Notary Rotary
This is interesting and yet the Sterling BGC does NOT
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to November, 2013 Index

Posted by CarolF/NC on 11/4/13 8:34pm
Msg #491266

include the motor vehicle record which is one of the proposed requirements of the new SPW BGC. I'm so glad I'm close to retirement so I do t have to put up with all this insanity for long.

As you may know, Fidelity National Title and its subsidiaries have new requirements that state that any notary completing a document signing for 6 well known lenders must now submit a valid background check from NNA or Sterling. Notaries must submit their background checks to every signing service that they intend to perform signings for.

To be placed on the FNF Approved list under Elite Signings Services, Please email or fax to us the following as soon as possible.

1. Please complete and sign the attached authorization
2. A current background check certificate from National Notary Association or Sterling.

FNF will ONLY accept two vendor’s background checks, either the NNA (National Notary Association) or Sterling Info Systems.
Any notary company that has been approved by FNF must provide proof that each notary or independent contractor they utilize for our “Preferred Lenders” has been background checked by either submitting the NNA certificate or having them background checked through Sterling Info Systems. We will continue to use the approved notary companies, but only those notaries that have provided proof of a background check will be used for signings for these “Preferred Lenders”. Each notary will be listed under your company as approved to perform signings for our “Preferred Lenders”. For example, ABC Signing Company is a company on our approved notary list. If ABC has an individual, John Doe, get a clear background check, “ABC Signing Company – John Doe” would show in our approved notary database as eligible to do signings for our “preferred lenders”.

Please let me know if you have any questions. You are an important part of our team, and we would like to keep you on our approved list!

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.