First one for me, loan using a TIN instead of a SS # n/m
Go Back to November, 2013 Index

Posted by Calnotary on 11/27/13 2:04pm
Msg #494282

First one for me, loan using a TIN instead of a SS # n/m

Reply by Roger_OH on 11/27/13 2:29pm
Msg #494286

Not that unusual...

Borrowers can be a business entity such as a management company, trust, or LLC, which would have a TIN.

Reply by Calnotary on 11/27/13 2:50pm
Msg #494290

Re: Not that unusual...

No Roger, you are confusing it with an EIN.

An ITIN, or Individual Taxpayer Identification Number, is a tax processing number only available for certain nonresident and resident aliens, their spouses, and dependents who cannot get a Social Security Number (SSN). It is a 9-digit number, beginning with the number "9", formatted like an SSN (NNN-NN-NNNN)

Reply by sueharke on 11/27/13 2:57pm
Msg #494291

Re: Not that unusual...

You did not day "ITIN" in your original post. You said "TiN", which is commonly used in place of the term "EIN" of "taxpayer identification number." Hence the first reply was correct based on what you wrote.

Reply by Calnotary on 11/27/13 3:21pm
Msg #494297

You are right Susan, missed one letter

and it means totally different ITIN or TIN. Day or Say, LOL. Have a great Thanksgiving day.

Reply by sueharke on 11/27/13 8:31pm
Msg #494322

Re: You are right Susan, missed one letter

When I never make a mistake or have never have a typing error, then I expect others to be perfect. I don't think either of us will be perfect and not a mistake Smile

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.