Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

PrevNextFirstLastNew MsgSearchThreaded ViewTopics ViewLinear View  Notary Talk Live
Msg #624777

10 replies
the planets all lined up for me today
By  Cheryl Elliott on 9/21/20 10:35pm

six files. All docs on time. Nothing over 128pp. All borrowers on time and masked. All paid $150 qnd more ea.

It was a wonderful day in the neighborhood.

Msg #624773

4 replies
Ca Driver Lic. Expired and it was issued...
By Calnotary on 9/21/20 7:42pm

more than 5 years ago, I can't find information on this. I think I remember I read some where that we can still used an expired DL because of the Covid-19 current situation, good thing my client got cancelled but I need to know just in case I will need this info in the future. Does anybody knows anything about it? I will research, thanks in advance.

Msg #624772

4 replies
Xome (aka Title365) scheduling via foreign Call Centers?
By Kellosh/CA on 9/21/20 7:01pm

From a business perspective, I totally get why they might try this out, but I still find it a worrisome development.

I had two calls from outsourced schedulers today and both were nonproductive. It was obvious the agent was reading from a script and didn't speak enough English to actually answer my follow up questions. First case, the woman read me out the script "We have a signing in CITY at TIME on DAY. Would you be available?" I ask what the zip code is, because that city, either it's a nice little village at the edge of valley or it's a house way up twisty mountain roads up to ten miles from the village. The agent couldn't understand what I meant by zip code, just kept repeating the city name. Said I wasn't available and hung up. Second one, she reads the script and pronounces the name of the city wrong. I don't find fault with that; many of our city names and are Spanish, so the pronunciation doesn't follow English rules and there'd be no reason for this person sitting in a call center half a world a way to know that. But it tripped her up and she couldn't understand what I was trying to communicate when I told her the correct pronunciation (as America's 10th largest city, it might be a good thing for her to learn because she'll be saying it a lot with this company.) Politely declined again.

Msg #624752

6 replies
Can ack certificate specify notarization was on paper (VT?)
By  VT_Syrup on 9/20/20 6:48pm

I got a document with an acknowledgement certificate from TX. I will be doing a traditional notarization Certificate is OK, except that it has boxes to check to indicate it was a traditional notarization or an online certificate. The check boxes are between "acknowledged before me on on September 20, 2020, by John Doe and Jane Doe" and my signature.

Vermont has passed RULONA and allows, but does not require, a short form certificate. If we do a video notarization, we have to add language indicating that, but we don't add language saying we did a traditional notarization.

My thinking is I can add to the certificate, but if I do, it isn't short form anymore. So I have to spell out everything I did to comply with the law. For example I would have to specify that I identified the signers through satisfactory evidence (which isn't mentioned in the cert that was sent to me).

Of course I have emailed title.

Msg #624743

10 replies
Is anyone getting any work from other paid platforms?
By Stacey/FL on 9/20/20 12:53pm

Is anyone getting any work from other paid platforms?

Msg #624739

11 replies
Recently accepted a JP Morgan Private Client refi loan
By  Cheryl Elliott on 9/20/20 12:19pm

Split signing, my side was a POA by son of mother whose health is compromised by COVID-19.

Title Co told me I was not to contact the client under any circumstances, and in the package I received the day prior to our signing was the address of the borrower's location for signing. No phone number however, and it is nowhere in the documents.

The requirements for the notary chosen to handle this highend borrower were nu)merous (and elementary.

The day of the signing, I received a text from the son that due to fires in Northern California, he was unable to make the appointment and would contact me on his return. I communicate this to title officer.

On his return he did text me, and we agreed on the time I would meet him.

I show up at the address and it is mother's home, caregiver meets me at the door and says son does not live there. I'd already contacted the borrower via text to tell him I was at his property, where should I park. (Parking is an issue on the American Riviera). Narrow streets, little guest parking available, and it was a Saturday!

He texts me back and tells me I'm at the wrong address. He's another 15 miles away. I'm going to be late, and I am always on time!

The assignment paid $200. My bad for not confirming the exact location of our meeting place.

Gotta love these "don't contact the borrower, just show up. In my area, I sometimes need to expect the unexpected. Lesson learned.

It's been a hell of a month! Not complaining...

Msg #624729

9 replies
Eagle BPO Service News
By kcg on 9/20/20 5:58am

....and it's good news.

I took a signing with them 8/26 and rec'd my echeck 9/19. Good fee and on time payment.

Msg #624726

4 replies
one signing multiple notaries, companies
By GAMMYx3/MA on 9/19/20 9:47pm

got a call yesterday am ..can I do an assignment at 5pm 45 min from home. fee negotiated and approved. Fine I call signer. He states that he received a call from another notary for the signing to occur at 3pm. I call and email company that assigned me. Told to hold off on printing docs is checking things out. Wait till almost 3. Call signer and he tells me that notary #1 has docs and is almost to his house. In the meantime of call from the company that I took this on with and second call to signer, another company calls for the exact same assignment at 5pm. With notary #1 almost there I told company #2 what was going on with the assignment that I already was confirmed for that she was trying to book me for and that there was another notary probably just showing up at the signers home. We had a few choice words for the title company (no names here) and that I was turning it back to the company that I originally took it from. So I let my company know that I was turning it back and went into detail why. Right up until 6:30 they kept telling me that I was to complete the job....even after I turned it back...FINALLY at 8pm (3 hours after the scheduled appointment time) I get told that they don't know what happened, will look into it and get back to me. My response...don't bother the signers completed this with another notary over 5 hours ago. Suddenly the assignment was on my desktop as pending reschedule. What part of I am turning this back twice did they not get? I feel sorry for the signer as he said he was fed up with the BS that they were putting him thru...Title was doing some shopping for the lowest fee.

