Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

PrevNextFirstLastNew MsgSearchThreaded ViewTopics ViewLinear View  Notary Talk Live
Msg #623053

7 replies
Partial Claim? (Coast 2 Coast)
By  Mickey_Fan on 8/14/20 2:42pm

First of all, WHAT is a "Partial Claim"???

I keep getting these ridiculously low-ball offers:

Are you available for signing for TBD at (CITY)?
OPEN DATE AND TIME, SCHEDULE DIRECTLY WITH SIGNER, SIGN WITHIN NEXT 7 DAYS.
PAGE COUNT: 11-35 PAGES
Notary Fee: $30.00
Type: Partial Claim

$30 doesn't drive my car out of the driveway, much less to a town about 20 miles from me.

Anyone else getting these from Coast 2 Coast?

Msg #623052

3 replies
So cal signing services 949-315-1693 g/b/u? n/m
By  Cheryl Elliott on 8/14/20 2:11pm

Msg #623045

14 replies
Just came in
By Luckydog on 8/14/20 9:55am

Stewart Title Lender Service
$75.00 refi w/ full scan backs
Wells Fargo 200 pages x 2

Vendor pay...Who's on board??

Blocked for insulting me with their fees offered and told them as much. Everyone should be doing the same.

Msg #623043

2 replies
Acknowledgment - loose certificate clarification
By  Yoli/CA on 8/14/20 9:52am

In Msg #623003, poster says: "For those of you who say that replacing an acknowledgement with a loose certificate, if that is true why does the county accept them & record using them? Again, I would be very cautious in this situation, but I don't think that means that one should never use a loose certificate."

An Acknowledgment can be the same thing as a loose certificate. Let's say you're notarizing John Doe's signature. An Acknowledgment can be on the same page as the Mr. Doe's signature or his signature and notarial certificate can be on separate pages. Doesn't matter. If the notarial verbiage is not compliant (in our case with California required wording), we attach a loose certificate with the correct wording. A "loose" certificate is one that is not on the same page as any of the document's contents. You can generate your own (provided it's compliant) or you can use the fillable one on the SoS's website. The notarial certificate is wherever the notarial verbiage, notary signature and notary stamp is affixed.

If a replacement notarial certificate is needed (i.e. original is lost, destroyed or there is an error on it), notary meets with signer again and generates a new notarial certificate with date of this last meeting with new entry in journal.

IT IS PERFECTLY ALLOWED AND LEGAL TO USE A LOOSE CERTIFICATE. It is not legal to generate a notarial certificate for any other date that is not the date you generate that certificate and meet with signer. Never backdate or postdate.

The same holds true for a Jurat. Only differences are that signer must sign document on date of notarization and an oath must be administered.

Msg #623029

6 replies
Namrots Notary Dispatch G/B/U
By  Cheryl Elliott on 8/13/20 5:35pm

Low ballers...offer jobs via text 714-336-9158

Always 911 emergency jobs

Msg #623012

2 replies
"I need a notary with a Hague agreement"
By  Expeditor on 8/13/20 1:04pm

This Lady had a no show this morning by a notary with a Hague agreement. That's right, and she wouldn't even listen to why that not possible. What are you guys telling those poor people?

Msg #623009

0 replies
Phishing Loan# - 821226121 Initial Closing Disclosure Avai
By Clem/CA on 8/13/20 12:26pm

Using a First American Title doc with a real looking link.... return email address in the united Arab emirates LOL

Msg #623000

6 replies
A few things I learned after buying digital certificate
By  VT_Syrup on 8/13/20 10:50am

I've been trying to learn about digital certificates and esigning for a variety of reasons, although it is not yet allowed for notarizations in my state, Vermont.

I got a certificate from IdenTrust, the least expensive one I could find that includes my name in the digital certificate. It cost $118 for three years. There are cheaper certificates around, but those would only include my email address, not my name.

I plan to use it to sign various electronic forms from organizations that I volunteer for. Since paid employees for these organizations are spread very thinly on the ground indeed, they do everything electronically; I don't recall sending any of them a piece of paper in more than a year.

Lesson 1. The process isn't trivial. I had to call support because Adobe Reader was marking my new certificate as invalid. They helped me solve the problem by deleting a stale IdenTrust root certificate from the list of certificates my installation of Adobe Reader trusts, and instead trusting an updated certificate.

Lesson 2. DocVerify and Notarize make the notary upload both the secret key and the public key to their platform, so the notary's signature is actually applied on their platform, not on the notary's computer. So in the paper world, the equivalent would be sending them a signature rubber stamp to them and telling them they could use the stamp when you tell them to. (I did not, and cannot, sign up with either platform, since my state does not yet allow enotarization). My conclusions are from reading their documentation and talking about it briefly with IdenTrust support.)

Lesson 3. Some digital certificates are TOO GOOD for DocVerify and Notarize. The certificate I bought is at what IdenTrust calls the basic assurance level, and it is a software certificate. A basic certificate checks public records to see if I really was who I claim to be. This is similar to the background check that NNA does, except that only the identity is verified; there is no criminal record check. Software means it's stored in the Windows certificate store, and can be exported with the secret key. It can be imported into lots of places, like Adobe products and the Firefox browser. It can also be uploaded to Notarize or DocVerify.

