Notary Rotary
Good idea to have a working NSA on the SPW board
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to November, 2013 Index

Posted by HSH/WA on 11/14/13 11:49am
Msg #492699

This is from a post below and I think it is one of the best ideas I've seen on NR. Since this new board is going to make policy concerning us, why shouldn't we have representation? Don't know anyone who would serve so I can't support any particular individual. Maybe NR could set up a site where NSA's who were interested could make their case, we as a group could decide after reading the various cases and have an online vote. Under those criteria I can't see the SPW board refusing to sit our candidate as an elected representative from the NSA community.

Reply by Shoshana/AZ on 11/14/13 11:51am
Msg #492700

I would nominate Marian.

Reply by Sha/CA on 11/14/13 12:01pm
Msg #492704

Excellent! My hand is up for Marian or Cheryl (101Livescan). n/m

Reply by BobbiCT on 11/14/13 12:02pm
Msg #492705

NNA Ambassadors / Advocates

Not to burst anyone's bubble, but the NNA on behalf of the SPW could draw from its recently re-activiated Notary Ambassador program, which includes active NSAs, their "Notary of the Year(s)," and others. This would provide notary signing agent and other input, while using NNA-approved and veted notaries.

Reply by Sha/CA on 11/14/13 12:11pm
Msg #492708

Reading a post below, Tony Negrete has volunteered! Yeah!! n/m

Reply by Marian_in_CA on 11/14/13 12:27pm
Msg #492714

One big problem...

The only problem is that the only people who have a "VOTE" in the SPW are regular members -- and those are lenders, title companies and NNA employees. Everyone else is an associate member with no vote.

Yes, you read that right... the NNA themselves cannot vote, but individual employees who are regular members can have a vote.

Reply by HSH/WA on 11/14/13 1:06pm
Msg #492723

Re: I would rather our representative NOT

be in anyone's pocket but be a working NSA like us concerned with a number of issues including the gradual creep on any one company's influence.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.