Wink

Our hiring entities NEED TO BE REMINDED, that NSA's are INSTRUMENTAL if not CRUCIAL in getting THEIR CLIENTS TRANSACTIONS signed, sealed and delivered!

Post the above on your FB, TW, WPress and any other social media you're a member of - LET THEM HEAR US NOW and until NSA's GET PAID WHAT WE ARE WORTH!

Reply by Lee/AR on 1/17/12 1:48pm
Msg #409256

Excellent point! There are a whole lot more people who tweet, like, link and whatever on the social sites than notaries who are on NR (or any other notary site, for that matter). Getting the word out on those sites just could be the educational vehicle we need to keep this a viable profession.

I'm sure that every one of us on NR knows--or knows about--at least one clueless person who is accepting whatever is offered because they don't know any better. Maybe reading about it in a neutral, social site would work. It certainly can't hurt!

Reply by ikando on 1/17/12 2:24pm
Msg #409259

I agree that's a good point. After all, we're preaching to the choir on this and other notary sites.

If we each made regular comments on our social sites, maybe the people who hire us will understand the potential hazards of our profession. I know that realtors are posting more about issues when showing homes. We have as much, if not more, potential dangers in the encounters we have with signers.

One comment made to me by a realtor friend was that I should be sure to have a safe word to use when I call my husband should I encounter a situation that makes me afraid. I had not thought of that before.

Reply by Karla/OR on 1/17/12 3:51pm
Msg #409266

Great safety tip! I have a signing tonight and will establish the "safe word" with

my husband from here on out. THANKS!

Reply by BrotherOwner on 1/17/12 4:13pm
Msg #409273

Re: safety tip

and someone should ALWAYS know your schedule and your appointment locations!

Reply by pleasantonCA on 1/17/12 6:36pm
Msg #409286

I have a phrase or set of words to let my hubby know there is a problem. Never had to use it, but love that we just have it. Even let my daughter know one day as she headed to a friend's house while I was going to a signing.

Reply by Marian_in_CA on 1/17/12 8:50pm
Msg #409293

One thing that I do it that I turn the GPS tracking on on my phone via Google Latitude. Although there are other programs that do this, too... it works with my Android and it's free. My husband can find where I am (or where my phone is) real-time.

Reply by C. Rivera Chicago Notary Services on 1/18/12 7:43am
Msg #409306

Thanks Lee! I did post this on FB...results! n/m

Reply by Claudine Osborne on 1/18/12 8:35am
Msg #409311

Re: Thanks Lee! I did post this on FB...results!

Other orginizations have used the socila media sites to get messages across why not us??

Reply by Jodie Dillow on 1/18/12 9:38am
Msg #409315

Thanks for the post! They don't know the half of what we go

through sometimes to get these loans closed.

My biggest pet peeve lately is the amount of mistakes that are on the loan docs:

(incorrect loan amounts, names vested wrong on title, taxes being collected when borrower waived escrow, revised TIL sent over but really it's a duplicate of the old one, address is wrong, PUD rider is wrong, etc. etc.)

This can bring a closing to a grinding halt which is especially aggravating after all the work you put into printing and prepping the docs.

I also dislike being misled as to what an assignment is really about.

One loan that turned out to be 2 loans. (and how dare you ask a full fee for the 2nd loan!)
or
The scheduler will tell you it's a simple warranty deed with just one notarization, "you'll be in and out in just 5 minutes" and then when I get the docs it's an entire seller's package! I understand they don't always know what the assignment entails so I've learned to ask specific questions before accepting. We really gotta watch our backs out there!

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.