Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

PrevNextFirstLastNew MsgSearchThreaded ViewTopics ViewLinear View  Notary Talk Live
Msg #609615

8 replies
NEW CT SENATE BILL PROHIBITS NOTARIES FROM REFI'S
By tony1994CT on 8/24/19 9:34pm

As of october 1 2019 NSAs will not be able to perform any more refi closing in the state of connecticut
as per Senate bill passed last week (senate bill 320)
Consumers will suffer enormously with the promulgation of this law since they will have to pay at the least 4 times as much more to do a rate and term refi closing from October ! with an attorney!
How is the Connecticut consumer protected with this new Senate Bill?

Msg #609601

7 replies
POA Multiple Agents
By biglee/Ca on 8/24/19 1:57am

I was asked if I can notarize a durable power of attorney with multiple agents in California. I have never had a request to do this before. Not sure how to handle this. The document was created by one of the agents not an attorney.

Msg #609578

6 replies
Cleveland Home Title Agency LTD dba Performance Title G/B/U?
By PSULION/PA on 8/23/19 4:55pm

Good evening friends .... I need some info if available.
I was contacted by Liz Schwertman to do a seller side doc signing.
She said she from Performance Title but when she sent the docs over I got no contact info except the email address that the docs came from and the phone number which was on my cell (I checked it as a Cinti / Loveland, OH phone number). Really can't find out anything else. The hair is standing up on the back of my neck. Anyone have any experience of knowledge of this outfit to pass along?
Much appreciated
Ron

Msg #609574

3 replies
Service Link/Exos
By Cathy Landre on 8/23/19 4:33pm

Is anyone besides me truly frustrated with the the Service Link Exos Calendar system? Every time I checkin it shows dates I am NOT available that I did not put on the calendar. I get a lot of work from them but this system sucks big time!

Msg #609571

0 replies
Notary on Call, San Diego, CA
By Yoli/CA on 8/23/19 4:21pm

For 2019, SC ratings say payments are getting later and later and requiring chasing - with 2-3 star ratings. Prior years show them with very good to great reviews. Are they underfunded or just changed their ways (and not for the better)?

Would appreciate hearing from those with actual experience with them. TIA! Smile

Msg #609568

1 replies
RAH RAH SIS BOOM BAH! Let's Hear It For The 2 Star Companies
By  PegiT_MN on 8/23/19 3:00pm

For those of you who think just because a 2 star company paid you and now you want to rave about them here on the forum and say that you will work for them again and that just because they threw you a little bone it must mean they have suddenly changed their ways after years and years and years of taking advantage of your fellow colleagues, please do not come crying on the board when they burn you, and do not come on the board and tell people who they can and cannot work for and accuse them of keeping horrid companies in business by taking work from them because . . . well . . . you just did the exact same thing.

Msg #609563

3 replies
Just got a call from Notary Cloud LLC in Henderson, NV
By  Cheryl Elliott on 8/23/19 2:10pm

Do I got to ________? Yes, I do but not for NC. You guys don't pay your notaries.

The scheduler replied that not any more, we pay our notaries now.

Not what I heard, I said. She hung up on me.

I guess this might mean it's safe to go there now???!!???

Msg #609559

13 replies
Working Direct - Pros & Cons
By Alz on 8/23/19 12:53pm

I think most professionals in our business strive to work direct, i.e. no middle person or entity.

Those that do work direct have certain advantages, but no one to my knowledge has mention any disadvantages.

Has there been any discussions about the pros and cons of working direct?

I’m sure most of you can list at least 3 pros right off the dome, but what about the cons? Are there any cons?

You know me, just curious…….

Msg #609558

2 replies
Speaking of USPS "Informed Delivery"
By Clem/CA on 8/23/19 12:02pm

I just got an email from USPS "Informed Delivery" ... (not)

return email was agamble@ailnj.com

Sure I will click on all the links

Msg #609557

4 replies
$35 for a signing ???
By Tyrone Murray on 8/23/19 11:59am

I’m in the triad area of NC. Gso/WS. Most people use attorneys for closings, so how can you make it worth your while when the average fee is $35?

Msg #609555

1 replies
Settlement Network in Florida
By Kevin Kattelman on 8/23/19 11:02am

Do NOT accept any signings from George Alvarez or Oscar Henriquez, of Settlement Network in Florida. Unless you like doing free signings. I've been waiting for 2 months to get paid.

