Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Please everyone send the CFPB gripes in emails to them..
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to November, 2013 Index

Posted by Darlin_AL on 11/6/13 10:51am
Msg #491561

then post them here. If you just post here I don't think they'll get the gist of the discrepancies in the proposed regs being formulated, AND our numbers are powerful. There's 2 dudes listed as emails on the same page as the list of stuff.....we wish the hiring parties would adhere to!!

Reply by Notary On The Go on 11/6/13 11:01am
Msg #491563

I have no idea what you just said and people need hand

holding. If you have not already, Post your complete email here so they can just copy, edit and send. just a suggestion.

Reply by FGX/NJ on 11/6/13 11:02am
Msg #491564

I think the CFPB is only interested in issues that relate to consumer protection

Reply by Darlin_AL on 11/6/13 11:06am
Msg #491568

Sorry, i'll go back & find the previously posted link..geeez n/m

Reply by Christine/OK on 11/6/13 1:01pm
Msg #491592

Agreed, Jim, but with the far-reaching, broad Authorization

Release from FNF, we are consumers in need of protection. Big Smile

Reply by MikeC/TX on 11/6/13 4:45pm
Msg #491622

This IS an issue that relates to consumers - the CFPB has oversight of the mortgage industry. As far as I know, they have not yet weighed in on this.

Reply by Darlin_AL on 11/6/13 11:10am
Msg #491569

SigningProfessionalsWorkgroup.org

look at "Script" on left hand column. There you will find where I've been emailing these past several days. Mea Culpa Mea Culpa Mea Maxima Culpa

Reply by Darlin_AL on 11/6/13 11:12am
Msg #491570

OK, just click at top "Contact Us" n/m

Reply by jojo_MN on 11/6/13 12:52pm
Msg #491591

JUST A SUGGESTION

Does anyone have a list of the representatives from all of the title companies and lenders in the group. Being that two of the officers are employees of the NNA, I would assume that the others will not get the emails, etc. In my opinion, the others should be the target members to contact, along with the Chairperson.

As all of us know by now, the NNA is behind this whole issue. I would be willing to bet that all of the lenders and title companies are getting a very slanted proposal etc from the NNA, not the real facts as seen by notaries. Maybe if they were all given opportunities that were not just a money-maker for the NNA, they might find other ways (such as my suggestion to have all notaries in the country BGCd by each of the states and listed on their websites), and suggestions laid out by Carol, maybe they would be willing to listen to the issues we have.

Reply by Christine/OK on 11/6/13 1:07pm
Msg #491593

Send to SPW? Will that be successful as it goes to Kat at

XYZ?

You can choose to go straight to the source of the Directive - federal CFPB (Consumer Financial Protection Bureau) directive (2012-03/PUBLIC LAW 111–203—JULY 21, 2010) - that is being implemented [and that SPW advances its being developed in response to]:

CFPB
Wendy Kamenshine, CFPB ombudsman
[e-mail address]

Verbatim from the CFPB directive, this is what the lenders are being directed to perform:

"· Conducting thorough due diligence to verify that the service provider understands and is capable of complying with Federal consumer financial law;

· Requesting and reviewing the service provider’s policies, procedures, internal controls, and training materials to ensure that the service provider conducts appropriate training and oversight of employees or agents that have consumer contact or compliance responsibilities;

· Including in the contract with the service provider clear expectations about compliance, as well as appropriate and enforceable consequences for violating any compliance-related responsibilities, including engaging in unfair, deceptive, or abusive acts or practices;

· Establishing internal controls and on-going monitoring to determine whether the service provider is complying with Federal consumer financial law; and

· Taking prompt action to address fully any problems identified through the monitoring process, including terminating the relationship where appropriate."

Reply by FGX/NJ on 11/6/13 1:22pm
Msg #491595

Re: Send to SPW? Will that be successful as it goes to Kat at

Christine
Agree 100%

Reply by JanetK_CA on 11/6/13 11:57pm
Msg #491698

One of the more sensible posts I've read on this issue... n/m

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.