Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

PrevNextFirstLastNew MsgSearchThreaded ViewTopics ViewLinear View  Notary Talk Live
Msg #626058

7 replies
Ever been asked to pick up, take pic of & mail a DNA pkg
By Lee/AR on 11/3/20 1:15pm

Seems simple enough, BUT...after the people supposedly contacted Health Awareness Project for a kit, got it...but then didn't (or might have) returned it...now they want me to go there after setting Appt. & pick it up, take pic (s'pose to prove that it was in my hands) and mail it.
Methinks, the folks just had 2nd thoughts about doing this as I'd think anyone would be capable of mailing a package that you ordered back (if that's, in fact, what happened) OR is this some kind of scammy thing wherein they solicit you & tell you it's possibly paid for thru your insurance for the Health Awareness Project, but you find out it isn't. So, is this just a cash grab by a co. from a person's insurance co. (or the person pays) for unneeded tests? Seems to me that if ordered by your Dr., they wouldn't need anyone to 'pick it up'. Suspicious minds want to know....

Msg #626051

12 replies
Resign due to discrepancies in docs
By Gwendolyn Schulte on 11/3/20 10:09am

Recently I was doing a refi closing and was more than half-way through when borrowers found a discrepancy in their documents. They contacted their loan officer who said the documents would need to be redrawn. Ok. I get the 2nd assignment to go back with the new docs. I printed everything they had sent me for the new signing (of course docs arrive as I should be leaving for the signing.) After the signing as I’m reviewing the docs, I see the escrow docs are missing. I contact the title company who hired me. The rep I’m working with said I should have known to reprint the escrow docs from the first signing as they are not dated. I print them and go back for a third signing.

I am a newer notary. Should I have known this? I welcome your feedback. Thank you!

Msg #626040

7 replies
Covid Deadbeat No. 2 MY MOBILE CLOSER in Texas
By  Cheryl Elliott on 11/2/20 3:23pm

So everyone is making money, it's so great, right? But not if the signing service isn't paying their notaries.

I'm still waiting for payment from My Mobile Closer in Colleville, TX. A purchase loan file...

Msg #626039

4 replies
BEWARE Great Lakes Settlement in Cleveland, Ohio
By  Cheryl Elliott on 11/2/20 3:20pm

I know that some of you have taken assignments for this outfit, as I did on September 25, and have not yet been paid. I emailed Chris 8 days ago, and he said he would check with AP to see what the holdup is.

I've not heard back from Chris, and I've not received a check for this assignment. I wouldn't be so eager to work for this company, based on my experience.

Next: Write to Fidelity and to the loan officer to let them know the ethics of this company that does not like to pay their notaries.

Msg #626023

8 replies
Hybrid package today ...
By  Yoli/CA on 11/1/20 4:28pm

a total of 41 pages. That included UPS label and 2 blank Acknowledgments, these latter I just toss. In and out in 20 minutes - several notarizations. Servicelink pays full fee on hybrids. Smile

Msg #626006

6 replies
Unbelieveable low rates on refis! I saw a 1.875 on a 15 yr.
By  MW/VA on 10/31/20 12:06pm

yesterday! Yowwwzzaa!

Msg #626004

2 replies
Heightened security and CHP increased road patrols
By  Cheryl Elliott on 10/31/20 8:43am

I was on the road ALL DAY yesterday. Went to a couple of banks, a credit union, and I observed many CHP and County Sheriff, City Rangers and PD officers everywhere. We've had a number of liquor store robberies around here, Bank of America in my area shut their doors on Thursday, not sure why.

Time to exercise extra caution about where I go and pretty much have decided I won't be doing much after dark. TIME CHANGE here on the west coast on Sunday.

Personal safety is of foremost importance in our business.

