Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Trying to cut cost is not easy ......got any suggestions?
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to January, 2012 Index

Posted by RuRu/NC on 1/31/12 1:35pm
Msg #410373

Do all of you agents still use a land line for faxing?
I am using my telephone land line for faxing only and it is a big expense. Do any of you have another method of sending faxes without using a landline?
Any help would be appreciated.

Reply by Teresa/FL on 1/31/12 1:37pm
Msg #410374

Scan/email. n/m

Reply by Jamie Quick on 1/31/12 2:38pm
Msg #410396

Efax - it is a phone number, you can get faxes directly into your email, nice thing is people can use old fashioned fax machines to fax to you, efax from you office would be a scanned in and sent.

cost effective,

Reply by PegiT_MN on 1/31/12 2:42pm
Msg #410397

I do what Teresa suggested.....scan and e mail. I bought a cheap scanner and I can throw it in a drawer when I'm not using it.

Reply by Doris_CO on 1/31/12 3:04pm
Msg #410402

I have a land line for my fax but it's only a basic line with no long distance and it's $17.00 plus tax each month. For those numbers that are long distance, I use a phone card I bought at Target. I believe it was 600 minutes for $30. I've had the phone card for about three years and still have over 200 minutes left. NotaryRotary has a free fax number for premium members that goes to your e-mail, but you can only receive faxes, not send faxes. You'll just have to do the math to determine what works best for you.

Reply by cadmonkey/CA on 2/7/12 11:44pm
Msg #411112

I use metrofax.com when I actually need to send a fax

$12.95 /mo for 1000 incoming or outgoing faxes. I just scan them into my computer as a pdf file, then upload to their website it and it takes care of the rest.

most TCs prefer scanned docs by email now so I am thinking of ditching metrofax altogether...

Reply by jba/fl on 2/8/12 8:40am
Msg #411117

Cadmonkey - you are right...

if you are already scanning, why the payment for faxing? I haven't faxed in 3 years or so. One less item's footprint on my desktop: phone. The fax was multifunction so it stays, except I actually use the scanner now and no more toner either. I have fax here but so seldom receive them these days, I probably should free up that number for Harry to reassign.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.