Notary Rotary
Is there a legal action one can take to collect unpaid fees
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to November, 2013 Index

Posted by Terry Holt on 11/1/13 3:28pm
Msg #490923

I have worked for two different Notary companies HVR Mobile Notaries & National Loan Closings that have not paid my fees for notary work. Is there a a legal action one can take to aid in collecting funds.

Reply by Cali_RicM on 11/1/13 3:38pm
Msg #490927

How much do they owe you? If it is a couple hundred bucks, its not going to be worth it, more than likely. At BEST, you WIN. Then you get a judgment against them, and then have to pay someone to collect on the judgment.
If it's a lot of money, it may be worth it.
Small Claims Court is where you'd have to be unless it's a heck of a lot of money (and if it is....that's another story as to how it got be such a large amount before you said 'no').
Good luck!!

Reply by Darlin_AL on 11/1/13 7:22pm
Msg #490959

search HVR for the link to email to DA for complaint form

DA's investigators use our specific information to assist their investigation of the scam you're a victim of

Reply by afterhrsntry on 12/2/13 2:05pm
Msg #494691

I too am owed $$ by HVR.
This is embezzlement, so when you file your complaints, please emphasize that. Embezzlement: The fraudulent conversion of another's property (e.g. money) by a person who is in a position of trust, such as an agent. These signing agencies are our "agents" as they represent us in regard to the title/escrow company payment and are entrusted by us to forward the money to us that has been collected by them from the title/escrow companies on our behalf for the notary/signing services we have completed.

I am trying to find out if this embezzled money can be protected from bankruptcy claims, since it is "our" money that they have received from the title/escrow companies.

Please send complaints to: [e-mail address] They will send you the complaint forms.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.