Notary Rotary
Very slow month with only a few lined up for
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to January, 2012 Index

Posted by snowflake/PA on 1/27/12 1:57pm
Msg #410053

next week. I market, market, etc. Turning away lowballers, nonpayers. Is it a regional area that some of you are so busy? I'm glad for you. Hoping the wave reaches me soon.

Reply by terrie/IN on 1/27/12 2:36pm
Msg #410056

best month in a couple months

This has been a very good EOM I have seen in a couple of months. I have done about 9 this week and I have 3 scheduled for Monday already. I only do closings part-time. Hope you get some in PA soon.

Reply by Kendall Challenger on 1/27/12 4:09pm
Msg #410063

Re: best month in a couple months

Hang in there snowflake, I've heard there are a lot of deals in the pipeline because of the revised HARP program, hopefully things will be picking up for you and everyone else in the next few months.

BTW, Ace Ventura pet detective is looking for you...

Reply by snowflake/PA on 1/27/12 5:32pm
Msg #410071

Thanks! I am hanging in there. LO brother said he closed 7 loans this billing cycle and has 7 for next billing cycle. He has 65 other LOs in his company. He is in Jersey. I'm in PA. Hopefully, things will pick up. He suggested that I lower my fees and "take the $80.00 closings for one hour" to get my foot in the door. I won't do it. My fees are quite reasonable. I typically drive nearly one hour per appt. I know he doesn't adjust his fees.

Reply by dutchcloser on 1/27/12 8:53pm
Msg #410122

Things just started to pick up for me. Since I had only 1 closing by the 14th didn't think I would fair to well but I've been crazy busy this last week. I have 2 tomorrow and a couple already set up for Mon and Tues. I hope Feb is better...happy EOM!!!

Reply by DD/OR on 1/27/12 5:34pm
Msg #410072

Even Title companies are low-balling. It's disgusting. I had one that cancelled. Then a Title company offered a low fee.

Reply by ML/PA on 1/27/12 5:36pm
Msg #410074

Unfortunately we are in an area where there are MANY NSA who not only accept $50-60 to do Edocs but travel quite far. I had 7 opportunities today and accepted 1, someone else grabbed those low fees. When I started doing this about 10 years ago there wasn't a lot of competition but that's not the case now.

Reply by PegiT_MN on 1/27/12 5:58pm
Msg #410078

I just had my best month ever! Fortunately I live in a very densely populated area of the Twin Cities and am able to do up to six or seven closings in a day if the business is there because most of my closings are only 6, 9, 11, 15 minutes away from my home. I typically never have to travel more than 20 minutes from my home. Unfortunately I live in an area where there is a lot of competition. I have kept my prices competitive for my area, but I will not be playing the "how low can you go game". So for now I will relish in the fact that I am actually running my own successful business and making a profit at it because you never know how long this ride will last.

Reply by snowflake/PA on 1/27/12 6:20pm
Msg #410083

Had 2 very "last minute" closings, each of which I declined. You are right, there are still folks taking the $50-$60 closings. Neither calling party could assure me of doc delivery time. One was a last minute open-signing from a co. who couldn't meet me fee. Closed once for them before, Huge package, too long to wait for money. I was beginning to think I had a third eye in the middle of my forehead because I'm just not getting as many calls as I need. Thanks!

Reply by CopperheadVA on 1/27/12 6:46pm
Msg #410086

"Last minute open signing" is code for "we don't know when the docs will be ready but we need someone who will agree to be strung along all night, maybe even to 10 or 11 PM". Been there, done that, learned my lesson, and don't accept those closings ever.

Reply by snowflake/PA on 1/27/12 6:54pm
Msg #410090

Precisely! That's why I declined. n/m

Reply by ToniK on 1/27/12 9:13pm
Msg #410126

Every month is a good month for me. But this month has been exceptional. First time I have been doing at least one signing per day. Got a little tricky when I had to BI work alongside the NSA work. But finished up the BI work so this week was free for strictly NSA work.

Reply by Luckydog on 1/28/12 6:48pm
Msg #410203

Jan. was a slow month for me, especially EOM. I am down about 5 from an average month.
Not sure what's going on in south FL, except I noticed interests rates are climbing up, and not as many bank owned going out. See what Feb. brings.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.