Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

PrevNextFirstLastNew MsgSearchThreaded ViewTopics ViewLinear View  Notary Talk Live
Msg #628814

8 replies
Universal Notary out of Rancho Mirage, California
By MrMendez on 1/25/21 1:58pm

Hello,

Has anyone done any recent work for Universal Notary out of Rancho Mirage, California? And were you paid promptly? Please advise. Thanks.

Msg #628803

1 replies
We Serve NJ, LLC
By  Yoli/CA on 1/25/21 9:45am

Had an email from them this morning with a signing opportunity at a law office near me at 1:30: print 100 pages all legal size and perform notarizations. I responded with my fee and an alternate time as I'm already booked for their requested time slot. Immediate response was that they need it for time specified.

I'd not heard of of them, I don't see them in SC and a search shows nothing. Wondering if anyone here has ever worked with them ......... ??

Msg #628786

2 replies
Mobile Signing Service Ontario
By Signed,Sealed,Delivered by Q. Thomas - Quiyon on 1/24/21 4:59pm

I am interested in working with this company. Has anyone worked with them recently?

Msg #628778

11 replies
Heads up! Signature Closers & your 1099 NEC
By Lee/AR on 1/24/21 10:53am

In your Acct. with them, there is a link to your 1099 NEC. It's small & in upper right corner. Apparently, they don't send it to you or even notify you where to get it.

Msg #628773

6 replies
How someone from another industry sees their value
By JanetK_CA on 1/24/21 3:18am

I saw this posted on Facebook and just had to post it here. There are so many parallels for anyone who provides a service! Do you think about all these types of issues when deciding how much your services are worth? Wink

[BTW, above the text was a pic of a very nice, large, raised wooden porch with railing all around it.]

A CONVERSATION ABOUT PERCEIVED VALUE:
A customer asked a contractor friend of mine how much it would cost to do this project.
My friend gave him a proposal: $4500
The customer responded: That’s seems really high.
My friend asked: What do you think is a reasonable price for this job?
The customer answered: $2500 maximum
My friend responded: Ok, then I invite you to do it yourself.
The customer answered: I don't know how to.
My friend responded: Alright, then how about for $2500 I'll teach you how to. So besides saving you $2000, you'll learn valuable skills that will benefit you in the future.
The customer answered: Sounds good! Let’s do it!
My friend responded: Great! To get started, you are going to need some tools. You will need a chop saw, table saw, cordless drill, bit set, router, skill saw, jig saw, tool belt, hammer, etc..
The customer answered: But I don't have any of those tools and I can't justify buying all of these for one job.
My friend responded: Ok. Well then for an additional $300 I can rent my tools to you to use for this project.
The customer answered: Okay. That’s fair.
My friend responded: Great! We will start the project on Monday.
The customer answered: I work Monday through Friday. I’m only available on the weekends.
My friend responded: If you want to learn from me then you will need to work when I work. This project will take 3 days so you will need to take 3 days off work.
The customer answered: That means I’m going to have to sacrifice my pay for 3 days or use my vacation time!
My friend responded: That’s true. Remember, when you do a job yourself you need to account for unproductive factors.
The customer answered: What do you mean by that?
My friend responded: Doing a job completely from start to finish includes time spent to plan the project, pick up materials, travel time, gas, set up time, clean up, and waste disposal amongst other things. That’s all in addition to the actual project itself. And speaking of materials, that’s where we will start on Monday so I need you to meet me at the lumberyard at 6:00am.
The customer answered: At 6am?!! My work day doesn’t usually start until 8am!
My friend responded: Well then you’re in luck! My plan is to start on the deck build by 8am. But to do so we have to start at 6am to get materials picked up, loaded and delivered to your job site.
The customer answered: You know, I’m realizing that a lot more goes in to a job than what a customer sees in the finished project. Your proposal of $4500 is very reasonable. I would like you to handle the project.
CONCLUSION:
When you pay for a job, especially a custom job, (whether it’s a physical project or digital project) you pay not only for the material and the work to be completed. You also pay for:
✔️ Knowledge
✔️ Experience
✔️ Custom Skills
✔️ Tools
✔️ Time to plan
✔️ Time to prepare
✔️ Professionalism
✔️ Work Ethic
✔️ Excellence
✔️ Discipline
✔️ Commitment
✔️ Integrity
✔️ Taxes
✔️ Licenses
✔️ Sacrifices
✔️ Liabilities
✔️ Insurance
If you request a proposal for custom work to be done, please don’t disrespect a service provider by trying to get them to lower their prices.
If their proposal exceeds your budget, there’s nothing wrong with getting other proposals.
Just remember.. you get what you pay for.
👉🏼 SERVICE PROVIDERS: Know your worth and be confident in it.
👉🏼 CONSUMERS: Recognize their worth and be respectful of it.
Sharing this to support all my friends, family and clients who are Entrepreneurs, Business Owners and Tradesman.
Credit to Amanda Zito