Msg #625986

16 replies
"you can sit in your car while we sign"
By  canotaryhere on 10/30/20 6:00pm

No I'm sorry we cannot do that
"well we will have to do this outside because i don't want you to infect my home"
Maybe I should take sage and holy water with me
This is for halloween so maybe I could dress up as a big can of Lysol
or "the coronavirus"

Msg #625985

0 replies
"You can sit in your car while we sign" n/m
By  canotaryhere on 10/30/20 5:58pm

Msg #625984

1 replies
To Lee and everyone else
By  canotaryhere on 10/30/20 5:56pm

I love the comment about "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over"? Would love to be able to post that in a variety of places.
Recently had a title company call me with an attitude about a file that didn't close because of an error on the deed that i had tried to contact them about from the signing table. They wanted to know why it wasn't done and when I said that changes couldn't be made on the deed in ink, she stated I know what can't be done on the deed but why didn't you do it anyway

Msg #625970

4 replies
Shady Business Practices
By Penny Nichols on 10/30/20 3:26pm

CXChoice or The Closing Exchange in Long Beach CA has shady business practices. I was assigned a loan doc signing yesterday at 1p.m. to meet with the signer this morning at 10am.. I emailed asking for docs last night. I received a phone call from Steve of CXChoice at 6:52 p.m. stating the signing had been cancelled. I felt something was up. I called the signer at 7:12p.m. to see if he had cancelled or if the title/escrow/lender had cancelled. He said no, he was not aware of any cancellation. At 10:01 am I received a call from the signer and he told me he had just received a call from a Notary who was on his way to meet with him in 10 minutes. This company is not someone to do business with.
They send out mega text and emails all hours day and night and most of them are not in the area they are 40-50 miles away. Does your phone blow up while sitting at an appointment? I could go on. Just don't trust this company

Msg #625967

4 replies
Flagstar package w/ORTC... 202 pages
By  Yoli/CA on 10/30/20 2:04pm

14 x 2 notarizations. Trust involved. Yep, requested and got fee increase. Smile Wish I had charged per notarization ....

Msg #625965

9 replies
Never saw the CD yet...refused to sign
By CST on 10/30/20 1:36pm

once again....he said if they had only sent me an electronic copy of the CD, I could have gotten this fixed. Seems to be some steps being left out on clients seeing the CD 3 days in advance. This is not my first experience with this and unfortunately, it's been happening too often. Frustration.

Msg #625959

5 replies
Anyone work with Spectrum One / SO Signings out of Calif?
By Kathryn Pratt on 10/30/20 12:36pm

I got two calls this week for signings from Paul Healey at SO signings. I did two assignments, but he asked me to invoice and didn't ask for a w-9 or anything. It was super casual. No platform, he just sent the docs via unencrypted email. I am reluctant to take more work from this company because I can't find any reviews on it at all and I want to make sure they will pay me and it seems weird that the email was not encrypted.

Have any of you worked with this company? Thanks!

Msg #625958

0 replies
For some CA notaries whose CA Drivers License has expired
By  Cheryl Elliott on 10/30/20 9:43am

Great news for drivers over 70! As of Wednesday, you can now renew your license online or by mail, saving a trip to the DMV.

Previously, drivers 70 and older were granted a 1 year extension from their original expiration date, but would need to renew their license in-person at a DMV field office after that. Now, the DMV has expanded its eligibility for online and mail license renewals for all noncommercial drivers.

You can click here for more information or to begin your renewal online. If you need assistance with any DMV matter, my district office is here to help! You can call the office at (805) 549-3381 (our local Assemblyman's office.

Don’t forget to connect with me on social media to stay up to date on all the latest resources.

Sincerely,

Jordan

Msg #625957

4 replies
Thank you, NR, got my four new journals today
By  Cheryl Elliott on 10/30/20 9:30am

Ordered 10/27, arrived two days later, 10/29. I cut it really close this time before reordering.

Msg #625954

1 replies
It was definitely a pre full moon last night, had to forfeit
By  Cheryl Elliott on 10/30/20 9:00am

a file yesterday afternoon due to no docs, and I was fully booked, great clients. Finally, for the fifth and final package, I drove 15 miles into the wine country, it would have been dark as heck had it not been for the pre-full moon. The roads were windy and two lanes, no street lights in the country. Tomorrow will be a blue moon for Halloween, but most people are not trick or treating around here so we won't have to be on the watch for little ghouls, princesses, pirates, etc. at every bush, parked car, etc.

This month I notarized three couples' refis who are in the process of adoption of their foster children they've had in their homes for about a year now. One of the silver linings of COVID-19 is that the counties are overwhelmed with children who've ended up in the system and waiting for foster homes.

