Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

PrevNextFirstLastNew MsgSearchThreaded ViewTopics ViewLinear View  Notary Talk Live
Msg #641298

4 replies
Aggressive lenders
By  Cheryl Elliott on 7/11/22 5:30pm

Got a cold call from a well known lender a while ago. They called me 3X earlier but I was up to my elbow in worms and compost.

They want to refi my mortgage. I tell them I am selling. No problem...we can help your buyer. I say, he is a cash buyer. We are building in Idaho city, Idaho. We lend there too. We are using our sales proceeds to fund construction.

No worries...keep my number if we can help you with your projects.

I wonder how successful their results are with
their cold calling program.

Okay. Wow, talk about persistence and pressure. They are lowballers.

Msg #641297

0 replies
RESIDENTIAL MORTGAGE FUNDING
By SANTA CLARITA MOBILE NOTARY on 7/11/22 4:30pm

Has anyone done any loan signings for this company recently? I don't see any posts about them. Just wondering...

Msg #641286

5 replies
And yet, Another Scam
By kcg on 7/11/22 8:37am

You get a package that you didn't order. Same day, someone shows up at your door saying it's their package, wrong address. You hand it over to the "right" person. It is then charged to you. So if you get a package, don't hand it over. Call the company that sent it. This can also happen if someone has your CC #. From NPR.

Msg #641280

12 replies
I quit!
By  bhb/VA on 7/9/22 8:18pm

After doing this job for 18 years (11 part time and 7 full time), I am throwing in the towel. I will not work for the low fees being offered and I refuse to be tethered to my cell phone any longer to respond to the lowball requests that are being offered.
Thank you all for the information you have posted over the years. I am going to work on my golf game.

Msg #641273

5 replies
Astonishing SOS stats re. notary count? not really
By  Cheryl Elliott on 7/9/22 2:19pm

Some come, and more commissions are expiring without renewing. Between June 7 and July 9, 2022, the number of active commissions is 145,760, a decrease of 1,557.

I am monitoring these stats month to month...keep you posted.

Indeed, ZipRecruiter and others are busy!

Msg #641256

9 replies
Jobs continue to explode in June, wages rise faster than
By grapebed on 7/8/22 9:48am

expected defying recession fears.

Education, health and business services jobs led job creation. Employers, desperate to hire new employees, substantially increase salaries and benefits/perks. Remote job opportunities are ubiquitous.

http://www.cnbc.com/2022/07/08/jobs-report-june-2022-.html

I assume that loan signing opportunities remain slow with fees being offered substantially lower than 8 years ago. Please may I have a $10 additional print fee.? OMG. $5.00 a gallon for gas? This makes no economic sense, unless this "job" is a hobby. Newbies, don't attempt to pay the rent with this gig. And don't pay for loan signing educational courses or listing in notary directories. You will never see your money again. Get a real "job".

Msg #641251

8 replies
I almost laughed
By  Mike Goodey on 7/7/22 8:11pm

I almost laughed when I received a text from Notarized Inc. for a HELOC tomorrow in Glendora, then I was infuriated!
They offered $50 for , get this, 314 pages!!!!
I wanted to lambast them but simply countered $XXXX!!!
What schmucks!!! And sadly some poor soul notary will accept it.
Yes I put their name out there !!

Msg #641249

8 replies
do you have to be certified to do loan document signings
By Ninon Matos on 7/7/22 7:44pm

do you have to be certified to do loan document signings in California? or just be a notary?

Msg #641247

0 replies
Would you work for a co that advertises "low-cost" notaries?
By  Cheryl Elliott on 7/7/22 3:37pm

I see a trend where 20-yr old SS companies are advertising for low-cost, affordable notaries.

The same companies that want us to mask, still and sanitize, keep social distance, plus pay $7 a gal for gas, yet make peanuts for the privilege of accepting their assignments?

Makes a good case for moving away from these cheap, greedy companies. I hope they choke on their profits.

Msg #641241

5 replies
Florida SmartID
By Linda_H/FL on 7/7/22 9:55am

On another forum the subject of SmartID was raised - I understand it is legal in CO under certain circumstances (copy of DL on phone is acceptable providing signer has hard copy with them also) - based on that info I researched and found it was being investigated for use here in this state, but the info was almost 2 years old. So I wrote to the State of Florida and inquired if it was active yet- I received this response this morning.

"I wrote to the State of Florida to see if it was, in fact available - I received this response this morning:

"Good morning,

Thank you for your email. The Florida Smart ID application and the Florida Smart ID Verifier application have not been officially launched for Florida drivers and ID cardholders. At this time, the Florida Smart ID applications continue to be tested and updated by the development team. As part of this process, the applications must be in the Apple and Google stores as we continue to preview and test the Florida Smart ID.

