Notary Rotary
Note to NSAs, Valuamerica/BofA hired Amanda Kirkish ANS etal
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to November, 2013 Index

Posted by 101livescan on 11/6/13 8:06am
Msg #491514

and her partner, Darcy Mendoza, BOSOM buddies behind the scenes as their signing service for hundreds of thousands of HARP loans. Thousands of borrowers' private and confidential information was compromised by allowing an individual with a history of ID fraud and forgery to act as the middleman overseeing the signing of these loans.

Now I see that Bank of America and Valuamerica have joined the SPW in their crusade to vet notaries public, but I don't see a plan for vetting Signing Services. And actually, these companies can join if they post an annual $1000 membership fee. But a huge group of notaries are owed $10s of thousand$ by ANS and there is no way to pay because they are fresh out of dough.

Does this mean that Amanda, Jason, Darcy and Fernando can become signing services yet again and hire CSS's whom they have no plan to ever pay for their services?

Wow. Been in this business for decades, and I'm completely, utterly speechless! at this turn of events.

Reply by CarolF/NC on 11/6/13 8:19am
Msg #491516

Cheryl, You post all of this information, but are you

actually talking to the appropriate agencies that can affect change in this arena? Wasn't it VA who said previously that they had no knowledge that her company was not paying notaries and claimed innocence in all of this. As you say, here they are trying to regulate notaries. We are not the ones committing fraud and asking notaries to do illegal tasks regarding loan signings. I, like you, am speechless.

Reply by 101livescan on 11/6/13 9:32am
Msg #491528

Re: Cheryl, You post all of this information, but are you

Every state's notaries/signing agents need to organize, formulate and execute a well planned, non radical, sensible, focused response to the CFBP, they are the ones who set out the compliance standards for the lending industry, now we need to help them understand our plight.

It can't come from a level of discontent, yelling, screaming, ranting and raving. I hope every state will organize and strategize and somehow come together on a non-emotional, reactionary level, but rather earn the attention of the powers that be. There are many areas of concern, they all need to be addressed.

Focus, organize, strategize. Make this agency want to listen and hear our voices.

We can't be shooting of aimlessly, but formulate a means of accomplishing a common goal. This challenge is a test of our ability to make a strong statement and conduit for change.

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 11/6/13 8:22am
Msg #491517

Has it occurred to anyone - that maybe the reason these

companies are not including any provision for vetting the signing services - is because the NNA will be their SS? The NNA, who in their eyes and mind is already vetted, is above reproach, and is the goto authority on all things notary.

Perhaps this is the beginning of the end of independent SS's and an attempt to eliminate the thieves and fraudsters.

JMO

Reply by MikeC/TX on 11/6/13 5:21pm
Msg #491635

Re: Has it occurred to anyone - that maybe the reason these

"Perhaps this is the beginning of the end of independent SS's and an attempt to eliminate the thieves and fraudsters."

I don't think the NNA is that altruistic. That might be the end result, but I doubt that it's their goal.

Reply by CinOH on 11/6/13 9:04am
Msg #491519

Have you thought of trying to get the media involved in this story? It would be great if this story could make it to the national news. Investigative journalists, consumer watch dog groups, banking watch dog groups, and groups dedicated to fighting identity theft would have a field day with this. Not to mention the politicians. This BofA connection is the icing on the cake. BofA has just been sued for consumer fraud and abuse (and more trouble is coming for them) and now they're hiring a band of criminals to handle HARP loans for already troubled home owners? That is just unreal.

If this information lands in the right hands these three will be thoroughly investigated. There's no telling what else (that is not on the Internet) they've had their sticky fingers in.

Right now we're the only ones who know about this case thanks to you and others who've done the leg work on it. This information needs to be broadcast much louder and much higher.

Reply by Notary On The Go on 11/6/13 9:22am
Msg #491522

CinOH, This is so on point

I've tried turning some of these people into my local agencies and it's the Borrower who needs to be aware of this information and file the complaint. This would educate them.

Reply by 101livescan on 11/6/13 9:24am
Msg #491524

You mean, like 60 minutes, or the 6 o'clock news? Yep, working on it....lots of notaries out there with beefs against the Kirkish/Mendoza thieves fronting themselves as ANS, and scalping notaries across the US. Mendoza herself is a notary and good friends with Title 365 and DocPros owners. Wonder if she's ever been victimized by SSs. The plot thickens, stay tuned.

Sad but true, this is just the touch of the ice berg, there are tons of deadbeat SS owners out there.

Lots of cash flying around out there, and many notaries get stiffed, never paid. I've been informed that some notaries worked for $1000s and were never paid. Just happy to get getting orders, filling them, and shocked beyond belief when they didn't receive payment, phones disconnected, mobile voice mail boxes full, website taken down, no response to what happened to my signing fees?

The Hall of SS Shame is growing day by day!

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.