Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
The last 10 pages of the docs did not print well.
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to January, 2012 Index

Posted by Gloria Delfin on 1/27/12 12:52pm
Msg #410043

I did a last minute signing last nite docs were late and my appointment was in 45 minutes, printed docs ran out the door, then we get to the last 10 pages and some of the wording is blurred I ask if it was ok for me to go to the nearest Kinko or copy place to get those docs printed he said no will just sign if they have a problem they can have me sign them again ,I called the signing company but no one available, just fax back docs and fed ex this morning, has anyone ran into this problem before, I know next time I will check every page before I leave even if I am running late, I also email the signing company to explain but have not heard anything yet.

Reply by HisHughness on 1/27/12 1:05pm
Msg #410046

Looks like you're still running, Gloria. Take a deep breath, hold it, let it out slowly, find one of those commas in your 146-word seven-comma post, delete the comma, then replace it with a period. Now just pick two other commas at random and do the same thing.

Sometimes, a period can be a welcome relief.

Reply by ReneeK_MI on 1/27/12 6:50pm
Msg #410088

Hugh ... seriously, you're so bad! lol n/m

Reply by NJDiva on 1/27/12 7:24pm
Msg #410100

OMG! You are toooo funny Hugh! I sit here and LOL... n/m

Reply by Buddy Young on 1/27/12 8:32pm
Msg #410109

Re: OMG! You are toooo funny Hugh! I sit here and LOL...

Leave it up to Hugh to realize that it was all one sentence.

Reply by Gloria Delfin on 1/27/12 7:30pm
Msg #410101

I am sorry, I dont write as well as others, with their commas and periods and all the great grammar like some of the notaries here. I just want to get some advise from the ones who have been doing this for a while but it seems like not a good place to post much in here without being criticized.

Reply by NJDiva on 1/27/12 8:32pm
Msg #410108

Gloria, I'm sorry. I was certainly NOT participating in any

type of unkindness. I hope that my response did not imply that. I was merely laughing at Hugh's, play on words. Quite honestly, I thought he was just teasing you. Many times people post here and their responses can be quite biting. I understand how it would be hurtful and offensive.

To tell ya the truth, I didn't see anything THAT bad in what you posted. It appeared to me as though you were probably in a hurry and just wanted to get it all out.

Please don't take it personally and please continue to post here. We all need each other. I appreciate your participation.

Reply by Buddy Young on 1/27/12 8:36pm
Msg #410114

Re: Gloria, I'm sorry. I was certainly NOT participating in any

Sometimes posts not done correctly will test your mettle.

Reply by NJDiva on 1/27/12 8:40pm
Msg #410117

Oh come on! None of us are grammatically correct ALL

the time! Geesh. lol...esssscept when we have time to actually read, and re-read our posts every time we do one. (pssst, which I really do try to do...lol)

Reply by Buddy Young on 1/27/12 8:34pm
Msg #410112

About 1/2 was through printing docs. once, my printer started printing some foreign language. I think it was Russan. I had to reprint.

Reply by HisHughness on 1/27/12 10:08pm
Msg #410128

Gloria, I should be a better writer than you. I was a professional wordsmith most of my life, and my master's degree work was in journalism and literature. If I am not at least competent, many people have wasted lots of money on me over the years.

But that in no way gives me the right to ridicule you. I'm sorry if you felt that I did, because you don't deserve that. Better you should post your experiences here, grammatical errors and all, than stay silent because you are fearful Hugh Nations will make fun of you.

I actually thought your run-on sentence pretty well captured your frustration and mood, inadvertent though it might have been. I thought I used it in that sense, as a lead-in to a wordplay. If it didn't sit that way with you, I'm sorry.

Having said all that, Gloria, you should recognize that language is a tool that you use every day. It can create opportunities for you, and it can shut down opportunities for you. You would not use a hammer every day of your life by trying to drive nails with the handle. So too with language. As much as you use it, as critical as it is so many many personal and professional functions, you should be attuned to recommendations on how to use it better. And you should <always> be attuned to suggestions on how you have used it incorrectly. Would you continue to use your printer every day if it continued to foul the last 10 pages of every document package?

That does not mean that you should be either obsessively concerned with correct language, or excessively defensive about any slipups. What it does mean is that you should feel perfectly at ease in posting whatever you wish here; and, if if helps, to terminate each post with: "There, take that and stick it up your language-obssessed butt, Hugh Nations."

Reply by CopperheadVA on 1/27/12 1:05pm
Msg #410047

Just yesterday I had a package where one document in the middle just printed out with several signature lines in the middle. I figured it was sent to me that way, but I checked it on the computer and there was indeed a full document there. I re-printed that one page and it came out fine. When I printed the borrower copy, the same thing happened again with that one document!!!

I can't explain it. It's never happened before. That's why it's crucial for docs to come in to us with enough time for us to print and check the package before leaving for the appointment.

For me, I always stack the package in my signing order and prefill my notary certificates so all I have to do at the table is sign and stamp. This serves a couple of purposes - it allows me to check the package for misprints, cut-off docs, missing critical docs, etc, and also speeds up notarizing time at the table. But last minute docs certainly make that more difficult. Even if late docs make me late to the appointment, I will still take the time to stack and check the docs before leaving because I find that when I don't, the signing does not go as smoothly.

Reply by GOLDGIRL/CA on 1/27/12 1:11pm
Msg #410049

Well, Gloria, first of all, if docs were late, your first call is to the borrowers to say the appt time will be delayed. Why are you stressing over something that IS NOT YOUR FAULT? Because you decided to take the hit over late docs instead of spreading the misery around, you ran out the door with a mess in your hands.

Speaking of the mess in your hands, are you sure the last 10 messed-up pages were your printer's fault? Did you check the PDF and see if that's how they sent them to you? It seems unlikely that the last 10 pages of their copy were also messed up; that would be too much of a coincidence ....? (Assuming you tried to use their copy for the re-sign).

Anyway, remember, you were not "running late." You were on time, but the docs weren't, requiring you to reset the appt. time.

The main point here is, tho, were you able to pinpoint the problem with the blurry docs?

Reply by Frank/NC on 1/27/12 4:12pm
Msg #410064

Too bad that it was last minute, and, docs, late, and that you ran out the door to go to kinkos to get those docs printed, and he did, say he will just, sign if they have a problem, and then there was, no one in the signing company and just fedexed the, docs this, morning but never ran, into this problem before but it is important, to check every doc so you don't run, late so you have to e-mail the signing, company but heard nothing, yet these things, happen but it's up to you to take the time, to check docs because it is very important.

Reply by Gloria Delfin on 1/27/12 5:23pm
Msg #410069

Thanks for all who responded, I am waiting for the title company to see if docs need to be signed again. I will check my docs even if I am running late. Have a great weekend everyone.

Reply by Riley/FL on 1/28/12 3:42pm
Msg #410179

LOL, Frank! I could actually read it! n/m

Reply by JulieD/KS on 1/27/12 10:39pm
Msg #410131

This is why I give a drop-dead deadline (4 hours pre-appt) for receipt of the docs. I learned my lesson with print-and-run. I need time to make sure everything printed...and that they sent all the required docs (TIL, HUD, MTG, NOTRC, Note).
I learned my lesson because one time I did as you did...the appt was at 7, docs came in at 7...I printed and ran. The critical docs were not present and I was blamed.
NEVER AGAIN. Title can bear the responsibility of getting their work out on time. If they can't, they'll have to hire someone other than me, because I just won't shoulder the risk.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.