Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

PrevNextFirstLastNew MsgSearchThreaded ViewTopics ViewLinear View  Notary Talk Live
Msg #633690

13 replies
Notary Work slowing in CA
By Cathy Edmondson on 7/21/21 11:44am

Is anyone else experiencing a slow down of notary work in your state? Also noticed here in CA., the lenders have cut the notary fees by 10-25 per closing. My daughter works for a lender here and they let staff of 50 loan processors go on Friday, noting the slow down.

Msg #633671

22 replies
Signing thief
By Joy/AK on 7/21/21 4:18am

I had a competitor try'n steal a signing from me. What would you do, to curtail the behavior? She found my info on SnapDocs and called a borrower I was assigned, and tried to pass herself off as the assigned notary. I called the SS and they'd never heard of her, they called Title who had never heard of her either, and they confirmed me as the Notary. I guess no harm done, but I thought Notaries were supposed to be honest?!

Msg #633656

14 replies
C2C is asking for me to volunteer my COVID vaccination statu
By Mills Mobile Notary Service on 7/20/21 6:15pm

Lisa Bittner, boss of C2C, reluctantly sent out message today, saying that they are getting requests from customers to send them a COVID vaccinated notaries. As a result, she asked us to update our profile (voluntarily) to reflect our COVID vaccination status.

This coming everywhere. Canada is opening their border only to the vaccinated.

Be prepared.

Msg #633648

14 replies
Yesterday I had a signing.
By Gavina Franklin on 7/20/21 2:33pm

Wife had a driver license with a maiden name. She got married 30 years ago and she never changed her name on her driver license ( and she does NOT want to change it now). She became really upset with me because I was the first notary ever complaining about it. She bought and refinanced her home loan multiple times without a complain about her married name not been on her driver license. She also had a trust created by an attorney and never complains about it. Well… I guess I am the only notary public out here that make sure the name on the document match the name on the driver license.
She stated… I am going to complain about you… Ok no problem …make sure you call the Secretary of State and let them know that I refused to notarized your signature since you don’t have a valid ID that match name on docs 
… I just love those…

Msg #633647

5 replies
Live Notaries LLC
By Elizabeth Girardeau on 7/20/21 2:25pm

I was contacted by Live Notaries LLC via text message on May 21, 2021 to do a mobile signing that afternoon, which I did. I filled out and resent all the vendor documents that were sent to me by them and returned them as requested. I completed the closing as requested. I have yet to be paid for this notarization. I have contacted them multiple times via text initially, to which I was promised several times that I was getting paid, including on May 31, that payment had been sent. I have tried calling them by phone and have left a message. I have emailed them. I have not received a reply to my emails or phone messages, nor my most recent text message. This is very frustrating. I don't know what to do anymore. But I certainly at this point would think twice about working for this company again.

Msg #633642

2 replies
Usual and customary fee for seller's package ...
By  Yoli/CA on 7/20/21 11:49am

Has it ever happened to you that a hiring party tries to get you to agree to a lower fee because "it's only a seller's package?" True, they're usually smaller packages (less pages). However, signing services generally get their usual fee. Why can't we?

For instance, I have a seller's package coming up for Wednesday. It's a good SS that I love working with. I quoted scheduling my base fee. She had to get it approved ("as they typically pay $100 - $125 for a seller package") and would call me back if okay. I did hear back. I get docs today. Settlement Statement shows SS getting $600 for this signing. At that rate, I'd hazard a guess that this SS is handling both the sellers and the buyer. Still, they're making a good portion of the fees, IMO.

Newbies, take note. Formulate and stick to your professional fees. Smile

Msg #633618

15 replies
Signing Services that won't pay
By Kristy Carazolez on 7/19/21 6:02pm

Completed a signing on 4/29/2021 and as of today no payment for the signing. Going on 75 days of non-payment. I guess I will take her and her business to court then she will owe me for pain and suffering. Looks like a good $500-$1000 winning coming my way.

