Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

PrevNextFirstLastNew MsgSearchThreaded ViewTopics ViewLinear View  Notary Talk Live
Msg #632526

9 replies
CVR Notary Services, Bridgeton, MO -- G/B/U??
By  Yoli/CA on 6/3/21 8:48am

Another blast email. Gives following info:

Cory Robic
Vicki Robic
CVR Notary Services LLC
3346 Bridgeton Trails Dr.
Bridgeton, MO 63044
314.497.4897 (phone-Cory)
314.323.4951 (alternate contact-Vicki)
866.530.8069 (fax)
cvrnotaryservices@gmail.com

I don't see them in SC.

Msg #632525

2 replies
A Great Notary Signing Service, South Holland, IL -- G/B/U?
By  Yoli/CA on 6/3/21 8:45am

Carmela L. Bellamy, CEO; phone - 877-235-4300

Received an email requesting I register with them. Just wondering if anyone has any experience with them and how it turned out. I don't see them in SC.

TIA!

Msg #632508

8 replies
Errors and omissions
By Michael Mallia on 6/2/21 12:06pm

I need a policy and I am in New York. The last one I had was pretty cheap. I am now quoted almost 400 a year. Is there a minimum amount of coverage needed?

Msg #632507

4 replies
Sometimes…. You just need to listen before providing your
By Alz on 6/2/21 11:31am

input and/or information.

Recently, I received a call from a potential client. The caller begins to describe the project. As I listened, I started to formulate in my mind a reasonable fee for services to be rendered. Towards the end of the conversation, I was told to invoice the company for a certain amount, which was a bit more than what I had calculated. Naturally, I accepted the offer.

My moral of this story was to listen more carefully and speak least. Ask the necessary questions of course, but don’t be such in a hurry to interject. I guess I’m not the only person who value the services provided by the professionals. IMJS.

Msg #632500

2 replies
LIBERTY TITLE & ESCROW - Orlando, FL GOOD PAYER PLEASE READ
By  Barb25 on 6/2/21 8:34am

Yesterday I posted here on Notary Rotary about this company (I only know about Orlando by the way). I was having an issue concerning the inability to get the fee and some of the instructions confirmed in writing. Then I came on Notary Rotary. Did a Search and found some BAD things concerning pay. That was all I needed to finish me off. My apologies to LIBERTY TITLE & ESCROW Orlando. First of all, there seems to be others by the same name. Are they even associated? I don't know. If anything, I have found communication FRUSTRATING. I refused to do the job. I hadn't been paid for the last one and after reading the comments, didn't think I would. WRONG.

I went to the Mailbox. OMG. No joke there was the check. Not even overdue. Paid for a closing from May 20th. So to take a job from them... SOLID. If you can get over the other stuff...LOL

With certainty I can I will never be getting a call from them but I will send them an apology.

My apologies to all of you. Thank you.

Msg #632483

5 replies
Safety first !!
By  Mike Goodey on 6/1/21 3:46pm

How sad to think that no occupation is free from random shootings.
Police deal with shootings and death on a daily basis.
Firefighters deal with tragedies and death daily, but to have a fellow firefighter shoot a brother is beyond belief.
My son is a West Covina firefighter/paramedic and he was told that an engineer got off work at station 81 and came back and started shooting, killing a brother fireman. My niece's husband is Pomona captain said he knows several of these men.
This is so sad that our world has become a battle ground of hate.

Msg #632476

3 replies
Tracking a package ...
By  Yoli/CA on 6/1/21 2:13pm

Last Thursday, after my 1:00 signing, I used drop boxes (UPS & Fedex sitting next to each other) as I was in a rush to get to next appointments and didn't want to miss day's final pickups. Just for giggles, tried tracking 'em a few minutes ago on each respective website. UPS package delivered 5/28/21 at 9:45am. No record AT ALL for the Fedex package. Oh no!! I tried it again several times with same result.