Msg #628757

11 replies
NNA Certified game changer?
By JCT_NORCAL on 1/22/21 7:37pm

Hey guys,
Curious if, in your experience, being NNA certified through SD makes a difference. I’m uncertain if SCs will look for agents that are only NNA certified. When first signing up for everything, I was under the impression that the membership had meant you WERE certified, which obviously is not the case. I’m hesitant to want to drop another $300 with them just to do coursework I have already completed and passed (Notary and NSA coursework), especially when I’ve already paid NNA for membership. I’m just curious if this is much ado about nothing or if this is a legitimate concern. Thanks for any thoughts on the matter.

Msg #628746

9 replies
Premium copy paper necessary?
By Karen Richmond on 1/22/21 3:34pm

I use Hammermill 20lb paper which got a complaint today from the escrow officer. Is 28lb paper better to use? What brand and weight do others use?

Msg #628742

1 replies
Notaries in NY
By Laura Scott-Cawley on 1/22/21 2:05pm

Hello:

I am a notary public located in NY- I was wondering what if any barriers there are for this. I am looking to get signing agent work and wanted to know if anyone had any helpful tips or comments. Or knew of any companies that hired signing agents in NY.

Thank you,
Laura

Msg #628726

6 replies
Newbie Here
By James Marsh on 1/22/21 8:12am

Feedback How do you get feedback on your past signings? How do you know that everything was done correctly/

Msg #628718

8 replies
how do i do this...
By Jamie Adkisson on 1/22/21 12:58am

Hello, I received docs today that have a different county than where we are signing in. Do I cross out the wrong county and write in the one we are signing in? I am in California. Thanks

Msg #628715

0 replies
Ron enotary in NV questions..
By Paulette Butler on 1/21/21 11:37pm

I’m a new NV notary and about to start up the Enotary/Ron. Any help out there about what solution provider to use would be great! I’m looking at Notarize. com, docVerify and online Notary Center. Any information would be Very helpful Smile

Paulette

Msg #628713

5 replies
Printer in your car for about $200.
By Ryan Lane on 1/21/21 9:39pm

I thought I would help out.
Power inverter: this is a must, mine is old enough that they don’t even sell it anymore, but target has a scosche portable power inverter for $40. It plugs into any cigarette lighter port and has 3 outlets. (And 4 USB ports, but they are not needed in this application)

Printer: The dell 1710 printer is an oldey but a goody. They are cheap refurbished (50-100 on ebay) and have an optional 550 drawer (50-100 on eBay). You can set the 250 page built in drawer to letter and the 550 page accessory drawer for letter for duplex printing. You are able to use any printer you have, but this is the workhorse I’ve used for 10+ years and have 500k page count on it. The drums and toner carts are cheep and readily available. Any printer that has a usb cord is able to be used, or you can set up an ad-hoc with an old router if your tech savvy and only have a wireless printer. (The inverter has 3 outlets)

From there you can either stuff it real snug into the back of an suv or trunk. If you wanted added support , I got a metal sheet band from Home Depot for 8 bucks and drilled it into the hard cardboard over my spare tire. This will keep it from rattling around.

