Notary Rotary
Keep those calls & e-mails coming...FNF revised the Release
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to November, 2013 Index

Posted by Lee/AR on 11/7/13 7:21pm
Msg #491883

letter. Undoubtedly because lots of questions and refusals forced them to actually look at what they wanted signed and it's now revised. Much thanks to the notaries who questioned, pestered and said H3LL NO!

Reply by Linda Juenger on 11/7/13 7:27pm
Msg #491885

Is there a link to it?

Reply by Anne McBride on 11/7/13 9:39pm
Msg #491906

Has anyone run the release by their attorney or E&O insurance? This was brought to my attention. I called my E&O and this is what she told me. If I sign the release and something goes wrong, it used to commit a crime against me or someone else, my insurance won't cover it and they will drop me because the insurance has a clause that says I not willfully put myself in that position.

Let me put it this way, if they give your information to someone you don't know and that person uses it to create another identity with your info and steals from you or pretends to be you or .....you are on your own. You could loose everything or go to jail.

Reply by Belinda/CA on 11/8/13 12:42am
Msg #491916

Seems an odd statement from ins co -

E&O does not even cover identity theft or anything other than errors on your certificate. I think whoever you spoke with did not know what they were talking about.

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 11/7/13 7:48pm
Msg #491890

I got a letter from a company today - my first one

asking for my NNA cert and to sign the release

Told them if I'm in their database they already have the certificate; they can go to NNA and get it themselves; and I'm not signing the release.

Sent and deleted

Reply by Laurie Manzanares on 11/7/13 8:57pm
Msg #491901

Re: Do forget

Friendly reminder: Let's not forget the same should/must apply to the possible required "Training" courses that they may want to enact . A lot has been said and done here for the BGC's to not limit our vendor select. Let's make sure these companies don't slip in a required training course solely offered from xyz also. Which was mentioned in their Standards.

Wanted to say how wonderful Notary Rotary is for allowing us to freely communicate about all sorts of issues. What a gift!

Reply by garland/CA on 11/7/13 9:36pm
Msg #491905

Hope it's a second revision.

I've seen one revised form and it is still not far reaching and includes access to all certificates, reports, SSN, etc.

So, hope you are talking about another revision....

Reply by garland/CA on 11/7/13 9:39pm
Msg #491907

Meant to say: It IS still far reaching into our privacy n/m

Reply by MAC/WA on 11/7/13 9:42pm
Msg #491909

Good, now let's see the revised one

I was bugged (daily) to sign the FNF form. I heavily amended a copy, signed it then sent it to the signing company yesterday. The SS told me they didn't care if it was amended, cuz they don't send it to FNF.

I'd like to see a copy if you have one. Thanks.

Reply by Lee/AR on 11/7/13 11:33pm
Msg #491915

The above posts are why we must keep the calls & e-mails

coming. It seems reasonable to me to assume that this has to be a violation of our privacy....because they NEED THE RELEASE.

Reply by notarydi/CA on 11/8/13 2:18am
Msg #491920

got the release form

for the first time today. Not sure if it is "revised" or not. I was advised by counsel not to sign it. Pretty much I leave myself wide open for identity theft and who knows what else by signing such a blanket authorization. My interpretation is that it is basically a power of attorney to them to release my personal information to anyone that requests it. Not happening. No protection for me as a notary/individual. So, that said, I have bounced the ball back in their court and said, "Sorry, I can't sign this on the advice of counsel.". Moving on to expending positive energy on new business and established clients that want signings done accurately, professionally, pay in a timely manner, and pay me well. Smile

Reply by MW/VA on 11/8/13 8:27am
Msg #491939

That's the way I've interpreted it, too, & I'm not signing

that under any circumstances.

Reply by CarolF/NC on 11/8/13 2:59am
Msg #491921

Thanks. People are emailing them to their state

consumer protection agencies and the CFPB. We are consumers and our rights to protection of privileged, sensitive information are being violated.

Reply by MW/VA on 11/8/13 8:53am
Msg #491943

I don't get that interpretation. How are your rights being

violated if you give them away? Too many are surrendering to this whole concept.

Reply by JanelWI on 11/8/13 9:46am
Msg #491951

If this is all in an effort to ensure we are not criminals

performing signings and to protect borrower client interests; how in the world are we, who do the jobs, afforded no consideration, and no support for the very same concerns as direct lending consumers?

They go through all this to comply with the law and consumer protection, give us a fancy new designation and they totally throw the people that do the job under the bus to just get it done? Does that even make sense? Really, in all their SPW meetings, all those brain pans stuck together in one room came up with this and could not see this giant black hole as an issue for those of us doing the jobs? Really?

My mother always told me I had a nasty habit of looking for common sense where it does not exist. The result is always that I either get in trouble, or entirely fed up and frustrated.

I think she may have been right....rest her soul!

Reply by MW/VA on 11/8/13 10:32am
Msg #491957

I'm actually seeing this as a predatory action initiated by

NNA. The business is down right now, so they're closing it to create ways to increase their income. They've even created a new title for us--hahahaha!

Reply by jojo_MN on 11/8/13 12:48pm
Msg #491966

I am seriously starting to wonder if there really was

a committee. When I contacted the President and Vice President of the SPW Group (both employees of the NNA), they refuse to give me the names of the individual members in the group. They just sent me an email telling me to go to the website and click on the members link which just lists a bunch of lenders and title companies (which I had ready many times previously).

Reply by Notary On The Go on 11/8/13 1:19pm
Msg #491974

That was insightful. Someone should get to the top

dogs at those major companies listed on that list. That's where we need to be sending emails in protest as well. Why wouldn't NNA release the members of the SPW.

Reply by jojo_MN on 11/8/13 1:30pm
Msg #491976

Re: That was insightful. Someone should get to the top

That is a lot of my issue. The NNA claims in all of their "news releases" and on the SPW website that the lenders and title companies have come to them (NNA) to consult with them on the SPW Group; however, the President and Vice President of the group are employees of NNA. Since when are consultants on the committee, much less President and VP? Also, NNA owns the website. Maybe I might be wrong, but why all the secrecy if I'm not?

Reply by MW/VA on 11/8/13 7:20pm
Msg #492015

I think you're finally catching on. They play the

"shell game". Yes, I'm sure they're behind all of this & I'm not buying it. Unfortunately, I'm sure it's working for them & many notaries have panicked & jumped on board.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.