Msg #633603

6 replies
Will ransoware attack shutdown closins n/m
By  Cheryl Elliott on 7/19/21 9:52am

Msg #633597

1 replies
CA Notaries will be able to get REALID at select AAA offices
By  Cheryl Elliott on 7/19/21 8:13am

This is fabulous for so many of us were not able to visit the DMV offices during COVID-19 to get the REAL ID. Hopefully, they will expand the area to other major cities in CA.

http://keyt.com/news/california/2021/07/18/aaa-members-will-be-able-to-get-a-real-id-at-select-auto-club-offices/

Msg #633576

8 replies
I finally graduated....I am now officially receiving
By Alz on 7/17/21 6:42pm

electronic payments from my GNWs. I know, I know,huh?! Sometimes it takes some of us longer than others.

So pleased that I took the plunge. Thank you to the professionals that have been posted about this for years. IMJS.

Msg #633572

4 replies
NotaryVM, Inc. Clearwater FL
By  Cheryl Elliott on 7/17/21 4:38pm

Another directory claiming to get notaries work for joining?

Anyone out there joined and got the golden egg?

Msg #633555

7 replies
House flipping hits lowest level since 2000
By Luckydog on 7/17/21 11:10am

Interesting article that crossed my path for nationwide flips.
http://www.housingwire.com/articles/house-flipping-hits-lowest-level-since-2000/
Maybe investors cannot find them at a price point to fix and make money on? A few areas are up though, but with the price of everything including lumber and electronics, I can really see why they are holding off, even though it is a seller's market right now.

Msg #633543

9 replies
Village Capital & Investments Henderson NV
By  Cheryl Elliott on 7/17/21 6:58am

Mind you, I've never worked for this outfit. Pre COVID-19, they called me a few times, but thanks to this forum, I was pre-warned about their low pay, slow pay to notaries who had worked with them.

Last night, I had a signing with a very young couple who purchased their first home in 2018, and they refinanced in 2019 with VC. It wasn't a horrible loan, average interest rate/fees. During COVID-19, VC called them several times to refi to a lower rate, twice they sent loan docs for them to sign, but the fees were astronomical, over $30K, and they opted to not sign VC's packages, and dinging their credit scores. All during COVID-19, they hunkered down with their 2yo working from home. Finally, recently they were contacted by another loan officer who offered them a great rate with hardly any fees.

With so many great lenders out there vying for the same business, I'm wondering how VC stays in business, and who is signing the loans they do originate.

Msg #633534

13 replies
A SnapDocs company shared my address with borrowers.
By NCLisa on 7/16/21 8:25pm

I was unable to reach a borrower to confirm our appt. I called and texted, no reply. I got to the borrower house today and they had a doorbell that said "the camera is not on". No one answers the door. I pull my phone out to call, and my phone rings. The person asks if this is Lisa, I say yes, they say they are at my house, a 30 minute drive away. They were given my name and address by the title company so they assumed they were driving to my "office" to sign.

There is absolutely no reason for MY address to ever be shared with anyone other than the people that mail out my check! When my HVAC contractor comes out to fix my AC, I don't need to know his address!

I find this sharing of my address disturbing. Is this being done by all the companies that use Snapdocs or just this one company? Some of the people that I have done closings for are not what I would call nice people. Just because they are living in a home, refinancing doesn't mean they aren't child abusers, rapists, or so many more things. I have had a few men over the years make me uncomfortable by hitting on me during a closing and calling me afterward. They don't need to know where I live. I do know that in many states our addresses may be a matter of public record, but the average person doesn't know how to use tax rolls or the ROD's records to look up addresses.

Do you want your address shared?