Lastly, almost everyone has a laptop and mobile hotspot from your phone. If your worried about data caps/usage, you can pull in front of nearly any coffee shop these and access their free WiFi. As for a laptop, any with a USB port will do. It’s doesn’t have to be new or fancy. Just able to access websites and download docs.

This simple set up has saved me 1000s of dollars in gas over the years not having to drive home every time I get a set of docs late. I hope this helps!

Msg #628695

7 replies
Why we should be able to make contact directly with B
By  Cheryl Elliott on 1/21/21 5:57pm

orrower...I get to the signing for a VA refi. Two signatures, one is a non-borrowering applicant. When I asked if he would be joining us to begin the signing, borrower announces her husband is dead! He passed November 2018!

We call the LO, who also knows husband passed and already had a copy of the death certificate. It turns out his processor overlooked it and docs were prepared as though he is still alive.

So, no sign. Documents must be redrawn. I left after 15 minutes.

If I am called for the resign, my fee will reflect the lost revenue for this assignment, as the only confirmation I received from title is that the file CANCELLED today.

Msg #628692

21 replies
FNU-First Name Unknown
By Carolyn Gordon on 1/21/21 5:31pm

Hello, I just got an appointment for a purchase signing where the co-applicant name is reflecting "FNU Name Name Last Name". It looks like the acronym FNU is First Name Unknown is applied if culture does not have a first name designated. Is there anything special I should be looking for on the identification for this individual? I haven't received documents yet so I don't know if they will also reflect FNU. This is a first for me.

Msg #628691

20 replies
Class action lawsuit brewing for notaries
By Luckydog on 1/21/21 5:15pm

Attorneys working with ClassAction.org are now investigating whether class actions can be filed to help people get back any money they overpaid for document notarizations or other notary services. It’s possible that some consumers may have been charged more than their state’s legal limit for notary services.http://www.classaction.org/overcharged-notary-fees-lawsuit
Interesting...I hope they know what a convenience fee is and travel charges as well...

Msg #628686

3 replies
Using a home generator ...
By  Yoli/CA on 1/21/21 12:23pm

In Msg #628668, Cheryl stated concern of frying laptop/equipment with power surge while using a home generator. Thus far, I've been very blessed in not having to face this issue. But, her predicament got me thinking about all the other NSAs out there who may have this problem. Found the following article which may be helpful:

http://www.moneypit.com/home-generators-and-surge-protectors-power-failure-and-blackout-prevention-tips/

Msg #628678

15 replies
purchased all the spots
By Todd Rieser on 1/21/21 10:46am

The signing company purchased all the #1 spots on the numbers site for the entire state - can someone tell me what
purchased all the #1 spots on the numbers site means
Thank You

Msg #628674

2 replies
Got this note from LO this morning from one of my signings
By  Cheryl Elliott on 1/21/21 9:06am

yesterday that ended up paying twice the fee due to wrong docs at the 13th hour.

"Thank you!! I apologize for the little bit of craziness."

Most people would have thrown this catch back into the sea, but it did pay to be vigilant in getting the correct documents for the signing, although delaying the closing for 2 hours into the evening.

There is the opportunity in disconnects.

Msg #628669

2 replies
A slight update
By  canotaryhere on 1/21/21 12:19am

I am glad to say that SOS Signings actually sent me a check-for less than half of what they owe me but it is a start

Msg #628667

1 replies
Notary ASAP Inc.
By Debra Talley on 1/20/21 10:14pm

Did a signing for them in Octo 20, says check is in the mail Dec 2020, still no check. I wish I had checked here first. Well lesson learned.

PrevNextFirstLastNew MsgSearchThreaded ViewTopics ViewLinear View  Notary Talk Live

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.