Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

PrevNextFirstLastNew MsgSearchThreaded ViewTopics ViewLinear View  Notary Talk Live
Msg #622912

7 replies
Newbie Here
By vnp on 8/9/20 6:26pm

So paid for a membership now wanting to understand how you guys are getting your business from here? Is it just a directory and companies are searching for signing agents then they email you? Guess I'm just trying to understand the benefit of paying for the service, thanks for your help, AND BE NICE PLEASE!

Msg #622911

5 replies
Do you have a website? How much traffic do you get?
By Kellosh/CA on 8/9/20 6:00pm

I've been doing mobile notary work since 2008, but I've only worked through signing companies, though I will get the odd non-real estate request (I think from my listing either on this website or the NNA). Until last year, it was a side gig I did a few days a month. Now that I'm more or less a full-timer, I'm wondering if I should actually have a notary website. I'm curious how many of you do, and if you actually get noticeable traffic/gigs from its existence?

Msg #622910

0 replies
Here is Rocket Mortgage's IPO prospectus. It is 350+ pages.
By grapebed on 8/9/20 5:54pm

A prospectus is a disclosure document. So Quicken has to outline in great detail its business, risks and strategic plans for the future.

Anyone who reads the entire document, gets $85.00! Enjoy:

http://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/1805284/000104746920004008/a2241988zs-1.htm

Msg #622886

8 replies
Some FedEx locations changing hours, pickup times
By JanetK_CA on 8/7/20 9:33pm

I found out today that one of my go-to locations no longer has a second pickup time for overnight packages going to west coast locations, so drop off deadlines for many packages are much earlier. Another of the four FedEx locations within about 5 miles of me now closes at 6:00 pm, when it used to be open until at least 8:00 pm. Fortunately, I still have a couple of other options, but it now takes a little bit of extra planning...

If you haven't recently verified hours of the locations near you, I recommend you do so.

Msg #622879

3 replies
Renewing my commission in CA
By Steve Silva on 8/7/20 7:23pm

My Commission expires in November and am looking to renew it. It's my first time doing so and am curious as to how to do it. It seems like I only need to take a 3-hour online class and I have gone online and looked at several but the prices seem all over the place. I see one for $39 and I see one for, I guess you guys call them XYZ, that charges $175. Is there any difference and do I really only need to take the 3-hour course? I only did one notary for all of 2019 but am doing several now so I do want to renew it. Thanks!

Msg #622878

3 replies
CNBC reports UPS tacking on additional fees during COVID
By  Cheryl Elliott on 8/7/20 7:16pm

19 pandemic, as it faces a flood of packages.

What are notaries charging for their add'l fees during the pandemic.

Msg #622867

2 replies
Indemnity and Undertaking.......
By Ellen The Notary on 8/7/20 11:17am

Agreement Form (Gap)

Can anyone give me a short explanation of this form?

Msg #622849

1 replies
It
By  Cheryl Elliott on 8/7/20 7:36am

the appointment and no one gets back to you, you lhave a full day anyway, that you should just toss the file back to the settlement agent and let them find another signing agent.

I get to the signing two hours later than scheduled. It really screwed up my day, but two other signers were so gracious and allowed me to reschedule.

The spouse was signing POA for her disabled vet husband, who sat nearby but couldn't sign due to macular degeneration and he doesn't get around too well. None the less, he shared his opinions and directives.

I couldn't wait to be done with this! Every once in a while you get a boner. Wife was very sweet, lively and energetic. A pleasure, but you just don't count on spending a lot more time with POAs. Funny, no one mentioned it at the time they were scheduling it.

Msg #622848

4 replies
It's strong omen, when you don't have docs an hour before
By  Cheryl Elliott on 8/7/20 7:30am

the appointment and no one gets back to you, you have a full day anyway, that you should just toss the file back to the settlement agent and let them find another signing agent.

I get to the signing two hours later than scheduled. It really screwed up my day, but two other signers were so gracious and allowed me to reschedule.

The spouse was signing POA for her disabled vet husband, who sat nearby but couldn't sign due to macular degeneration and he doesn't get around too well. None the less, he shared his opinions and directives.

I couldn't wait to be done with this! Every once in a while you get a boner. Wife was very sweet, lively and energetic. A pleasure, but you just don't count on spending a lot more time with POAs. Funny, no one mentioned it at the time they were scheduling it.

Msg #622845

21 replies
Nationwide Signing Services
By Donna Moore on 8/7/20 6:08am

I just received a check from Nationwide Signing Services for a closing done on 3/11/2020. Today is 8/7/2020. That is 5 months, totally unacceptable. Previously I received a check on 8/1/2020, it was for two jobs done on 11/8/2019 and 2/19/2020. I am no longer accepting jobs from this company. Worst pay ever.

Msg #622841

1 replies
RON PLANTFORM RECOMMENDATION?
By Laura Vasquez on 8/6/20 9:47pm

I had a bad experience with Docverify, I expended an excessive amount of money to begin working as a RON Notary, I really regret choosing Docverify, it is really complicated and I have lost several clients for this reason.
Can anyone suggest a better platform, another vendor better than the one one I mentioned before?
Thanks,

Msg #622835

11 replies
Quicken launched its IPO today, raised $32 billion, its
By grapebed on 8/6/20 7:41pm

employees received millions in stock, while its notary "partners" got -0- and we run around trying to save 10 cents a ream on letter size paper. Make your own conclusions.

