Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

PrevNextFirstLastNew MsgSearchThreaded ViewTopics ViewLinear View  Notary Talk Live
Msg #628618

6 replies
Option to Sell RE
By Art_FL on 1/18/21 3:36pm

A friend was just called by a realtor offering to pay 1% of the property's value for an option to sell it when he decides to sell or when he dies. The contract is for a 6% listing & will be recorded. The company is sending a notary over with the Agreement for him to sign, if he is ... (you can complete)

Has anyone heard of this?

Msg #628597

8 replies
Unfortunately SOS Signings is now a deadbeat
By  canotaryhere on 1/17/21 10:51am

He owes for signings going back over 2 months and is blaming it on Stewart title not paying him, but many of the signings have nothing to do with Stewart Title

Msg #628594

4 replies
Lucked out with gas price
By Jayhawk/KS on 1/17/21 8:00am

I live in a town of 21,000 people. I had to travel about 45 miles each way to do a signing. As I traveled north on a 2 lane highway I noticed gas pricing being lower. It’s now $2.35 unleaded in my town. When I got to my destination gas was $2.09. I needed a little over 1/2 a tank. Needless to say, I filled up and drove home with a smile on my face! Oh happy day!

Msg #628593

2 replies
UPS schedule
By Jayhawk/KS on 1/17/21 7:38am

I found this and thought it might be Helpful

On the UPS website is a table that shows their holiday schedule. I just googled UPS holiday schedule. Tried yo copy and paste but it didn’t work.

Msg #628591

1 replies
Connecticut Notary Signing Agents Heads up! Help coming!
By  Ernest__CT on 1/16/21 9:45pm

If you haven't gotten the email from Gregory Zabielski, look him up and contact him regarding HB 5021, sponsored by Rep. Jay Case (R-63). It is a bill intended to repeal the severely damaging effects of PA 19-88. (The Public Act that stole our rights to do loan closings and gave attornys the sole authority to conduct signings. AND, by the way, stealing approximately half our income. AT LEAST.)

This is our chance, fellow NSAs, to fight for our rights, especially the right of due process!

Contact your state representatives and state senators. We had not been given proper notice of our rights being infringed.

PLEASE talk to Gregory before you write to your elected legislators! We've got to be POLITE but FIRM and FAIR.

Msg #628572

3 replies
Payment for services rendered
By Annamarie Robertone on 1/16/21 11:36am

Anyone else having problem getting paid from MV Reality vis Snapdocs. Services rendered December 3, 2020, as of this writing I have not received payment but I have been given the run around.

Msg #628571

5 replies
Bond insurance
By Virgilemobil on 1/16/21 11:21am

Hi everyone, I heard RON notary is available in Florida(I am late, I know) but now I want to reenter the notary business. I have $7,500 bond and 25, 000 E&O with only 1 year left on my commission. So my question is is there a company that offers bond insurance for 1year?
Can someone recommend one.

Thank you all in advance ☺

Msg #628558

9 replies
John Hoyt is back with Premium Signing Services
By  Cheryl Elliott on 1/15/21 10:08pm

It's been awhile, last year I did a lot of research on this company, and just remembered today that this is John Hoyt attempting to re-enter the notary scam business, offering $75 signings to unsuspecting new NSAs.

Thanks, Yoli, for jogging my memory. You posted about this 3 days ago.

Edocs refi with full scan backs for tomorrow with open time ... $75.

Didn't even bother to counter-offer. I'd never heard of this SS: Premium Signature Services using a UPS Store in Tustin, CA for address.

http://www.bizapedia.com/ca/premium-signature-services-llc.html

Msg #628553

7 replies
Driver's License has previous address
By Howdowe/CA on 1/15/21 7:38pm

What do I enter in Journal?

Msg #628546

10 replies
Title co "damaged" the last page of a mortgage I notarized..
By Katelyn Hart on 1/15/21 2:33pm

.. in mid-December.

Two days ago they send me an email with a scanned copy of the original page (before it was "damaged"), with my stamp and signature, and a also blank copy of the same page. They want me to recreate the original and mail it back to them ASAP. They didn't offer any additional compensation for this task, which gave me a good chuckle because FedEx is a 20 minute drive each way and it was their mistake entirely.

I assumed that this was not permitted anyways, and I checked-in with the PA Association of Notaries (PAN) to confirm (which they did, said that this is not permitted) before responding back saying that I cannot fulfill this request BUT that I can make a trip back to the borrowers if they need me to. For a fee, of course.

Now I have several people from the title company and the signing company (who hired me for this assignment) emailing me, INSISTING that what they're asking me to do is legal because "This acknowledgement does not require the borrower's signature. I attached the acknowledgement done at closing for your review. We are asking for a duplicate of what you witnessed at that time."

I mean... this is definitely illegal, right? How should I respond to them? Should I even bother responding? This sucks because I'm pretty new and have gotten most of my assignments through this signing service, so if they give me the boot I'm not going to be in great shape. I also haven't been paid for this assignment yet...

Msg #628542

4 replies
Monday, 1/18th (Martin Luther King Jr holiday observed)
By  Yoli/CA on 1/15/21 11:32am

Just a reminder that Monday, 1/18th, is a holiday and is not to be counted for NORTC.

Msg #628539

1 replies
Hybrid signing yesterday, clients wanted to sign single file
By  Cheryl Elliott on 1/15/21 9:50am

Three, a VA refi, adding a daughter to the title.

The daughter was on a con call, she would be "on-call" when her signatures were needed.