Msg #609553

4 replies
30-year mortgage rate falls to its lowest level in 3 years
By Clem/CA on 8/23/19 9:32am

Buy some paper

http://www.inquirer.com/business/mortgage-rates-down-freddie-mac-20190822.html

Msg #609544

9 replies
Notary Cloud
By NewPhoenix on 8/22/19 10:23pm

I don't see any recent posts but what is happening with them? I sent them an invoice last week as part of the email message. Today I receive a reply back that "we cannot except (sic) this as an invoice. It must be attached." So I printed the same thing, scanned it, and then attached it as a file to my reply. So why did I have to waste my time doing this? Is this just a delay tactic?

Msg #609541

3 replies
signing company
By Walter L Butler Sr. on 8/22/19 7:20pm

has anyone worked for mobilenotary.com latley

Msg #609519

7 replies
USPS "Informed Delivery" Digest
By JanetK_CA on 8/22/19 3:50pm

If you haven't yet signed up for the USPS Informed Delivery service, I highly recommend it. Essentially, every morning of scheduled postal delivery, they do a scan of whatever snail mail is scheduled to be delivered to you (minus some junk that won't go through their scanners, of course) and send you an email with the image of each piece of mail you should expect in your mail box every day... except when it doesn't arrive, as happened to me this week.

The letter I missed is probably some kind of junk, but it was addressed to my business name, and the return address just said it was from "Bill Payment" (from Cromwell, CT). I was hoping it was some kind of e-check from a client who had told me a few days before that payment would be sent out right away, but it's tough to know. I managed to run into my postman the next day, but when I asked him about it, he just said he wasn't working the day before. He gave me the phone number to the local post office, but when I call it just disconnects. Fun...

Naturally, I'll check back with my client, but this whole adventure has me wondering how often this might be a factor with non-payment. It still might just be junk mail, but while dealing with this, I thought I'd pass on info about this service, in case it's something others are interested in, if available in your area... I'm pretty sure I signed up for this online. (I certainly didn't do it over the phone!)

If a check ever went missing, we'd never know about it without something like this. (For example, when we have a fill-in postman, mail often ends up being delivered to the wrong box, so anything could happen...)

Msg #609513

4 replies
Paid as promised Loan Processing Center Louisville, KY
By Luckydog on 8/22/19 12:39pm

David kept his word, and my check is in the mailbox today. 12 days late according to their posted payment schedule. I did appreciate his sincerity on the phone and our correspondence back and forth. I will work for them again IF they can shrink that window of turnaround time to in the most 45 days out from date of closing, or all signings pay the 15th of the next month from the previous month. I am too busy to mess with keeping my books open this far out personally. I do believe they are working on a new time frame and perhaps go to e-checks or similar. Not sure, but wanted to post and update it is here. I do believe companies can change and turn things around, but it takes work, sincerity, and action to do so.

Msg #609508

0 replies
GA--free notary training from Newtown Cnty Sup. Court clerk
By  Linda_TN on 8/22/19 8:09am

Got this link today in my Google alerts. There is a number in the article to call to RSVP or for more information.

https://www.covnews.com/news/county/clerk-superior-court-host-free-notary-training/

Msg #609507

12 replies
Here's another huge scam...beware, shoppers
By  Cheryl Elliott on 8/22/19 8:00am

I swear, scams abound. It's very scary. Having/using credit cards these days is very risky.

http://www.edhat.com/news/police-warn-local-businesses-of-force-authorization-scam

Msg #609497

10 replies
Email from "John Foster" he is a scammer
By Mills Mobile Notary Service on 8/21/19 4:44pm

Note I got email from from a John Foster representing a real Escrow company called Regency Escrow. Delete it, but it almost appears legit.

They never heard of him so he is a scammer. One of keys to ID a scammer is the email is a gmail or outlook domain. Also they never put a phone number in their signature block.

Msg #609472

2 replies
DOCS2U
By Robin Barrett on 8/20/19 7:36pm

Anybody work with them. Their out of ca

PrevNextFirstLastNew MsgSearchThreaded ViewTopics ViewLinear View  Notary Talk Live

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.