Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
The Signing Agent just offered $75 for tonight.
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to November, 2013 Index

Posted by Belinda/CA on 11/20/13 6:26pm
Msg #493467

They are a 4.5 star company. Wow. They used to pay $1XX. This was printing docs too.

Someone else called today with a whopping $60 offer and thought they were being generous.

Take note those of you giving your work away: I am on target to exceed my financial goals without compromising. God is good.

Reply by NVLSlady/VA on 11/20/13 7:14pm
Msg #493473

So far off target this year, it isn't funny! That's ok. I've said no to low fees and late payers - and saved myself some grief. Just tonight I had to send the following email: Important (Please Read): Due to credit concerns, NVLS will require payment in advance to perform the signing on Friday, Nov. 22. We apologize for any inconvenience caused, but our company is unable to extend credit to any new vendor at this time.

Yes, I know . . . should have checked SC first! I can be "slow dumb" without being "all dumb."

I am just so NOT in the mood for being a doormat! (took too long for the doors to open)

Reply by NVLSlady/VA on 11/20/13 7:15pm
Msg #493474

to clarify: my email not to The Signing Agent n/m

Reply by 1AZNotary on 11/20/13 7:46pm
Msg #493484

As an employee of The Signing Agents, yes we offer $75 for Sellers Packet especially when docs are 34 pages...we pay $110 for Refi's and Purchase packets and these fees have been our standard payments for a while...if you can send me one of our confirmation of a signing where we paid you $100 for a Sellers packet without there being travel fees or multiple signers tied to the signing, i will gladly contract you for a $100 on all of our signings.

No individual or company is asking you to be a door mat, we certainly advocate for and take care of all notaries within our network and if you feel you've outgrown our network then certainly you can remove yourself from our agent database...we are happy you are doing well and that God has blessed and favored you, there are others who will step in and gain such favor over time as well. Stay blessed!
TSA Management

Reply by Jack/AL on 11/20/13 7:49pm
Msg #493485

Here, here! Well said and without a psssssng contest....... n/m

Reply by jba/fl on 11/20/13 9:07pm
Msg #493489

Yes, indeed, well spoken.

I still think it is low, but that is my opinion, which doesn't matter much to anyone except myself.

Reply by jkb/AZ on 11/20/13 10:48pm
Msg #493501

I have been doing signings for The Signing Agents for some years now, and have never had a problem with either the amount I've been paid or the promptness of payment. Unlike a lot of others, they always tell you what kind of signing it is and more than once THEY have given me a higher rate when a signing turned out to be more than any of us bargained for. (Like one recent signing with two signers in their 80's in a poorly-lit home where painters had loaded up every table, and we had to tear down a cardboard box to use as a table top by placing it on a footrest. The gentleman had also hurt his wrist that day and had to keep stopping to wait for the pain to subside. It took over two hours, and The Signing Agents volunteered to pay me more -- just because it was fair). It's painful to me to see some NSA's taking potshots at The Signing Agents, because they're not at all like the companies run by jerks. Absolutely everyone I've ever dealt with at their office has been not only professional, but experienced and polite. 'Nuff said.

Reply by Wade Kong on 11/20/13 9:44pm
Msg #493494

I have been working with The Signing Agent for awhile. I always love working with them because they NEVER cheat me. They tell the agents ahead how many pages will require to be signed. In my opinion, $75.00 is very good offer for sellers signing. In Bay Area, lots companies offer $35.00 to $50.00 for sellers and $50 to 75 for buyers and refinance. I have closed many sellers signings for they Signing Agent and I never worry and question they pay me because they treat the agents very fairly. Their payments are really quick and if somehow the payment was late, the owner, Michelle Williams called and explained why the payment was late.

Personally, I did close sellers signings for some companies and yes they paid very high, but at the end, I didn't collect the payments. It is your choice $75.00 guarantee to have payment or $100 or higher, but at the end never receive the payment.

Once again, The Signing Agent pays very fairly. Love working with them.

Reply by Amigoaz on 11/20/13 10:24pm
Msg #493497

The Signing Agents has been one of my favorites. They meet my fees and pay within my expectations. If there are questions at the table I've been able to reach someone. I'll take all you can send my way!

Reply by Anne/ca on 11/20/13 10:42pm
Msg #493500

They pay fairly and on time. The only issue for me is they have a lot of last minute signings which is difficult for me with a family. Never need to worry about payment.