The wife thought they should all sign separately.

NO WAY, Huckleberry, I don't want to miss any signatures and have to go back and drag the daughter out of her cave back outside!

I always call the client to let them know I'm on the way and sometimes right at their front door. I was 10 minutes early. No one in sight. Finally, the wife calls me back and says she'll be right out. But she did not show for five minutes. The husband was nowhere in sight, went for a walk.

I just don't get it! No sense of urgency here.

I purchased a handheld blood pressure device at Costco the night before. I'll be putting it to good use.

Msg #628538

2 replies
Bonus assignment today
By  Cheryl Elliott on 1/15/21 9:41am

I was contacted today to meet with a client who is a plaintiff in one of those landmark lawsuits filed for mesothelioma damages. There are 23 affidavits, $15 each, $50 travel fee. Although this cause has been around for some time, this is my first!

Msg #628526

2 replies
SingleSource Property Solutions in Canonsburg, PA.
By BRLa_Notary on 1/14/21 12:33pm

Anyone receive this email? Anyone have any information on SingleSource Property? No name, no number just a typical packet attached. BEWARE

Hello there! My name is Julia and I am part of the recruiting team at SingleSource Property Solutions in Canonsburg, PA. We are a growing nationwide Title/Settlement company currently looking to expand our notary network in Louisiana in response to the ever increasing order volume from our clients. I have attached our Vendor Onboarding Packet for you to view and fill out should you be interested in this opportunity to partner with our team. If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to me directly either by email or phone. I look forward to hearing from you and building a lasting working relationship, have a great day.

Msg #628524

4 replies
On Site Signings G/B/U??
By Lee/AR on 1/14/21 11:46am

not in SC, search turns up nada. This is all I have. Thru Signing Order.

Msg #628514

6 replies
Yet another way for signer to “review” doc prior to signing.
By RickG/CA on 1/14/21 9:20am

Fidelity announces Close inHere

https://apple.news/Aok7kNqewTl2Wt8xv0Ntmnw

“...consumers can do all this from the convenience of their own home, at a time that works for them, prior to the ceremonial signing event.”

I still see some folks just clicking thru to the end then complaining that nobody said there will be such and such fee or that the name is misspelled.

In any case, I don’t see an immediate impact for this year. However, in future years I can foresee this as another step to paving the way to near paperless closings.

Thoughts?

Msg #628501

8 replies
Signature Name Affidavit OPINIONS please
By GAMMYx3/MA on 1/13/21 10:04pm

Monday I did a signing with a couple. Specific instructions on this was NOT given by Freedom Mortgage. the form showed the signer without middle initial in the documents. Signer had a middle initial on ID. form stated "I hereby certify that signer with middle initial is one and the same as signer without middle initial" and the same line had a date line. Note that in the area of the name with middle initial that was NO corresponding line for the signer to use to sign but below it were 4 blank lines. Based on having done this for 20 years if there was no corresponding line for the "with initial" signer to sign I only have had them sign on the line that has their name below it. Today I get a call saying that I need to go back and have them resign it as the "LENDER" is requiring it to fund the loan. I do not believe I did anything wrong and neither does the company that hired me...we agreed and she is paying a small additional fee out of her pocket to have it done. The signer is an ex loan officer and was very angry.. told me this was a "CROCK and that I hope they are paying you to resign this?"

This situation is a first for me and today was my second Freedom Mortgage signing in two days...in anticipation of this happening again I met that signer AFTER I had met with him and had him sign that in the same place with his name with initial ...lucky he only works 1/2 mile from me and I was able to get his docs completed and out on time with the signature name affidavit signed the way I was instructed to today...in other words CYA before it came back to bit me in the butt tomorrow when I am unable to meet with the signer due to other commitments.

I want to state that BOTH signers stated that if it was not for the great interest rate that they were getting they would NOT have gone with this lender...one took 7 months to complete and the other 5 months.

I am interested in your opinions....I am not trying to start a war in asking this so please just opinions.

Msg #628496

3 replies
Thank you Bear for MSG. #627262
By Alz on 1/13/21 8:20pm

The loan package for tomorrow contains the new 1003 form, albeit, my first encounter.

I'm so glad that we had such rich discussions about this, as I was able to use the orange search button to locate the thread of various posts. Needless to say, this forum assisted me greatly to ensure no missed initials and signatures. Note: The font size is a bit small.

Again, thank you and the OPs.

Oh by the way, there is another related post, but I forgot to write the message number down.

Msg #628492

14 replies
New Seeking Constructive Criticism/HELP
By Tamika Lord on 1/13/21 7:21pm

Please take a look at my profile and advise if there is anything I should add. I appreciate constructive criticism. As we all do, I need assignments! Here is what I have done so far:
1- subscribed to a number of trainings, groups and platforms to learn and receive work
2- have started down the list to sign up with companies
3 -updated my profiles on platforms after not getting anything
4-had one vehicle loan signing but in the meantime I am studying, and reviewing sample documents to increase my confidence. I want to kill it when given an opportunity.
Thanks in advance.

Msg #628480

9 replies
65+ in CA? You're up soon!
By Bear900/CA on 1/13/21 4:00pm

COVID Vaccine: State Making Vaccines Available to Those 65 and Older

http://www.msn.com/en-us/health/medical/covid-vaccine-state-expects-to-make-vaccines-available-to-those-65-and-older/ar-BB1cIUJv

PrevNextFirstLastNew MsgSearchThreaded ViewTopics ViewLinear View  Notary Talk Live

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.