Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

PrevNextFirstLastNew MsgSearchThreaded ViewTopics ViewLinear View  Notary Talk Live
Msg #617979

0 replies
Be ready for "opportunity" knocks, you never know.
By  Cheryl Elliott on 3/27/20 8:34am

I received a call late yesterday afternoon for a signing 25 miles away, was I available, yes.

We have your fee at $90, I quickly responded with, my fee is $150 during this compromising season.

Bingo, approved. It was two pages and two notaries required on a couple of docs that went missing, apparently. In and out and back home. It rounded up my day to a perfect target income.

Be on your toes for the times when opportunity knocks. The loan had funded, but still the package needed to be complete to fully close and be scanned.

Msg #617976

2 replies
How much or whether we work may be moot: how was your EOM?
By  Mary_in_VA on 3/27/20 1:23am

Virginia was effectively shut down at 11:59 p.m. Tuesday. Since then, the few loan I've closed, without exception, were with a government worker either still working or who will still get a check during the shutdown and have a job when this is over [Dept of Transportion employee, school teacher (2 different closings), etc.] And, of course, in this area, we have the military. I also had closings that were scheduled, then cancelled and never rescheduled. I think this is due to probems with verification of employment and those pesky affidavits that have borrowers state that their employment and financial status haven't changed since they applied for the loan!

Msg #617974

1 replies
Don't think we need the Defense Production Act?
By  sigtogo/OR on 3/27/20 1:07am

You will not believe that what is happening here in Oregon, and across the county, can be real but it is! Many, many substantiating reports by those on the front lines, including docs, nurses, epidemiologists, governors , senators, representatives, etc. The only one that doesn't acknowledge for whatever perverted reason is the crazy person in the White House and his loyalists. Every hospital in our state is sending emergency, icu nurses , all hospital staff into likely infected areas to treat people who aren't often being tested.
http://www.opb.org/news/article/ppe-shortage-masks-gloves-homemade-oregon/

Don't try to pin a slow response on Congress, it lands squarely on the shoulders of the President.

Msg #617956

4 replies
Notaries Are Considered Essential Employees
By PegiT_MN on 3/26/20 7:32pm

Minnesota goes into lockdown tomorrow night at midnight. Only essential employees will be able to keep working. I have read the entire Executive Order from Governor Walz and it clearly states that notaries are essential employees. We fit into the banking, financial, real estate category as well as having our very own category.

I will be taking a few closings here and there but strictly garage and outdoor closings and following strict COVID-19 protocol as far as social distancing, sanitizing, etc.

It's a scary time for everyone and I pray that if you do decide to take closings, please stay safe and healthy and be mindful of your surroundings at all times.

Wash your hands, don't touch your face, don't touch your eyes, wear gloves if you need to, wear a face mask if you need to, and most of all eat right and get your rest.

Good luck to everyone.

Msg #617947

20 replies
just curious, who knows someone firsthand who's infected?? n/m
By Roadie_MD on 3/26/20 6:43pm

Msg #617938

4 replies
Who's doing on site signing?
By PcolaNtryFL on 3/26/20 5:35pm

Ironically I've had vacation planned for this week, naturally that didn't happen but still enjoyed some down time. Thinking of signings next week....but nervous of entering homes. Besides eSignings are you still doing signings and going into homes?
Any feedback or tips appreciated.

Msg #617937

2 replies
electronic/remote notarization in the Evergreen state
By Philip Johnson on 3/26/20 5:23pm

https://www.governor.wa.gov/sites/default/files/proclamations/20-27%20-%20COVID-19%20Notary%20%28tmp%29.pdf

https://app.leg.wa.gov/billsummary?BillNumber=5641&Year=2019&initiative=

Msg #617933

1 replies
CDC Stats on The Annual Flu Season
By Art_FL on 3/26/20 4:38pm

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/burden/preliminary-in-season-estimates.htm

Something to think about.

Msg #617925

7 replies
Refrigerated trucks backed up to hospitals
By Bear900/CA on 3/26/20 4:05pm

I wonder what for?

Msg #617909

4 replies
Lendmark Closing Services
By  Anita Edwards on 3/26/20 2:58pm

Out of Pittsburgh. Anyone have any experience with them?

Msg #617906

9 replies
HYBRID closings
By NCLisa on 3/26/20 2:27pm

A lender cannot have there own E platform in NC it has to be through an NC SOS approved vendor. So most companies use Pavaso.

I have one huge lender that does lots of Hybrid closings. Right now people don't want me bringing my laptop into their homes as they are hard to sanitize without ruining them. I am not ruining a laptop for this job! I also want to point out with all the work at home going on, the internet is far slower. My hybrid closings are taking some time because Pavaso can't keep up. One took me 45 minutes because Pavaso was "thinking" so slow. I am in and out in 15 to 20 with this one lender when it is all paper.