Lesson 3 continued: The next level up costs about $300 for three years. It is what IdenTrust calls medium assurance level. In addition to the checks for basic assurance, I would have to print out an enrollment application, take it to a notary, swear or affirm before the notary I the form is truthful, show a photo ID from IdenTrust's list (even if I personally know the notary), sign the form, and have the notary complete the jurat.

In addition, I would be required to use a hardware device to store the key. One option looks like a thumb drive and plugs into a USB port. The device would come in the mail. I would install special software from IdenTrust than knows how to talk to the device. I would plug my device in, go to the IdenTrust site, enter my account password, and create a separate password to use the device. The device would then talk to IdenTrust, and the secret key would be generated inside the device; the public key would be provided to IdenTrust so they could certify it.

The secret key can never be exported from the device. The only way to sign anything is to have the device plugged into the computer being used for the signing. Since the secret key can't be exported, the certificate with superior security cannot be used with DocVerify or Notarize.

Msg #622998

19 replies
I need a Fidelity Approved Notary for tomorrow in Carlsbad
By  Expeditor on 8/13/20 10:19am

our home loan, escrow is allowing me to choose a notary and bypass snapdocs. No time set yet, message me for details.

Msg #622983

8 replies
America's Notary Pro, San Antonio, TX G/B/U?
By  Cheryl Elliott on 8/12/20 9:28pm

Sitting in my DDS's chair getting a crown, phone rings, I see that it's America Notary Pro San Antonio, TX.

Never worked for them, I had too much stuff my mouth to speak....they left a message. Nothing here after

Msg #621035

Msg #622973

7 replies
The Closing Exchange aka CXChoice.com
By Luckydog on 8/12/20 4:30pm

Had an interesting phone call to update my profile. I don't believe I ever worked with them. Are they worth it?

Msg #622964

11 replies
fax backs. seriously?
By CST on 8/12/20 12:06pm

I'm not sure why I let SD back into my life. A whole slew of offers lately, all needing fax backs. since docs will be in their hands the next day and there is a 3 day right of rescission, does it really irritate anyone else or am I just complaining?

It requires for me to drive to my house, scan and then drive to town to drop off docs so it adds a half hour to my work time.

Msg #622963

3 replies
RON
By vnp on 8/12/20 11:20am

Hi everyone!

What is the best way to get started with RON assignments? I am certified with Pavaso and Nexysy however I have not done any signings with them. Thank you in advance!

Msg #622946

14 replies
X Mark Signing Services
By KimmyMD on 8/12/20 9:56am

Hello everyone, hope your staying safe. I had a horrible encounter with Zack Davis, claimed to be CEO of X Mark Signing Services. Did a search and found nothing.
Looking for your help.

Msg #622926

23 replies
Certification of trust
By biglee/Ca on 8/12/20 12:37am

I February I did a certification of trust for a lady a couple of months later she passed on. A few days ago I received a call from he daughter stating that she found the certification but the last page the acknowledgment is missing. She asked me if I could sign and stamp another acknowledgment. I did witness the signing and if I confirm the the signature on the document matches the signature in my journal can I attach another acknowledgment to the certification. Her daughter and a friend of the family both witnessed the signing and will be present if I am able to help her.

Msg #622924

10 replies
we are back n/m
By Clem/CA on 8/12/20 12:14am

Msg #622912

7 replies
Newbie Here
By vnp on 8/9/20 6:26pm

So paid for a membership now wanting to understand how you guys are getting your business from here? Is it just a directory and companies are searching for signing agents then they email you? Guess I'm just trying to understand the benefit of paying for the service, thanks for your help, AND BE NICE PLEASE!

Msg #622911

5 replies
Do you have a website? How much traffic do you get?
By Kellosh/CA on 8/9/20 6:00pm

I've been doing mobile notary work since 2008, but I've only worked through signing companies, though I will get the odd non-real estate request (I think from my listing either on this website or the NNA). Until last year, it was a side gig I did a few days a month. Now that I'm more or less a full-timer, I'm wondering if I should actually have a notary website. I'm curious how many of you do, and if you actually get noticeable traffic/gigs from its existence?

Msg #622910

0 replies
Here is Rocket Mortgage's IPO prospectus. It is 350+ pages.
By grapebed on 8/9/20 5:54pm

A prospectus is a disclosure document. So Quicken has to outline in great detail its business, risks and strategic plans for the future.

Anyone who reads the entire document, gets $85.00! Enjoy:

http://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/1805284/000104746920004008/a2241988zs-1.htm

Msg #622886

8 replies
Some FedEx locations changing hours, pickup times
By JanetK_CA on 8/7/20 9:33pm

I found out today that one of my go-to locations no longer has a second pickup time for overnight packages going to west coast locations, so drop off deadlines for many packages are much earlier. Another of the four FedEx locations within about 5 miles of me now closes at 6:00 pm, when it used to be open until at least 8:00 pm. Fortunately, I still have a couple of other options, but it now takes a little bit of extra planning...

If you haven't recently verified hours of the locations near you, I recommend you do so.

PrevNextFirstLastNew MsgSearchThreaded ViewTopics ViewLinear View  Notary Talk Live

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.