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/quicken-loans-parents-stock-rises-as-company-looks-to-build-the-amazon-for-financial-services-2020-08-06

Msg #622805

10 replies
Notary rules for a RULONA state?
By  VT_Syrup on 8/5/20 7:21am

Several weeks ago I got an email from the Vermont Office of Professional Regulation, announcing they had a vacancy in one of the three notary advisor positions. They advise the secretary of state on what the administrative rules should be for notaries. (In effect, the advisors will write the rules and the sos, unless they're egregiously awful, will approve them). I think this means they're finally going to get around to creating the very first set of administrative rules for Vermont notaries.

I intend to follow the process and offer comments on any drafts or proposals that are made public.

If anyone knows of a good set of rules from another state that has passed RULONA, that could be used as a model, I'd appreciate it if you would post a link here.

Msg #622804

1 replies
Foreclosure forecast by DS News
By  Cheryl Elliott on 8/5/20 7:17am

Not such good news this morning is that forecast is for a huge climb in foreclosures, primarily in California.

I'll sit this one out. During the last foreclosure season, I was a foreclosure agent in Santa Barbara spanning February 2008 through December 2012. I just don't have the stomach for it.

http://dsnews.com/daily-dose/08-04-2020/how-much-will-foreclosures-surge-in-the-months-ahead

Msg #622798

9 replies
Jane S. Doe VS Jane Susan Doe
By BossLadyMD on 8/4/20 7:59pm

I was really swamped today and missed a very common signing error. I just realized that my NBS signed "Jane Susan Doe" when she should have signed "Jane S. Doe" :-(
Do I REALLY have to go back?! Will a loose ack fix it?
ID is fine.

Msg #622786

30 replies
California Notaries - we now have an official voice!
By  Matt Miller on 8/4/20 4:31pm

I’m writing to announce that I have formed a non-profit advocacy group for California Notaries. The California League of Independent Notaries (CLIN) is the first and only advocacy organization in CA requiring all members to be commissioned notaries that strives to promote public awareness and advocate for California Notaries by building community, providing communication and lobbying for policy that strengthens the Office of Notary Public and represents members common interests. As you know, over the last two years I have worked to give independent notaries a voice in Sacramento and have proven that together we can be a powerful lobby. You have probably heard about a couple bills this year that directly affect notaries in CA, but did you know that there are actually 18 bills this session that either directly or indirectly affect California Notaries? As legislative issues concerning notaries continue to pop up year after year, California Notaries need a voice in Sacramento now more than ever and the CLIN will be that voice! Join today at: http://calnotaries.org/join

Msg #622764

8 replies
Hire Notary
By Grace Walker on 8/4/20 11:16am

I received email after email and texts from this signing service about all the jobs they have so I took a chance and paid the $48 fee. BIG MISTAKE!!!! I have never heard a whisper from them, website is misleading and no info at all. Just a fair warning to others. I wanted to give them the benefit of the doubt, but I was WRPONG!!!

Msg #622761

9 replies
Witness requirements by state. We haven't seen this posted
By  MW/VA on 8/4/20 10:35am

in quite a while, so I thought I'd share it again.

Witnesses always sign their name & print it below their signature.
Connecticut -- 2 witnesses - 1 may be the Notary
Florida -- 2 witnesses - 1 may be the Notary
Georgia -- 1 witness + Notary (GA is an attorney-only state/Attorney to oversee closing)
Indiana -- 1 witness + Notary
Louisiana -- 2 witnesses + Notary
South Carolina -- 2 witnesses - 1 may be the Notary (SC is an attorney-only state/Attorney to oversee closing)
Vermont -- 1 witness & Notary

Msg #622756

3 replies
Wells Fargo at it again
By Luckydog on 8/4/20 9:37am

Shortened link: https://bit.ly/30u7DW5

A class-action lawsuit has been filed against Wells Fargo Bank NA alleging that the mortgage lender unlawfully “corrected” agreements for thousands of customers’ Wells Fargo home loan terms. Plaintiffs have accused Wells Fargo of altering maturity date on loans, a change they claim damages home values and marketability for mortgage holders.

The complaint was filed by Philip and Ingrid Tippett of Florida. The Tippetts claim that Wells Fargo unlawfully changed the maturity dates on their home equity line of credit after realizing it had failed to set that loan to terminate after the mortgages’ final maturity date. According to the class action lawsuit, failing to adjust these dates would have resulted in the debts becoming unsecured – increasing the bank’s risk that they won’t be paid.

However, rather than informing customers of the mistake so that they could authorize a change, Wells Fargo allegedly took it upon itself to unilaterally file thousands of documents meant to “correct” the maturity dates in order to make them compliment the home equity loans. These documents are reportedly referred to by Wells Fargo as an “affidavit of correction.”

The class-action lawsuit argues that these changes damage the titles of the homes tied to the mortgages. This damage, in turn, reduces the homes’ property value and marketability, according to the complaint. These unauthorized changes allegedly constitute a criminal offense under state laws in Michigan, Colorado, California, Florida, Pennsylvania, and possibly other states.

More in article..

Msg #622752

7 replies
Need FL Notary in NY
By Laura Hawkins on 8/4/20 9:22am

Hi, I am looking for information on how to get a FL notary in NY. Due to the coronavirus, I have a need to get something signed with a FL notary, but the signer is in NY indefinitely. Apparently there's a way to get an online notary, but there is no way of knowing that it's a FL notary specifically. Does anyone have any hints on how to do this? Thanks for the help!

PrevNextFirstLastNew MsgSearchThreaded ViewTopics ViewLinear View  Notary Talk Live

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.