Msg #624720

2 replies
one positive from covid
By CST on 9/19/20 2:11pm

I'm getting much better pay from almost all companies than before covid. I have 2 companies that offer less than 3 figure amounts. I'm feeling more appreciated with more reasonable offers.

Msg #624715

1 replies
Premier lender services
By Pamela C. Nickson on 9/18/20 10:37pm

Hi all, anyone heard of this company? https://www.zoominfo.com/c/premierlenderservices/91540105
Thank you!!

Msg #624697

3 replies
Eaglebpo
By Bravo on 9/18/20 2:21pm

Has anyone heard of this company? I just received a signing request from them. They aren't listed here.
Thanks

Msg #624687

7 replies
Anyone heard of or have worked with these guys?
By Stacey/FL on 9/18/20 12:32pm

Simple Land Selling
(937) 479-3999
Office hours: M - F • 9am - 5pm CST

Msg #624673

14 replies
Anyone feel we have slowed it down some?
By Luckydog on 9/18/20 8:06am

This week seems a little off for me compared to the last weeks/months. Really nothing coming in and had 3 cancellations this week. Just some oddball misc. stuff trickling through my phone I ignored. Not sure if just me, or others feeling a slight downturn this week...
Oct 1, lenders will start to add a 1% fee to refi's. That will discourage many from refi-ing as well...Is this going to be the trend, or is it just me this week?...nothing last forever, but I need it to. lol

Msg #624665

1 replies
PNR Notary in Sylmar, CA G/B/U?
By  Cheryl Elliott on 9/17/20 10:44pm

Anyone?

Msg #624662

7 replies
curl
By Clem/CA on 9/17/20 9:43pm

I have two Printers same make same model.. one curled the paper one did not, I found adjusting the fuser temp worked for me...

Paper curl is caused by excess humidity in the paper. When paper passes through the fuser, the combination of heat and pressure required to bond toner to the paper also causes curling because of excess moisture in the paper. All laser printer are susceptible to this.

Move the paper to a dry environment and keep it sealed until you need to use it. Always store your paper in a humidity-controlled environment and don’t unwrap the reams until you’re ready to put the paper in the printer. Paper has a tendency to absorb moisture from its surroundings, so be sure that the paper is not stored close to air conditioning vents. Much of the time, this simple change will resolve the issue.

If moving the paper doesn’t help and you have a laser printer or laser copier, try changing the fuser mode to lower the fuser temperature. Fuser rollers degrade over time, resulting in the fuser being too hot and the paper curling. Some laser printers, especially HP brand, give the user the ability to adjust this setting. You’ll need to consult the user manual for your machine to see if it offers this option. If it doesn’t, you may need to have the printer professionally serviced and if the rollers have degraded, they made need to be replaced.

Msg #624658

4 replies
The Closing Exchange AKA CXchoice
By  Ernest__CT on 9/17/20 8:42pm

Did a search and zero came up.

Cxchoice requires a password change every so often. Tonight I was forced to TRY to change my password. Didn't work.

I tried CHAT and the screen name was Nain Ramos. He said that @hotmail, @msn, @aol and a cople of other email providers are "not supported" by Cxchoice's software. (Seriously difficult to believe that anyone's software is programed to reject specific email companies. Why?)

In addition to being unhelpful, disrespectful and rude, he claimed to be a Marine.

Anyone have any thoughts and / or comments? TIA!

Msg #624640

23 replies
for those who do a lot of volume notarizing
By CST on 9/17/20 3:42pm

how do you juggle appts when some of these companies aren't getting docs in time to print and travel?
I spend so much time just waiting on docs....then end up late but often my jobs on the road are back to back. Time is something that stresses me. Otherwise, I'm probably the most laid back person who would know.

Msg #624616

24 replies
Legal Size Paper
By  jojo_MN on 9/17/20 12:35am

Does anyone have any suggestions on where to get legal size paper at a decent price? I've been on leave for most of this year and can't locate any from my regular suppliers. Even Sam's Club has been sold out for months in this area. Many places in my area are selling them for $13+ a ream.

When doing a search 2018 is the last message showing up. TIA

Msg #624597

21 replies
Notary in Singapore?!
By Ben List on 9/16/20 6:31pm

Hello Notaries!

I'm in the process of selling my home in California but the problem is that California requires a notarized wet signature on the deed transfer.

Normally I would go to the US Consulate here and get that done. But because of this pandemic the US Consulate has stopped all notarial services for an undetermined amount of time.

Because the Recorder wants a wet signature I'm unable to use a Remote Online Notary.

Does anyone:
Best case: Know a US Notary in Singapore that is NOT in the Consulate which is closed
Middle case: Know if I can get my signature notarized by a Singapore Notary, then have it authenticated by the Singapore Ministry of Foreign Affairs? Will that be accepted by the local California authorities?

Thanks everyone! This is a real headache!

Msg #624596

5 replies
ProLink...any recent experience?
By FeliseSoCal on 9/16/20 6:07pm

I have not worked with them in ages. Does anyone have any recent experience?

PrevNextFirstLastNew MsgSearchThreaded ViewTopics ViewLinear View  Notary Talk Live

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.