Reply by NS35/CA on 11/21/13 1:54am
Msg #493507

"In Bay Area, lots companies offer $35.00 to $50.00 for sellers and $50 to 75 for buyers and refinance."
IMO, the above fees offered are very very low, I respectfully decline if I get calls like those. I cover Bay Area for more than 15 years, so far, no signing agencies offer me for the above fees. They can offer any fees they want, I would only accept jobs that can really PAY after all business expenses.

Reply by EJC/LA on 11/21/13 7:49am
Msg #493512

My list of fees has drafting a mortgage and promissory note (provided of course that I pass the state notary exam in 2 weeks) at $200, so $75 would be about 1/3 of what I would charge and I would say that's NOT a "very good offer."

Reply by Jackie Jones on 11/21/13 12:01am
Msg #493504

I have worked with the Signing Agents and have always found them excellent to work with. For me, $75./signing with ad ons as necessary is a fair price. They have always paid promptly which is definately a plus and I'm sure all of us have been stiffed at one time.

I'm thrilled when they call everyone is professional and friendly and I know they can be counted on.

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 11/21/13 7:26am
Msg #493511

Wish the fact that it was a seller's package was included in the OP - that would have been more fair to the company and to us in forming an opinion. I don't know what Sellers' packages look like in CA but in Florida they're fairly small - IMO $75 is an okay fee - I would probably charge $85 here - I charge $85 - $100 for buyer side cash purchases and limit these to my own home county to limit travel.

JMO

Reply by John Tennant on 11/21/13 9:58am
Msg #493526

All of the seller's packages that I have handled have been less than 40 pages. My base fee for those is &80.00.

Reply by NVLSlady/VA on 11/21/13 10:15am
Msg #493528

Being fair: I agree with Linda.

When I saw post, my mind automatically conjured up "Refi," No way!

Helps to know <all> the facts. Also not sure a fee "offering" needs mention of name (definitely NOT a rating in SC - for any who thinks that is fair)

Reply by Yoli/CA on 11/21/13 10:40am
Msg #493535

The Signing Agents has always been fair with me. Michelle Williams is one of a handful of professional and ethical SS owners out there ... at least, IME. In fact, my trust for Michelle is such, that I recently requested and received a referral from her on a personal matter.

The Signing Agents can call me any time!

Reply by Ted/CA on 11/21/13 12:13pm
Msg #493557

I have worked for The Signing Agents for some time now and have always found them to be a top notch company.

Reply by MAC/WA on 11/21/13 12:41pm
Msg #493560

I don't stoop to arguing over # of pages, that is not where

my costs are. I still have to drive there and back; the price of gas to do so certainly doesn't go down because there are fewer pages, neither does my car, E & O or Liability insurance costs. There may also be faxbacks, and I still have to package up and take the docs to fedx/UPS.

Nor am I fooled by the argument that seller packages for example, takes less time...there is no guarantee of that. I have sat in front of sellers who have struggled with tax and escrow documents for properties in other states and they are on the phone with the broker, title company or all of them to find out how to fill out the forms....while I have sat there.

Reply by NVLSlady/VA on 11/21/13 1:42pm
Msg #493574

Sat in front of

<"sellers who have struggled with tax and escrow documents for properties in other states and they are on the phone with the broker, title company or all of them to find out how to fill out the forms....while I have sat there.">

So True. And mine always say, "Why don't they get these to us ahead of time? Would make it much easier." (Tell me about it)

Especially when these docs have tax implications.

Reply by garland/CA on 11/21/13 2:52pm
Msg #493584

Completely agree, seller package can be time consuming!

Recently had one that took over an hour, longer than most refis. It was complicated because seller was a trust of someone who had died. Signer was the son. He had to make numerous phone calls before he could fill out most tax forms, didn't have the Trust TIN, etc.
We often don't know these details when we accept a signing. All we here is: it is a simple seller's package. It isn't always worth it for $75

Reply by garland/CA on 11/21/13 4:40pm
Msg #493597

ugh, meant to write: "hear", not "here". n/m

Reply by jba/fl on 11/21/13 10:56pm
Msg #493644

I think seller's side is a major PITA because of tax forms.

They take longer and I know it. Number of pages is not an indicator at all. I can do a 150 pg. pkg. in less time compared to seller side only. I don't budge. I don't work a lot sometimes as I seek a nice hourly rate. Then I have the patience of Job comfortable in that knowledge.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.