Notary Rotary
Well I just responded by email to a few companies on SPW
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to November, 2013 Index

Posted by Notary On The Go on 11/21/13 11:26am
Msg #493547

list that told me my BGC had to come from NNA or _________. At least there was one other choice, and no it was not sterling. Different companies for each TC. This is how NNA plans to keep money rolling in, if you have to get a different one for each TC why not just get one from NNA right. Anyway told them I have mine from ________ and that's the only one I planned to get.

Also responded to their request that they will be updating their databases with only CSS designated signing agents. Told them I don't plan to get that either.

Their responses, in summary:

you can remain in our database, however, we will use those in compliance with our request first, therefore your assignments may be limited.

If only we could market this to all NSA's across the country, or at least in our own areas. The NNA would fail miserably at this latest endeavor. JMO

Reply by Stephanie Santiago on 11/21/13 11:47am
Msg #493552

Great job...... n/m

Reply by Lee/AR on 11/21/13 11:53am
Msg #493555

Interesting: "use those in compliance with our request first

But, they didn't say they wouldn't use you at all. Just not 'first'.
Which kinda begs the question: How important is this, really?
Also, they haven't even finished the CSS junk/test/whatever other hoops they'll invent, so there are no CSS out there to update. Smoke & mirrors.

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 11/21/13 12:00pm
Msg #493556

Yep, Lee - and also bring up the issue again of

blackballing and denying me the right to make a living..

By not calling me based on my expertise, but rather how much money I've given them, they're basically saying I'm not qualified or worthy to be called...

And with this I strongly disagree.

Reply by HSH/WA on 11/21/13 12:22pm
Msg #493558

Re: I'll bet most BGCs have identical info from the

same sources and to say we need this new NSA certification says the old one that we bought and paid for was inadequate - refund???

Reply by C. Rivera Chicago Notary Services on 11/21/13 2:46pm
Msg #493582

its about total monopolization of this market people....

I've been saying this it seems like a billion times on this site and others, but we know its true!

This is the same smoke and mirrors game, like when they first came out with the Certified Notary Signing Agent program.

My question is WHY create a whole new set of 'standards' and CSS title? Why didn't they just revise or revamp what they've already created?

Oh well, I still await my answers from the NNA...and yeah, I asked them.

Reply by JanetK_CA on 11/21/13 5:51pm
Msg #493623

That would make too much sense Cari. ;>) n/m

Reply by MW/VA on 11/21/13 12:47pm
Msg #493561

I still have a major problem with who's deciding which

bgc's are ok & which aren't. This is ludicrous. A bgc is a bgc, and should pass the test regardless of the source. This is America, and we do have choice. Our economy thrives on competition in the marketplace. Ok--enough for the soap box oratory! ;-) LOL

Reply by C. Rivera Chicago Notary Services on 11/21/13 2:58pm
Msg #493585

if we allow for the NNA ran SPW group to get away with

shoving its latest propaganda and money making scheme...this new CSS title and having companies believe that the CSS code of conduct and standards will keep them in compliance with the CFPB, then its an injustice!

The MBA (mortgage bankers association) should be sent uptine emails as well, since they were the ones that allowed the NNA to introduce this new bogus workgroup!

Reply by ikando on 11/21/13 4:11pm
Msg #493588

Re: if we allow for the NNA ran SPW group to get away with

The NNA is only a for-profit organization and does not have authority over any of our Notary Signing businesses. HOWEVER, because of their name (National Notary Association) and their PR expertise, many state legislative bodies take the easy route of using them as a way to determine what to do within their jurisdictions with regard to Notaries Public. So our best recourse, in my opinion, is to be sure to make the REAL Notaries Public voices heard with regard to the services we offer to the mortgage industry and others. If we don't stand up to the NNA, those busy legislators who don't have time to read the bills before they vote, will take the opinion of the lobbyists who are in front of them to pass the laws that affect us.

We Notaries Public need to stand together if we want to NOT have the rules NNA-SPeW is putting out there enacted by our governing entities.

Reply by C. Rivera Chicago Notary Services on 11/21/13 4:17pm
Msg #493589

agree ikando - pressing my imaginary like button! n/m

Reply by Lee/AR on 11/21/13 4:50pm
Msg #493601

SPeW~~ Love it! n/m

Reply by C. Rivera Chicago Notary Services on 11/21/13 4:54pm
Msg #493605

Re: SPeW~~ I think we have a new name for the group!

so we don't adversely give it anymore internet attention! COOL!

Reply by MW/VA on 11/21/13 12:51pm
Msg #493563

Interesting. I ran into a woman today (daughter of a

borrower I signed for) that recently became a NSA. She was told by another NSA that she "had to be certified", so she went the NNA route, of course. This is what NNA is so famous for, selling the profession to unsuspecting newbies who think it prepares them to make big bucks! I know, because I went that route when I was starting out. Except of using the "cert/bgc" for my marketing purposes, it never did me any good whatsoever. I get so much more info right here on NR where we have open discussions.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.