Truly wonderful people out there, it's such a happy time for everyone. Man, am I glad this monthend is over! Crazy busy month.

Msg #625945

7 replies
Redo of dot notarization
By Jennifer Mumford on 10/29/20 7:09pm

Hello. So I made a mistake and forgot to put my name ( x, notary public) on the dot notarization I did in August. The company emailed me the original notarization and a blank acknowledgment to redo. I called the client to re-meet. However , it’s my understanding under ca notary law that the title company needs to send me the dot as well as I can’t just send them a loose acknowledgment. Just want to clarify this. Thank you.

Jen

Msg #625939

6 replies
the Mask vs no-mask debate summation
By  sigtogo/OR on 10/29/20 6:00pm

Freedom to not wear a mask
Welcome to the Freedom Cafe! by Libby Jones
We trust you to make your own choices if you want to wear a face mask. And, in the same spirit of individual liberty, we allow our staff to make their own choices about the safety procedures they prefer to follow as they prepare and serve your food.
We encourage employees to wash their hands after using the bathroom, but understand that some people may be allergic to certain soaps or may simply prefer not to wash their hands. It is not our place to tell them what to do.
We understand that you may be used to chicken that has been cooked to 165 degrees. We do have to respect that some of our cooks may have seen a meme or a YouTube video saying that 100 degrees is fine and we do not want to encroach on their beliefs.
Some servers may wish to touch your food as they serve it. There is no reason that a healthy person with clean hands can’t touch your food. We will take their word for it that they are healthy and clean.
Water temperature and detergent are highly personal choices, and we allow our dishwashing team to decide how they’d prefer to wash the silverware you will put in your mouth.
Some of you may get sick, but almost everyone survives food poisoning. We think you’ll agree that it’s a small price to pay for the sweet freedom of no one ever being told what to do – and especially not for the silly reason of keeping strangers healthy.
From Ledger Dispactch
Editor's Note: This is copied from a social media post made by Libby Jones in June and was submitted to the Ledger Dispatch by Kathony Jerauld of Amador City.
http://www.ledger.news/.../article_c3918670-cd72-11ea...
http://twitter.com/libbyjones715/status/1277245399795982337

Msg #625928

11 replies
How To Prepare Signers
By NVLSlady/VA on 10/29/20 11:59am

About a third of my interactions after accepting a signing is E-mail and phone Communication.

The correspondence below is just One that is sent to All. Many have verbally expressed their appreciation for my thoroughness. They know exactly what it means to work with a professional. Not perfect, by any means.

Dear Signer(s):

During this unusual time, our notary public is eager to update you on precautions being taken, as well as conditions affecting your remote closing. Signers are being asked to confirm specific health situations and to wear protective masks while in the presence of the notary witness. Also, clients are encouraged to sign out of doors (garage or deck/porch/patio) if at all possible during the pandemic.

Additionally, your Notary may have specific instructions to follow for the safety of all. Please do not hesitate to inform your notary of any concerns.

Please place ID in a closed Ziploc or comparable plastic bag.
Review Closing Statement IN ADVANCE of your signing and contact Loan Officer or Title Agent with questions.
Inform closing agent of income or employment status changes caused by the pandemic.

We want you to know that we are remaining vigilant and are actively adhering to guidelines supported by our industry while working to ensure a smooth and safe transaction for signers.

May you and yours remain well.

Northern Virginia Loan Signing

IMPORTANT*: Due to the current public health crisis, all signers will be asked to confirm whether:
ANY household family member(s) has/have returned from international travel within the last 14 days?
ANY household family member(s) has/have had close contact with Or cared for someone diagnosed with COVID-19 within the last 14 days?
ANY household family member(s) has/have tested positive for COVID-19 Or experienced any cold or flu-like symptoms in the last 14 days (fever, cough, sore throat, respiratory illness, difficulting breathing, etc.)?

*If the answer is “yes” to any questions, Notary services will be denied.

http://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prevent-getting-sick/prevention.html

P.S. I may add, "Unless you are a cave-dweller, you've come to expect a Change in how your closing is conducted during these abnormal times."

PrevNextFirstLastNew MsgSearchThreaded ViewTopics ViewLinear View  Notary Talk Live

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.