Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

PrevNextFirstLastNew MsgSearchThreaded ViewTopics ViewLinear View  Notary Talk Live
Msg #609318

4 replies
Serenity Signings
By Tannis Zamora on 8/13/19 3:04pm

Hi all, been awhile. I did a search in the SS listings and the "unavailable" except for Premium members came up. Can anyone explain that to me and does anyone know about this company. Thank you for your time.

Msg #609303

21 replies
Has anyone noticed a dramatic drop in Hybrid signings from
By grapebed on 8/12/19 8:00pm

Amrock? Thanks in advance for your responses.

Msg #609301

3 replies
Latest variation on a scam?
By JanetK_CA on 8/12/19 6:36pm

I'll bet I'm not the only one who received an email from "Patricia Birdsong" who claims to be in Spain and has a package that needs to be picked up tomorrow. (It was from a gmail account. And I'm sure a UPS store would just hand it over.)

The tip-off is that the UPS store supposedly holding the package is about 100 miles away from me - with hundreds of notaries in between... Wink My guess is that if I responded (I did not), I'd get a link with "more info" in reply.

Msg #609286

12 replies
question about hybrid hello
By Pruet - Alice on 8/12/19 10:24am

Hybrid HELOC (eSigning) what is this>

Msg #609284

5 replies
My Mobile Closer - finally got paid
By Janet Pattison on 8/12/19 8:56am

Anyone have a problem getting paid from My Mobile Closer in Colleyville TX?
They were over 100 days past due and I got a check from them today. They said it's because the accountant embezzled the funds.

Msg #609271

7 replies
MORTGAGE QUESTION
By  walthtz on 8/10/19 10:51pm

Trying to get a little info for a friend before she speaks to an attorney?
Her Husband walked out leaving her with 2 kids & 2 dogs.
Now, a few years ago, they did a refi. @ that time the they were both on the Mortgage as required by New Jersey, but only the husband was on the Note.
Now the husband wants to forgo any more mortgage payments. Is the wife responsible for the Mortgage.?
Can this be held against her credit?

like I said in the beginning, I am just looking for some info so i can direct her.
PLEASE, only serious reply's.
Thank you.
Walter

Msg #609264

0 replies
RULONA oath/affirmation certificate, non-verification
By  VT_Syrup on 8/10/19 12:21pm

The versions of the Revised Uniform Law on Notarial Acts suggested by the Uniform Law Commission, and adopted by VT, require a notary to issue a certificate for all (almost all?) notarial acts, including oaths and affirmations. RULONA also provides short-form certificates for many, BUT NOT ALLl, notarial acts.

Although they provide a short certificate for a "verification under oath or affirmation" they don't provide one for other oaths, such as oaths before oral testimony, or an oath of office. Has anyone from one of the states that has passed RULONA created a certificate for these other oaths?

Msg #609253

1 replies
Sensible Signings, Joe Hartzell, Any recent experience?
By FeliseSoCal on 8/9/19 6:32pm

I have already read the previous posts. There does not appear to be anything recent.

Msg #609251

7 replies
Even wierder...call from the SSA telling me my SSN has been
By  Cheryl Elliott on 8/9/19 5:20pm

compromised. I called the number...spoke with a foreign speaking call center operator who said "how can I help you? and what is your SSN?" You're kidding right, I responded.

"If you ever call me again, I'll have you arrested. Hold on while I patch in my local police chief."

CLICK! went the other end...

Msg #609249

5 replies
Now this is wierd
By  Cheryl Elliott on 8/9/19 3:05pm

So a couple of years ago, Michael Crowder left WFG in Westlake Village, CA to work for TIMIOS, whom I once did a lot of work for until their fees dropped significantly, even before the advent of Snapdocs in 2012.

I get this broadcast email from Michael, but it bounces back after I responded that I could not take this job. I'm thinking it's phishing and not from Michael at all.

On Friday, August 9, 2019, 12:47:51 PM PDT, Michael Crowder <mcrowder@timios.com> wrote:

Hello,

Please advise if you can conduct this closing, details below.

Closing Date/Time: Aug 9 2019 5:00PM
Closing Location: 504 S 4TH AVE. , AVENAL, CA 93204
Doc Delivery Method: Timios Website

File Number: 1780970
Borrower: GRACIELA S. VARGAS,
Property Address: 16665 4TH STREET , HURON, CA 93234
Transaction Type: Refinance

Special Instructions:

Please contact me with any questions. Thanks.