I was told by someone at the TC yesterday that if I explain to the borrower that it is a Hybrid closing and they prefer paper, the lender will change it to paper. (and I won't get a defect for it) I have had 3 borrowers call the lender today and ask for paper and I get an updated hybrid order again. I'm sorry, but do these people at this Q lender not know what a Hybrid vs paper vs E Close is?

Most people want all paper closings and want me OUT of their homes ASAP. Why can't this lender understand this?

Msg #617905

5 replies
Governors issuing RON orders
By Bear900/CA on 3/26/20 2:26pm

In an executive order issued March 19, New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo allowed for performance of notarial acts via audio-video technology through April 18, 2020.

New Hampshire Gov. Christopher Sununu issued an order authorizing the temporary authority to perform secure remote online notarization.

http://www.thelegaldescription.com/TLD/TheLegalDescription.aspx

Msg #617903

3 replies
Nat'l Paralegal Notary / Notary Jane
By Linda Juenger on 3/26/20 12:32pm

I did a search and no new info since 17. I have done a couple debt consolidations for this company. Most are cattle call types that are way way out of my area. The couple I have done have paid ok. I received an email stating they will be charging a $29 fee if I want to continue working for them. I have never paid a fee to anyone for work and don't plan on starting now. This was not disclosed upfront before accepting the assignments. What is Notary Jane?? Any info?? Thanks

Msg #617899

5 replies
wearing plastic gloves
By Blueink_TN on 3/26/20 12:23pm

Maybe the gloves I bought are different than other notaries are using.... but I can't get a finger grip to handle the pages. Even using the fingertip moistener doesn't help. Any advice? (besides stay home, just trying to finish up the signings previously scheduled). TIA

Msg #617896

1 replies
What mortgage "forbearance" may mean for mortgage companies
By Bear900/CA on 3/26/20 11:37am

"If one quarter of borrowers seek “forbearance” agreements allowing them to push back mortgage payments by six months or more, the Mortgage Bankers Association estimates that mortgage companies will be on the hook for at least $75 billion on short notice, and possibly more than $100 billion.

“It’s going to be a liquidity tsunami,” Mr. Cooper CEO Jay Bray told the Wall Street Journal. Mr. Cooper, along with Quicken Loans, is one of the largest such nonbank lenders, which have ramped up their involvement in the home loan market following the financial crisis.

http://therealdeal.com/2020/03/24/its-going-to-be-a-liquidity-tsunami-mortgage-firms-gear-up-for-missed-payments/

Msg #617888

1 replies
Some good news for a change, re the stimulus pkg 4 Americans
By  Cheryl Elliott on 3/26/20 10:13am

I get this email every morning from the LATimes, and it's refreshing to hear good news than the steady stream of very difficult statistics about the death rates globally from Corona Virus.

Enjoy!

http://www.latimes.com/california/newsletter/2020-03-26/mortgage-relief-coronavirus-newsletter-essential-california

Msg #617884

3 replies
E-notary
By  Pete Hess on 3/26/20 12:11am

Any doing e-notarizations?

I came across Docverify but wanted more info if anyone has used them or if there is another platform available or better.

Thanks!

Msg #617877

7 replies
How to get free COVID-19 testing
By  Cheryl Elliott on 3/25/20 11:10pm

One day soon I will be traveling to a State Mental Hospital to get a POA signed by an incarcerated person for his spouse in Northern California.

I called today to make arrangements and make arrangements for two credible witnesses as he has no idea on his person, and neither does his spouse.

I was told by his social worker that this does not just happen over night, and that I will be tested by skilled staff for the COVID-19 virus. There are a couple of tests I'll undergo to insure I am not a carrier.

One of the tests is a live scan fingerprint that detects this virus, and the second I don't know about yet.

I'll keep you all posted.

Msg #617867

5 replies
Proper 'sterile technique' - a training video by an MD.
By JanetK_CA on 3/25/20 9:52pm

This video addresses bringing food into your home, whether it be from the grocery store or takeout, in specific detail. He say we should be applying techniques used by physicians in the operating room to how we protect ourselves against COVID-19. I learned quite a bit from this!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=share&v=sjDuwc9KBps&fbclid=IwAR3KygV8a1jI8aTHKLVhy-tjxlOiqZTdd-UbJ7GHhC3xdQ6tPPw3TqrfiEo&app=desktop

Msg #617846

7 replies
OC executive order for FL notaries in Orange Cty
By Luckydog on 3/25/20 9:04pm

Any Orange County FL notaries needing the Executive Order who are working, I have it, PM me. It was drafted March 24th at 5:54 PM
In it states We are deemed essential and shall remain open. Sec.2 (20) Legal or accounting services and notaries public.
I printed all 7 pages and will keep in my notary bag should I be questioned, signed by Mayor Demmings.

PrevNextFirstLastNew MsgSearchThreaded ViewTopics ViewLinear View  Notary Talk Live

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.