Get on phone and call Fedex. Robo message tells me package delivered 5/28/21 at 10:10am and who signed for it. WTH!! Tried the website again and still "No record of this tracking number .... " <smh>

Msg #632475

5 replies
Liberty Title & Escrow (Orlando, FL)
By  Barb25 on 6/1/21 1:53pm

Here goes. I took a job from them in May 2021. The 20th to be exact. Completed. Went great. What a runaround. Would confirm nothing, got that nothing by email (fee). Weird. Send an invoice for $125. They offered. I asked for email confirmation. Several times. Never got. Sent invoice. Not paid. But hey only June 1st. Okay.. Today new call for Today. Buyer and Seller for Today. Same runaround. With fee. With Witnesses. With faxbacks. With fact that if I faxback, I may (probably will ) miss drop off time. No one gets back. I ask again for confimation. Nothing. Now I am going in for second payment loss probability. I come here. Not good. I may be loosing money. Maybe not. I look. I did a job in Nov 2019. Pay in 8 days. I send an email. I am OUT. Get someone else.I think I could have said five hundred. It would not have been an anwer of WHAT!!!. It would have been NO ANSWER. Anyhow may I passed up on something. But I can't do this. These people are beyond me. Anyhow. I even had to say DID YOU UNDERSTAND I AM NOT GOING TO YOUR 4 O'CLOCK. THIS IS MY LAST EMAIL.... I'M DONE. THAT IS THE END OF MY CONSCIENCE. Any of you out there BEWARE. Either you will make a good fee or whatever. I think whatever.

Msg #632470

6 replies
[Take Action] The SECURE Notarization Act of 2021
By Matt Miller on 6/1/21 8:43am

This is a CALL TO ACTION for ALL NOTARIES!

The SECURE Notarization Act of 2021 is currently assigned to the United States SENATE JUDICIARY COMMITTEE awaiting a hearing date.

The SECURE Notarization Act of 2021 was introduced by Senators Mark Warner, VA and Kevin Cramer, ND and, if passed, will authorize REMOTE ONLINE NOTARIZATION in all states and authorize all U.S. Notaries to perform electronic and online notarizations immediately.

The CLIN is opposing the SECURE Notarization Act of 2021 for many reasons including, data privacy concerns, liability concerns, market consolidation by large companies, and most importantly, the bill would overrule state legislatures and would interfere with states' long standing ability to enact and enforce their own laws regarding the authenticity of critical documents by imposing vague federal minimum standards for notarization.

We must make our voices heard! Click below to submit a letter of opposition. Our goal is 10,000 letters, if just 100 notaries from all states participate, we will reach our goal and stop this bill in it's tracks.

Click to take action now: http://www.calnotaries.org/law-alerts/letter-campaign-secure-notarization-act-of-2021

Msg #632469

2 replies
Front Range Notary in Thornton, CO G/B/U
By  Cheryl Elliott on 6/1/21 7:01am

Anyone worked with Dorie McCleskey, a notary herself who owns Front Range Notary?

FRONT RANGE NOTARY, INC. is a business entity registered with the Colorado Department of State (CDOS). The business entity number is #20201615112. The business office address is located at 13479 Clayton St, Thornton, CO 80241. The business is formed on July 19, 2020.

FRONT RANGE NOTARY, INC. · 13479 Clayton St, Thornton, CO 80241
opencorpdata.com/us-co/20201615112

Msg #632468

3 replies
CA Malls will be turned into housing
By  Cheryl Elliott on 5/31/21 9:57pm

new housing
items.[0].image.alt
Photo by: Damian Dovarganes/AP
This Thursday, May 27, 2021, photo shows an empty shopping cart in an empty parking lot at the closed Sears in Buena Park Mall in Buena Park, Calif. California state lawmakers are grappling with a particularly 21st-century problem: What to do with the growing number of shopping malls and big-box retail stores left empty by consumers shifting their purchases to the web. A possible answer in crowded California cities is to build housing on these sites, which already have ample parking and are close to existing neighborhoods. Even before the pandemic, big-box retail stores struggled to adapt as more people began buying things online. In 2019, after purchasing Sears and Kmart, Transformco closed 96 stores across the country, 29 in California. (AP Photo/Damian Dovarganes)
By: Associated Press
Posted at 3:33 PM, May 31, 2021
and last updated 3:33 PM, May 31, 2021

SACRAMENTO, Calif. (AP) — With California facing a housing shortage, some state lawmakers want to make it easier for developers to build houses on commercial sites.

A bill that cleared the state Senate last week is aimed at the growing number of closed shopping malls and big box retail stores. It would let developers build houses on those sites without going through the hassle of changing local zoning.