We are looking forward to the official Florida Smart ID release and will be announcing it to the state through various means including emailing beta testers, social media platforms and the traditional press in the future.""

Msg #641228

13 replies
What background companies are there now-a-days other
By Belinda/OR on 7/5/22 11:34pm

than NNA?
Tried to do a search but not getting answers.

Msg #641208

12 replies
Printer jamming- Could it be the paper?
By AGNotary/CA on 7/4/22 5:17pm

I have an HP 4350 dual tray LaserJet printer. I have always bought the least expensive paper and I’ve never had a problem. All of a sudden my printer is constantly jamming. Could it possibly be the paper? If so, Is there a certain brand of paper that works better than others?

Msg #641190

4 replies
AVOID Working on behalf of Sunshine Signing Connection, Inc.
By Merl Grabowski on 7/2/22 8:48am

This final email pretty much says it all (actual fees redacted) on how this company does business.

Ms. Johnson:

Effective today (Friday, July 1st., 2022), this is my confirmation that Sunshine Signing Connection, Inc. has chosen to stop retaining my services for new signing agent / Vermont Notary Public assignments in Northeastern Vermont.

I find it disappointing, and very shortsighted by you and your company to lose me as a vital resource over such a small $20.00 deduction of our mutually negotiated, but firm $xxx.xx fee.

If I knew that this is how I was going to be treated by Sunshine Signing Connection, Inc. , I would have never accepted, at the very last minute, this assignment at a reduced fee of $xxx.xx from my minimum fee of $xxx.xx.

Until I receive complete payment for my services, I will no longer accept new assignments from Sunshine Signing Connection, Inc. or your affiliates.

Respectfully Submitted,
Merl Grabowski - Notary Public
802334notary@gmail.com
(802) 487-0195

cc: Herbert Willis - President - Sunshine Signing Connection, Inc.

Msg #641183

1 replies
Shasta Signings
By Bravo on 7/1/22 7:57pm

Nevermind-just read previous messages and I will continue avoiding this one. Thanks

Msg #641182

0 replies
Shasta Signings
By Bravo on 7/1/22 7:54pm

Has anyone had dealings with this company? They aren't listed in SC.

Msg #641172

24 replies
irritated
By  canotaryhere on 7/1/22 3:12pm

I was called for a signing stating no fax backs. That was fine, then the title company emailed and said they needed scan backs. I explained to the signing company that I had back to back appointments yesterday. By the time I was done with all my appointments it was 3:30. Last pick up time is 4 pm. If I had come back and scanned everything I would not have made the cutoff time to ship. Alsop I am in CA and they are in FL. Even if they had been scanned I'm sure there would not have been anyone at the title company last night.
Now they are saying borrower needs to send more funds and they want to waive the notary fee, before that they said it needed to fund last night. I never received an updated confirmation to include the scan back fee anyway. Too many different excuses from them and it is just irritating.

Msg #641168

3 replies
Orchard Street Settlements LLC G/B/U? n/m
By  LynnNC on 7/1/22 11:21am

Msg #641130

35 replies
Charge for compromised FedEx package
By JustANotary on 6/29/22 12:46pm

I sent docs back in the cardboard FedEx envelope. The title company says the package arrived broken & that more than half of the docs were missing. The title company pointed out that when they emailed the docs to me their email said that I was to send back docs in a plastic envelope. I have sent back many thousands of docs in a cardboard envelope & never had a problem because I use packing tape on the top to make sure the envelope does not come open.

So, I had to go back & have all of the docs re-signed. But now the lender is telling me that I have to pay $200 to have the borrowers put on credit watch...

Msg #641118

5 replies
Georgia loan signings
By Dayna Ollero on 6/28/22 10:39am

Does anyone know what the middle Georgia signing market is right now? Moved recently and want to make sure I am not wasting money by signing up with NNA, etc., again. Thank you!

Msg #641064

55 replies
I thought I was going to drive my car off the road this
By grapebed on 6/26/22 10:52am

morning coming back from church. I was listening to NPR station KWMU 90.7 Public Radio in St. Louis. The program was sponsored by, hold on to your seats, a local mobile notary. I checked out the sponsors web site.

Right smack near the top of her website, she has the clip of her NPR commercial.

I don’t have a clue the cost of the commercial, but she can have the radio clip on her web site as a “proud sponsor” of Public Radio forever. Is this a brilliant marketing idea? Please let me know your thoughts.

PTL, my car is safely parked in my garage. No accidents. PTl.

PrevNextFirstLastNew MsgSearchThreaded ViewTopics ViewLinear View  Notary Talk Live

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.