Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Times are tough, but they just got tougher for others...
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to November, 2013 Index

Posted by MAC/WA on 11/1/13 8:49pm
Msg #490963

Food stamp support for 47 million poor families, children, the elderly, veterans and the disabled were cut today because of congress' failure to pass a farm bill. This means 21 fewer meals each month for a family of 4. The average cost of a meal on food stamps is $1.40. Please, please, please, go to feedingamerica.org and make a small donation to help the food banks that help these people in their tough times that seem to come at the end of each and every month when the food stamps run out. Do it today. TODAY. NOW. I did.

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 11/1/13 8:55pm
Msg #490964

Belongs in Leisure or JP (more likely leisure)...not here n/m

Reply by loancloser46 on 11/1/13 10:56pm
Msg #490974

Most of them could get a JOB and buy food... n/m

Reply by JanetK_CA on 11/2/13 1:36am
Msg #490988

Right! Everyone knows how easy that is these days. Sheesh!

Most of them are elderly, children, or disabled. There are also lots of people who HAVE a job, or people who are trying to find a job.

Sorry, I know this should be over in JP, so I'll quit here. I just couldn't leave that comment unresponded to.

Reply by snowflake/PA on 11/2/13 9:41am
Msg #490995

Re: Right! Everyone knows how easy that is these days. Sheesh!

There are folks working who still can't put food on the table. How about a minimum wage earner (all he or she could find) who has a couple of children to feed. They need help, even if temporary.

Reply by Notarysigner on 11/2/13 10:41am
Msg #491007

I'm with you on this Janetk I see this everyday, everywhere

not JP

Reply by Les_CO on 11/2/13 10:06am
Msg #491000

Re: Most of them could get a JOB and buy food...

Of the 50 million on food stamps and disability at least 10 million need and deserve it….the others are thieving just parasites. JMO

Reply by Notarysigner on 11/2/13 10:45am
Msg #491008

well Les one example

the guy at the corner store sale raisin Bran Flakes for $3.99 a box. However, if you use food stamps or WIC he charges $8.00...who's the thief?

Reply by BobtheElder on 11/2/13 11:52am
Msg #491016

Re: well Les one example

... depends. If the reimbursement process is anything like medicare the government is the thief...
But to have 47 million people ( about one sixth of our population) on food stamps says some very bad things about both the program and our economy...

Reply by Les_CO on 11/2/13 5:34pm
Msg #491043

Re: well Les one example

A 20oz box of raisin bran at my nearest store costs $1.99, so on the face of it I’d say the shopkeeper is a thief…but I have no idea of what his costs of doing business are, or what expense is involved with taking food stamps and getting paid from the government are either, so I can’t judge. My complaint is with the entire system. When we have kids going hungry, while their parents spend their government subsidies on whatever, and people like Obama’s aunt that has been living here (illegally except recently, when they decided not to deport her back to Kenya, for political reasons) without a job totally supported by taxpayer dollars for many years. She should have asked her nephew for help. He doesn’t mind spending millions of taxpayer dollars a day on himself and his wife, he could take a bit of his salary that he doesn’t spend send it to his Aunt. The entire system is upside-down overseen by mindless Bureaucrats that have never had a real job, and run by no-think government employees, that get rewarded by getting people into the system not out of it…… i.e. I got one needy person on food stamps last week, “you’re fired!” as opposed to I got 100 people on food stamps last week “you get a bonus for all your hard work”. Some of the people I don’t blame, the truly needy, and the poor people living in a mud hut, or stick shack without food or water or any sort of healthcare. Why not come here live in a heated/air-conditioned fully furnished housing with indoor plumbing and hot and cold running (drinkable) water/utilities/food/healthcare/flat screen TV, cell phones….all free! Obama has declared our borders full open, and his minions are working feverously trying to get everyone they can on government support, and all it costs is a vote or two. If we spent 10% of what we spend on Government support getting these people that are physically able to work jobs, rather that handouts we all would be better off. But you can’t ask a government leader that has never had a job and the people working for him that never had a private sector job how to get, or create jobs, they simply have no clue.(And yeah Huge, this probably should be in JP)

Reply by Belinda/CA on 11/2/13 7:15pm
Msg #491050

Re: Times are tough, but they just got tougher for others... n/m

Reply by Belinda/CA on 11/2/13 7:25pm
Msg #491051

Average cut was only $30. Whiney. Want to hear about my

Husband's pay cut, increased insurance premiums, no bonus when one was promised in writing, has to provide his own pens, and more! No, I didn't think so.

Want to hear about my financial shortfalls as I work my tail off? No, I didn't think so.

The VAST majority of food stamp recipients could get a job. Instead they want us to support them. Whiney and self-centered. They can get a job and don't come on here whining for them. No one is sending these hard working notaries a check for setting on the couch.

Reply by JanetK_CA on 11/3/13 12:46am
Msg #491068

Past time to move this over to JP! Sorry for contributing to

the drivel that we've usually managed to avoid here since JP was created!

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.