Another bill will would pay local governments to change zoning to let developers build affordable housing. Housing advocates love the idea, but are concerned a requirement that such projects use skilled labor that usually means union members will drive up prices.

Msg #632463

3 replies
Link to Virtual Vietnam Memorial Wall
By Art_FL on 5/31/21 8:13am

With this link you are able to find friends, relatives, and ancestors. I hope this give us something meaning ful to consider.

https://www.virtualwall.org/iStates.htm

Msg #632462

0 replies
Remembering those who served our country
By  Cheryl Elliott on 5/31/21 7:29am

Honoring our nation's heroes on Memorial Day! Thank you for your service, past, and present.

Msg #632460

7 replies
Do Borrowers ask if you've been vaccinated ? New norm?
By pdl/cali on 5/30/21 4:52pm

I've had a few ask me if I've been fully vaccinated before they confirm with me. I have no problem with answering them, but what if they decline your service because you haven't. Does that mean if you choose not to get the shot, you could loose business? On the flip, I also had borrower's, no mask, non vaccinated, who are not concerned. WTH?

Msg #632424

22 replies
Not all UPS notaries have E&O insurance as they R not reqd 2
By  Cheryl Elliott on 5/28/21 4:59pm

by the SOS to have E&O in CA.

However, I received the rush, urgent request to meet the broker from San Bernardino and the buyer investor here on the central coast.

Buyer already signed once when at the last minute broker drove up and printed documents at FEDEX. She did not know they don't notarize at FEDEX, so she backtracked to a UPS store with investor in tow, to get everything notarized. It took over an hour.

Once everything came back to escrow and lender, it was learned the UPS notary was not adequately insured to notarize these documents, and in a last minute scramble, I met with investor and broker to get these documents signed and notarized. Broker drove them back to OC title company so that there could be a successful funding this morning.

So yesterday in the signing I couldn't ask many questions about how all this went down and why on a holiday weekend, these folks had to hustle at the 13th hour to drive five hours up here, witness a qualified notary notarizing purchase documents, and hand carrying them back to OC escrow officer.

I only had time to print one set to sign and promised the investor I would return this morning with her copy of purchase documents for her records. That is when she told me this was the most frustrating and stressful investment she had ever made, and NEVER AGAIN.

So much for "go find your own notary". What a debacle! Anyway, I now have two new clients out of this last-minute frenzy.

Msg #632418

0 replies
Deadbeat signing companies could accelerate in slowdown
By  Cheryl Elliott on 5/28/21 7:35am

If companies can't pay during the good times, what will happen when things do slow down altogether.

In reviewing "deadbeats" and "non-payment" and "slow pay" searches, I found another 20 companies that fall into these categories.

Let's keep the thread below going. I don't want to be the only one blowing the whistle on these companies. We need to keep them in the limelight so we don't get caught holding the bag while these companies pack up their tents and leave the scene.

Also, companies with only 3 stars are highly likely not to stay around, so use caution in working for these entities.

We've all been this way before, so let's be aware and prepared.

Msg #632412

2 replies
I bought the 27,000 page toner; HP 42X compatible
By Jose Gutierrez on 5/27/21 5:26pm

From ebay and it arrived and the printer software says its a 20K page toner, I contacted the seller and they offer me a 15% discount or to return the toner. I told them that the ebay listing was misleading and the toner they sent was 26% less than it was advertised and they offer me now a 30% discount that I took. I will keep you informed of the page count that it really prints.

Msg #632403

7 replies
Notarool
By  MonicaFL on 5/27/21 11:32am

Anyone ever hear of them??????????

Msg #632399

6 replies
Live Notaries LLC out of OR G/B/U?
By  Cheryl Elliott on 5/27/21 10:15am

Anyone have recent experience with this company?

Msg #632396

18 replies
Worst companies to work for
By Luckydog on 5/27/21 8:18am

Taking Cheryl up on this sounds like a fun thread.
Rules: Just say the company, location and a few words why to make it short. One company per post. If you have more, which we all do, add it in a separate post.
I'll start...

Archimerc, LLC AKA NAT USA, Doylestown, PA Horrible in every sense

PrevNextFirstLastNew MsgSearchThreaded ViewTopics ViewLinear View  Notary Talk Live

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.