Msg #633533

35 replies
Seller
By  Mike Goodey on 7/16/21 7:31pm

Had a seller's pkg. today, about 58 pages which is quite a lot that I've seen. Usually they are around 30 pages. Anyway, the signing was for an old Japanese couple, very sweet.
I figured it would take about 40 minutes to complete.
From page one, I realized this will go on forever and ever. The husband was hard of hearing in his right ear so he sat to the right of me. His wife also sat to my right.
He started filling out his copy so I informed him that he needed to fill out the lender's copy.
Well, throughout, he still filled out his and the lender's and read every line on the pages.
I was dying. It took over 1 1/2 hours to complete and I couldn't get out fast enough.
Like I said, they were very nice and sweet but that just took wayyyy too long!!!

Msg #633529

1 replies
Problem updating my NR profile
By  LynnNC on 7/16/21 4:24pm

When I tried to update my NR profile, I received this message:

Web Application Firewall
This transfer is blocked by a Web Application Firewall.

This transfer is blocked.
URL https://www.notaryrotary.com/agent/myprofile.asp?id=
Event ID 30000136
Event Type signature

What does it mean?

Msg #633522

2 replies
At least some Costcos still have letter paper < $30/case
By JanetK_CA on 7/16/21 1:43pm

I'm well stocked up on legal size paper thanks to those of you who have posted links to good recent sales. However, I've been seeing letter size paper costs rise significantly, too. I usually wait for sales to buy letter paper, which I used to see at pretty frequent intervals, but not lately.

So I decided to check back at my local Costco again and was pleasantly surprised to see a case at just under $30. (They've moved it, of course, so I had to ask.) I guess I stopped buying there because I was getting it delivered to my home for about the same amount. But for the several dollars difference, it wasn't that big a deal to get some help or handle it myself. [BTW, I have a bad back, so I never try to lift a case of paper. I have a Swiss army knife in my car's emergency kit, so if necessary, I just cut the ribbon holding the box together and deal with it a few reams at a time. Wink]

Msg #633502

9 replies
Electronic Payments, anyone?
By Morris_Co/NJ on 7/16/21 9:19am

Hello, and happy Friday, fellow mobile notaries. I'm re-entering the business after a 10-year hiatus (yes, I'm a "recovering" notary signing agent) and I'm wondering if any of the agencies are paying electronically?

The nice person who delivers my lunch gets paid that way, why not us?

Thank you very much.

Msg #633495

13 replies
TA-DA! FATCO going to SD for all notary scheduling
By  Cheryl Elliott on 7/16/21 6:10am

Got two of these yesterday, one from the San Diego office and one from our local office.

Hello Notaries,

We are reaching out to you to let you know of a new process of scheduling mobile notaries, not conducted by First American employees. If you currently come into our offices to pick up and drop off loan documents, that process will not change. This is ONLY if you are sending loan documents to and from a trusted and secured site.

As one of our trusted notaries in California, beginning August 11, 2021, our First American Title offices in Santa Barbara County will begin coordinating all notary signings through Snapdocs. Snapdocs is a scheduling and signing platform that signing agents nationwide use. We will use Snapdocs’ platform to coordinate appointments, transfer documents, and pay you via direct deposit for your work.

If you do not have a notary profile on Snapdocs or you are missing necessary credentials to be verified to work with First American, you will get an email shortly from the support team at Snapdocs. That email will contain more information on setting up your Snapdocs account in preparation for the August 11, 2021 launch.

After August 11, 2021, you will receive payment through VendorPay (direct deposit). Please make sure you complete this setup in your account to avoid any delays in payment. If you have questions about this transition, you can reach out to the First American support team at (833)-762-7362 or at support@snapdocs.com

Regards,

Thank you

Msg #633486

2 replies
New NSA
By Holly Panches-Newman on 7/15/21 6:37pm

Hi all! I'm a new NSA, no basic notary work or loan signings yet. I'm in southern California. I see the list of signing companies but can anyone recommend 3-5 that would be great for someone with 0 experience? I need to get my feet wet and and I just need a reliable company to start with.
Thanks

PrevNextFirstLastNew MsgSearchThreaded ViewTopics ViewLinear View  Notary Talk Live

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.