Msg #609237

6 replies
so annoying
By  canotaryhere on 8/9/19 11:59am

did a signing for a correction of a mistake by title 3 weeks ago. They had put incorrect info on original docs that another notary had done (not the notary's mistake). Anyway I get an email that said a signature page was missing. I wouldn't have notarized a signature that wasn't there nor would I have omitted a page. I do however attach a loose acknowledgement form to the signed document as the SOS requires. Anyway, the document that was sent to do the correction on doesn't even have the same signers names on it. It has 2 completely different names. Emails and phone calls to company have received no response.

Msg #609221

15 replies
Signature question....
By Janet Megerdichian on 8/8/19 9:19pm

I have a signing coming up and all of the docs have this as under the signature line: MILDRED J. SPRY, INDIVIDUALLY AND AS TRUSTEE OF THE JJAB FAMILY TRUST UNDER TRUST INSTRUMENT DATED DECEMBER 20, 2018 - DATE

Do I have them sign their name, trustee? Or just their name only? Just want to make sure.

Msg #609210

3 replies
This week was a little quiet after a rip roaring EOM
By  Cheryl Elliott on 8/8/19 5:12pm

But today, my phone is smoking. So unusual to get calls from company who ask what your fee is instead of broadcasting bird seed fees.

I feel "validated" after booking three gigs today at "vintage" fees, if you get my drift.

Msg #609208

8 replies
The more you learn about how SD works, the worse it appears.
By Lee/AR on 8/8/19 4:58pm

As has been pointed out before...companies can rate you based on whatever...and you'll never know a thing.
Many TCs use it and when they can't find someone for the paltry fee they're willing to pay, rather than negotiate, they turn it over to some poor unsuspecting SS who is using the same SD database. How crazy is that?

The SS negotiates a reasonable fee (apparently getting approval from original TC)...then you get 'removed'...tho' SS often tells you signing was canceled. You'll never know why you were removed but this forces you to guess and I would guess that they found someone cheaper or TC got their undies in a bunch because TCs cost is the same whether TC hired you or SS did...with SS fee added.

So, what's the difference between 'removed' and 'cancel'? A 'remove' keeps the order OPEN, but directly affects your SD rating in a negative manner...you'll be further down the list! Whereas a 'cancel' is truly canceled and so does not affect your placement.

Then there's the badly outdated database that they scraped from other directories when they started. Only way you get out of SD database is to remove yourself, but people who have stopped this gig rarely bother, so...how crazy is that? But, who cares....spam out a few dozen and you'll get some replies.

Msg #609206

5 replies
Clear Title LLC Orlando FL ??
By  NJW/FL on 8/8/19 4:06pm

Has anyone worked with them recently? Comments on SC are older.

Msg #609205

7 replies
Miles B Signings
By docs2go/ca on 8/8/19 2:35pm

HI! Anyone ever accepted work form Miles B SS? Any news to report? Thanks!

Msg #609200

5 replies
Good news for us??
By Yoli/CA on 8/8/19 11:14am

http://www.msn.com/en-us/money/realestate/mortgage-refi-fever-sweeps-us-sending-brokers-scrambling/ar-AAFwzWs?li=BBnbfcN

Msg #609178

10 replies
fees for refinance and new purchases
By Cindy Herring on 8/7/19 3:09pm

can someone give me the going rate for closings in California for refinance and new purchases?
This is when you get them from title and escrow

Msg #609171

7 replies
Superior Signing Company
By Denise Mentz on 8/7/19 11:24am

Michele Couch from Superior Signing Company in Corona is a thief, not true to her word.
She offered me a signing some 30 miles away for $150. The borrower wasn't there, she said since it was far she'd pay me $100. I only received $75.
Another signing was a sellers package for $75, she paid me $50. She said the reason for that was that the loan didn't go through and escrow wouldn't pay her anything for it so she thought she was acting in good faith to pay me $50. I've bent over backwards for this company, to do signings on the spur of the moment as all of us notaries do if we want to work and make a living out of this career we have chosen. I only received these two payments 3 months after the fact, even after sending her numerous emails and texts messages that she owed me for these signings. Not someone I would work for in the future. Notaries beware.

Msg #609169

1 replies
Web Site
By  walthtz on 8/7/19 10:08am

can anyone recommend a web site builder?

PrevNextFirstLastNew MsgSearchThreaded ViewTopics ViewLinear View  Notary Talk Live

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.